Running slow

Best answers
hey all my comp isnt running esf right i have cable internet and 195,056 kbs of ram i was wondering if there was a reson that my comp lags it so bad and when ever someone joins my game it lags so bad that the get kicked please help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, whats your video card and your CPU (mhz/ghz) and your OS ?

Best answers
Well, whats your video card and your CPU (mhz/ghz) and your OS ?
in that order dont know the comps new were do i find my mhz/ghz and win 2000

Best answers
Right click on my computer, click "properties", and on the bottom right of the window that pops up you should see your specs. Chances are it's your processor thats causing lag.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it is your processor that is causing the fps loss, then you can always lower the resolution of Half-Life.
It will not look as good, but if the chop is unbearable in your current resolution, that will help the most.

Best answers
well heres what it says on the my comp thing

System:
Microsoft Windows 2000
Service pack 3

Registered to bla bla bla

Computer:
x86 Family 6 model 8 stepping
AT/AT COMPATIABLE
195,056 KB RAM
and i think i might have a legacy video card or reader

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try going into the customize menu in multiplayer and turning the various effects down or off. I think you may be having the same problem I did at first, but after I did what I mentioned above, it sped up a bit(we are talking about framerate here)

You hardly notice any graphical difference when turning the stuff off anyways

Best answers
hey guys thx but im starting to think this comps just a pice of crap iv done all the things you told me to do and to show you my problem my average fps in a room with just 3 people is about 5 at 4 its just dead and it does that alot

oh and is there any drivers i might beable to download that might help

Best answers
try pullin the cover off your computer, and looking to see what kind of video card you have, after youve done that go online to a search engine like google.com and search for drivers for that video card

Best answers
Originally posted by Myztkl-Kev
try pullin the cover off your computer, and looking to see what kind of video card you have, after youve done that go online to a search engine like google.com and search for drivers for that video card
How bout instead of removing the cover, he goes to the Display Control Panel (right click on desktop>Properties). After that goto setting and see what kind of card you have.

Also don't use software render with ESF Beta 1.1. To change this goto the HL Main menu>Options>Video>Video Modes (i think)>OpenGL or D3D [I Suggest OpenGL].\

Also, umm... welcome to the Forums ;D, pm a mod if someone is bothering you.

Best answers
its says i have a Intel Corporation 810 Graphics Controller Hub hey im looking into geting nividia and a pentium 3 or 4 it would realy help if someone could tell me how much there running for thx

Best answers
Dont make the mistake i got and get nvidia. If your hardcore, get a p4 2.53ghz and up comp with an ati 9700. If you bought a dell like this, it'd be from $900 - $1200 ($35 a month and up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom