internet Game

Best answers
Yello, what ports do i need to forward in order to host internet games.

And this is not a dis but completely off subject. I just tried dmz and it sucks. the graphics are really bad, sounds, bad, and it has many many bugs. PLus there support is completly lacking. I posted a message about how to play the game, becasue there shortcut didnt work. And i took a day for someone to respond. I am just glad that esf has it together. Thanks guys!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
27005 and 27015 are the ports needed(any one is free to correct me)

And please no talk of how you feel about DMZ as it brings only flames and unfriendly competition that both developing teams neither want nor need.

Best answers
I know this is a noob question (i guess this thread is in noobie help), how exactly do you forward ports?

Best answers
you only need to if you connect to the internet through a router. Most broadand companys (msn, aol) dont allow you to forward ports though.

Best answers
ok, now i opened the ports, but it still doesnt work. I think the problem is that my computers ip is different then my internet ips, and when half life registers my server. it uses my server's ip not my net ip. so lets start all over. how to i host an online game. i am on dsl and have a router. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best answers
that was me in someone elses game. I want to host my own.

Best answers
Originally posted by songokussm
you only need to if you connect to the internet through a router. Most broadand companys (msn, aol) dont allow you to forward ports though.
I know that, thats why id like to know how.

Best answers
does anyone know?
suggestions, ideas, fav food. anything?

Best answers
I like any type of pasta best.
*picks up post and throws it back on topic*
If you go into Internet Explorer and type in a certain ip, and type in the password for your router, it gives you something, i think.

BTW, im not the one with a router, my friend is.

Best answers
that has abosolutly nothing to do with what i asked. maybe you should read before you post and maybe acually know what you are talking about before you post.

Now does anyone know how to have half life report my nets ip adderess instead of my servers ip adderess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom