This mod is giving me and my friend problems.

Best answers
Ok now:

This mod crashes my comp (without the devil guy too)
This mod crashes my server

Why I know its beta 1.1 but still you guys need to work on this?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
System stats and error message on crash?

Crash at random or during specific actions?

We need more information to help you troubleshoot.

Best answers
No error message it will just crash and restart the comp.
It will take us out of the game then it won't let us play again until we restart our comps. During certain stuff too like if im about to go ssj like have to kill one more person to be able to go ssj it will freeze.

Best answers
ever concidered of looking into your video configuration...the problem will most likely be your video, you have to set it to OpenGL or Direct3D, you probably have it in software mode and that wont work!!!

Best answers
Watch the weather, if it;''s hot and your comp can't handle the 3d graffix thus overheates ur pc, and it will auto restart...

now i know it sounds silly .. but when it hapens again enter ur BIOS and waatch ur comp temp...

otherwise re-install

Best answers
Also, we need much more information. Have you had trouble with other mods as well, or just ESF? ESF may be beta 1.1, but few people have serious problems like this, so don't say that the team "needs to work on this", I haven't seen anyone complain about this before.

Best answers
ESF crashes when I run it in 2000 Pro but in XP it runs fine except when I charge a destrukto disc full it crashes;/

Best answers
in your lblist.gam what is the win32 dll and linux .so set to?
Is adminmod/amx installed on your server/home machine. Is metamod installed in either machine?

if so do one of the following;
1) Change the dll entry to look like this: gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"
2) Upgrade Metamod/Adminmod with new mods comes new natives, and removed old natives, thus causing crashing.

Fix for your not being able to play until reboot;
When booted from the server your HL.exe is still running, and you can not support 2 programs running at once. press ctrl+alt+delete and end task on hl.exe, then try and play again. If that doesnt work it may be a setting in game or with your computer or in windows.

Best answers
Originally posted by X-iT_W0uN|)
ESF crashes when I run it in 2000 Pro but in XP it runs fine except when I charge a destrukto disc full it crashes;/
What type of hardware do you have...?
Have you messed with any settings in windows at all?
What drivers are installed for your hardware?
What version of directX are you currently running?
What programs are running in the background? (EX: Windows Instant Messanger..)

When was the last time you have had a technician look at your computer?
Does your computer make screeching or grinding sounds?

The check list goes on...
IM me here

Best answers
My esf won't work it will just go to the load up screen and go back to the desktop. This mod is good but it needs work on workin good on peoples comps.

Best answers
Yes, thats why its called a Beta. But try checking the logs. You should also reconsider reinstalling hl or redownloading esf 1.1 (make sure its full (the 110 megabyte one), not the 1.0-1.1 update).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have that prob too. the reason it doesnt let you play the game is because its already running even though it looks like your out of the game.

hit Ctrl Alt Del and see if hl.exe is running, if it is then close it then start the game.

-/\/\C

Best answers
my also makes some proplems.... but thads nothing my Comp is Always Crasy.... But it is really Nasty :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom