N00BS:A Disturbing Trend?

Best answers
Lately I've noticed a disturbing trend. This deals with people either misinformed or not informed at all about ESF's melee system.

Lately I've been playing a server ran by the person with the handle "*~Kroc~*".

Every time we are attacking each other on a head-to-head on collision course, I win. Anyone who knows how the melee system works can understand why this happens.

This person then goes on to claim I am a hacker, or using some kind of cheat program. They repeatedly claim this everytime we play. When I mention that I am not cheating, I am called a liar. This person then goes on to try to kick me...they cannot even accomplish that, so this person just shuts his\her server down completely.

I mentioned that I would make him\her look like an idiot on these message boards, and this person laughed and claimed he\she was ranked in the top 10 on these boards.

This is only the most extreme example. This happens to me many times, on different servers playing with different people.

Does anyone else encounter this type of problem as often as I do? What can we do about this to make ESF a more enjoyable mod to play over the internet?

Best answers
This guy is a newbie alright, if he can't kick you.
Headons can be winned by having more energy and if this guy doesn't know it, he probably isn't even in the top 10.

God, got to love the bragging of newbies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, infact I got flamed majoly on a server today for the same thing. The people there were major n00bs so I just played it cool, charging up and swooping after they swoop at me, so naturally I won almost everytime (Cept for the silent kames that come from behind) and they went NUTS! "OMFG! Leave hacker! Go back to CS!" *Sighs* It's sad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey man, don't worry about it, most people here have experienced the same type of thing, just let them learn the hard way if they want to hassle you. But when you meet the curious player, help him out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Phatslugga
Hey man, don't worry about it, most people here have experienced the same type of thing, just let them learn the hard way if they want to hassle you. But when you meet the curious player, help him out.
Yeah well unfortunatly that doesn't work about 80% of the time. They're so stubborn they think it's a trick and don't believe you, I kinda gave up on trying to help a long time ago.

Best answers
I love it when they accuse me of scripting, even though I never do any kind of rapid teleporting anymore. Apart from rapid teleport, I don't really know how scripting can benefit you in ESF.

I just ignore them, or kill them again and flash a quick "eye wubs j00 <3" in chat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grrr some people make me want to explode.

"You're tele hacking!"
"Tele binder!"
"Scripting tele ***!!"
"Pants hacker!"

It's like just STFU already. Sometimes I feel like using mr. satans tele script and say, "no, THAT is using a script."

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
They're so stubborn they think it's a trick and don't believe you
Hehe, ain't that the truth... it's quite funny actually. They ask for help and when you do tell them how it's done, you get questionable responses. :]

Originally posted by Mr. Satan
I kinda gave up on trying to help a long time ago.
Same here, there just isnt point if all you hear is, well let me give an example of what has happened to me before =P:

*grOOvy has joined the server.

ESFn00b: hey how do you melee?
grOOvy: You target with mouse ... blah blah....
ESFn00b: come on tell me how do you melee?
grOOvy: I just told you how! Do ....blah blah....
ESFn00b: alright if you're not gonna help me, go somewhere else, someone tell me how to melee!!!!!!!
grOOvy: .... whatever!
ESFn00b: Ok tell me now how to melee...
grOOvy: For the last time: you .....blah blah.....
ESFn00b: But this can't be true, that's probably a cheat to kill me... stop lying and help me!
grOOvy: ...
ESFn00b: SOMEONE HELP ME ON HOW TO MELEE!!!!! ALL OF YOU ARE JERKS FOR NOT HELPING ME!!!!
grOOvy: Sigh, I'm outta here.

*grOOvy has left the server.

Best answers
Poor n00bs they will never learn well you know what they say
Ignorance is Bliss:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lmao, yeah sadly enough, i've seen instances like that. Sad world we live in these days :(. lol

Best answers
The problem is it's not just newbies who say things like that. I've played against plenty of arrogant players who were obviously very good and couldn't stand losing. I was dueling with a clan member not too long ago, who I remembered from 1.0. He was still a very quick and skillful player (low ping vs. my high ping), but he obviously didn't reliase that you need more ki to win the head-to-head battles. Instead he'd teleport about 5 times in a row towards me, and then attempt to swoop. After getting batted backwards a few times he starts crying BS and calling me a haxxor. Poor little kid.

There are also the 'veterans' who fully understand how the melee system works, and yet they still can't hack losing every now and again, especially if the other player has a ping far in excess of their own.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cell killed Player with Melee
Player : Wtf I had more pl than you!!!11
Cell : 1.1 isnt based on pl, its based on ki.
Player : pl is ki noob!!
Cell : No its not.
Cell killed Player with Melee
Player : WTF I HADMORD PL AND KI THAN YOU HACKOR
Cell : I guess not.
Player : You hacked so you win every time!! HAXOR NOOB!!11
Cell : Go read the manual
Player : ive red the manual 1000 times and it says ki is pl noob
Cell : Go read the REAL manual
Cell killer Player with Melee
Player : ur such a n00b im going to ban you from this server you haxor
Cell : Go ahead, I have tons of people who know I dont hack.
Player : Sure... what ever hackor Im banning you!111
Cell : Go on :).

Best answers
lol man mines are worse.

ESF(1)Noob: Stop laming me with melee..
Shin: What is this "melee"
ESF(1)Noob: Stop you hacker use some ki in a while.
Shin: What is this "ki"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite is this:
N00B: how u melee?
PRIDE: Read the ****ing manual
N00B: were is it
PRIDE: the same place on the start menu where the shortcut for the game is
N00B: i dont have the manual
PRIDE: then get it from esforces.com
N00B: lol omg i don wnana read?!?!!!!!111?!?!11?!
PRIDE: It's animated, you don't have to read.
N00B: i readed it b4 wa s2 complicated 4 me
PRIDE: I said, IT'S ANIMATED. ****.
**Vote to Kick SaiyanPrideXIX**
**Vote Failed**
N00B: stfu noob

Too many ****ing people don't read the god damn manual and that's just the plain truth. I read it before I touched the game and I loved the game subsequently--people who don't get beat around helplessly for ten minutes, DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY CAN STOP THEMSELVES FROM HITTING WALLS AND BEING HELPLESSLY KNOCKED OUT, and then go "omg this is lame" and never play again.

I feel no remorse when I hunt down and DESTROY these noobalicious jerks whot ry to lie to me about having read the manual. Hell, they make it obvious enough when they fly at you and then stop short in front of you without hitting you....

Damn kids.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh I read the manual before I played for the first time. I suggest everyone does, because it makes it easier on yourself.

Best answers
that's about all of my experiences...

This one Kroc dude was just insane though...type 'lmao hack program' every SINGLE time i batted him away...calling me a newbie...I mean come on. And this guy was, like certain players previously described, a very good player. It's a shame.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first time I read the manual for some reason it came off to me that i had to tap secondary button in order to hit someone... Imagine how hard it is to time that with an acended krillin...

On the subject of more and more noobs... After seeing a link on fileplanet for esf I was't suprised that all the servers have been flooded by people asking how and why. Unfortunantly serverdoc crashes after a while on my server and it wasn't up for the weekend but before that I got a taste at just how serious it is. Mr. Satan can testify to people just whining and complaining and also to the fact that its going to be cut down in my server. People just complaining and complaining... "STOP DOUBLE TEAMING"= "it doesn't matter if I attack you while I was already in a fight with someone else. Your not supposed to fight back". You also have to figure that the veterans of this game are mostly 16-24 or 13-16 years old on the intelligent side. They did some work looking around for mods or for a dbz mod imparticular. It seems like EVERYONE playing 1.1 are kids 12 year olds that saw it on fileplanet and don't understand the concept of just playing a game let alone learning how too. They don't seem to pick up on things very fast or there just obnoxious and feel the need to say f this, f that, and y0 m4m4 15 4 h4x0r. To be truthful.... If you like this mod then your going to have to deal with the idiots, little kids, and script kiddies (devil) that have no idea how much fun a good game can be.

Best answers
Eh heh... well I'm a noob.o_o I'm learning though. I do get aggravated at the game... so I can understand people getting mad at melee. It's really hard, and I'm just now starting to have a chance of hitting with it! But yea some people over-react. If I see someone hacking that makes it even funner! But if I didn't like it I'd just go to another game... still though, I'm willing to learn! Like, can anyone tell me the best way to gain pl without the dragonballs?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noobs are ok in the ones adn twos, but when there a WHOLE CLAN made of them I get worried *cough* AD clan *cough*

I single handedly Beat them down to smithers and they blame cheats and hacks. If they seriousally made some kind of Hazard Course, it would be nice.
That way tehy can show you to eat sensu beans when yorue life is low and learn teh basics of melee.

This jsut might be fixed in 1.2.
*prays for a fast (non-buggy)release*
*dreams of a world for no hacking*

Best answers
lol yea i know... once i was playing against this one guy as trunks, right?

Well, it goes like this...

*Esfn00b(3) has joined the game
Esfn00b: Hey...
Esfn00b(1) kills Sephiroth with finalflash
Sephiroth kills Esfn00b(3) with sword (this was an instagib)
*Esfn00b(3) has left the game)
Esfn00b: WTF HOW DID YUO KILL HIM THA TQUICK?!!!
Sephiroth: Sword has a 10% chance of gibbing... go RTFM...
Esfn00b: No way i don't believe you HACKER GO THE F*** AWAY!!
Sephiroth: Go into character change and look at trunks' info.
Esfn00b: This has to be some trick to hack me right? I'm gonna ban j00!
Sephiroth changes his name to §ephirÖt|-|
§ephirÖt|-|: Go ahead.
Esfn00b: WTF U R A HACKER!
§ephirÖt|-|: No, i just did this to annoy you.
Esfn00b: You piece of ****
*Host_EndGame: Server Disconnected

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom