• 200-400

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 600-900

• 1000+

• Total voters
Best answers
stop compiling bout the lagg in 1.1 they tryed not 2 have lagg but crap happens but i dont compile b\c at least they made it... and i think they r fixing it in 1.2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
100-200? And why does this thread exist?

Best answers
cuz i hear ppl always say lagggg and it gewts anoying when i try 2 play

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're WAAAAY off, dude.

Firstly, it's NOT the mod (esf) that decides everyone's ping.

It depends on the following:
1. Location of the host server and the client (basically the distance between them)
2. Speed of the host server's processor and net connection
3. Speed of the client's net connection

So if you're in ... say Zimbabwe (o_O), and the host is in North-Western Canada (so that makes it far far away), then you will get terribly high ping + lag. Lag is mostly a direct result of your ping.

Now for LAG:
Definition - The falling behind of the client user's game progress as compared to the host. That is, supposing you press teleport NOW, and it happens 2 seconds after, or it is registered 2 seconds later in the host's server, then this is a typical case of lag.

Making a poll asking people about their ping is useless, as it will vary from server to server. Use All Seeing Eye if you want to find servers near to your location and join those if you want lower ping. But the way to get better faster is playing in lag. :)

So there ya go, enjoy your ESF experience! ;)

[holy crap, never thought my reply would be so long o_O, heh call me the helper :p ]

Best answers
First, gotta say, you're totally right there groovy. But you gotta admit, 1.1 has a little more lag. But to all u people that complain about, there's steps to fix it.

1. Go here.
  2. Get high bandwith internet and/or buy a better comp (preferably above 1 ghz).
  3. Bite your tongue and take it u wuss
    [/list=1]

Best answers
ok geeze i know what u all r saing but ALL IM SAYING IS THEY NEED @ STOP COMPLAING>>>>OK!

Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
You're WAAAAY off, dude.

Firstly, it's NOT the mod (esf) that decides everyone's ping.

It depends on the following:
1. Location of the host server and the client (basically the distance between them)
2. Speed of the host server's processor and net connection
3. Speed of the client's net connection

So if you're in ... say Zimbabwe (o_O), and the host is in North-Western Canada (so that makes it far far away), then you will get terribly high ping + lag. Lag is mostly a direct result of your ping.

Now for LAG:
Definition - The falling behind of the client user's game progress as compared to the host. That is, supposing you press teleport NOW, and it happens 2 seconds after, or it is registered 2 seconds later in the host's server, then this is a typical case of lag.

Making a poll asking people about their ping is useless, as it will vary from server to server. Use All Seeing Eye if you want to find servers near to your location and join those if you want lower ping. But the way to get better faster is playing in lag. :)

So there ya go, enjoy your ESF experience! ;)

[holy crap, never thought my reply would be so long o_O, heh call me the helper :p ]
Yes thats true, but he is saying on average, not for one server. The ping + lag has increased (on average) on 1.1 .

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason I explained that was because he made a poll asking people "whats ur ping?", and that seemed highly newbish and rather than asking him whether he meant average ping on US servers, I thought it would be more helpful to explain just incase he didn't know. And the reason forums are there for anything is not for 1 person to ask questions and get the answer, it's also for other forum users to get knowledge and browse around (using the search button sometimes) to collect information without having to ask questions. So I think it was perfectly legitemate my explaining the ping thingy.

And if that is what you meant, then let me quote:

Originally posted by GMan
100-200? And why does this thread exist?

And my believe is that 1.1 uses higher end models and skinning which is more of a load on the cpu/gfx card and causes a greater fps decrease.

Originally posted by ssmartin
But to all u people that complain about, there's steps to fix it.

1. Go here.
    [/list=1]

Best answers
Umm why are you makeing a thread about people who complain about lag. I spam lag in servers to see how many times it says "lag" per second. Just to test ping. I wouldnt call it complaining either. Everyone knows lag happens. Its the server you choose and your internet connection. Also when people say "lag" its to let other people know there lagging and there vulrable they dont "suck" so there.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 has better net coding and is therefore has less lag in good servers. Because 1.1 came out there are a lot of ****ty servers which people have been playing in and then complainging because they don't realize what they are doing. These people most likely played cs before trying this.

Best answers
Lag seems to be down overall(for me anyway), FPS is my, and many other's problem as well. Doesn't seem to be much I can do about it, nothing I try short of lower resolution seems to work. I know the tweaks, I know what I need to run this properly, I still get horrible frame loss and I just can't figure out why. Oh well, time to play more ESF :laff:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yeah :\ i always get a different ping on different servers. BUT my fps is still the same at all servers.. around 10 and 40.

Best answers
well it laggs for me but when i exit and re enter the server its fine.

Best answers
i only lagg when i have my mp3 player on other then that im fine while playing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man. Nothing worse than a bunch of kids who can't figure out why their dad's compaqs can't handle ESF on 1600x1200 res with kazaa running in the background, fifty apps open, popups raping the **** out of them, a Voodoo2 with old drivers, and four other computers on the network downloading all the time, and then coming here and blaming the team's "suckiness" in their work for their system blowing ass.

It's pretty simple--the game works. If it doesn't work for you, don't go here and go, "oooh u guys suk make th elag betre k thx bye." The team cannot be expected to clean up the mod on account of your computer setup sucking big penis. And don't give me any flames, because that is ALWAYS what it is. ALWAYS (except with BF1942, that game just sucks for functionality/compatibilty). Ping has nothing to do with the team because if one DSL dude is able to get 20 ping, ANY DSL dude should be able to get it.

So it's either your connection, your machine, or the server you're on. NOT the mod itself. End of story on that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
Man. Nothing worse than a bunch of kids who can't figure out why their dad's compaqs can't handle ESF on 1600x1200 res with kazaa running in the background, fifty apps open, popups raping the **** out of them, a Voodoo2 with old drivers, and four other computers on the network downloading all the time, and then coming here and blaming the team's "suckiness" in their work for their system blowing ass.

It's pretty simple--the game works. If it doesn't work for you, don't go here and go, "oooh u guys suk make th elag betre k thx bye." The team cannot be expected to clean up the mod on account of your computer setup sucking big penis. And don't give me any flames, because that is ALWAYS what it is. ALWAYS (except with BF1942, that game just sucks for functionality/compatibilty). Ping has nothing to do with the team because if one DSL dude is able to get 20 ping, ANY DSL dude should be able to get it.

So it's either your connection, your machine, or the server you're on. NOT the mod itself. End of story on that.
Haha! Isn't that the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom