hosting a esf game?

Best answers
hey i posted this is the newbie forum but no one new, so i am posting it here. How do i host a esf game when half-life reports my ip as my computers ips and not my net ip?
By the way i am on broadband and running a router.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to host an internet game and make sure you router is allowing halflife to access the internet. Your external ip will show up to others and I'm pretty sure you can view your external ips through you router.

Best answers
yes scorcher2k is right you will need to setup your routor to give access the halflife to the net its about the firewall.. set your ips and you will be fine or unplug you routor and plug direct to your computer from the wall and set the ip address and will be fine :)

Best answers
ok its called reading left to right and top to bottom. I am sorry but people not understanding my qwestions is quite agrovating. Now If you would have read my post it says that half life is reporting the wrong ip adderess. Which means half life has access to the internet becuase i play internet games every day. But when i host games half life reports my internal ip adderss (my computer), which has nothing to do with my external ip adderss (net's ip). So now again is there a way to have half life report my external ip adderess not my interal because currently it does not.

Best answers
HL will always report your internal IP.

You need to setup YOUR machine as the DMZ on your router, that will allow all the necessary ports to access YOUR computer from the outside.

Then you give your friends your OUTSIDE IP, the router will do the NAT translation and connect them to your INSIDE IP.

We are reading left to right, no need to get insulting to the people that are trying to help you.

Best answers
I have all of what you said currently done, but my freinds were unable to connect. I will figure it out on my own. thanks for the comments. And sorry about the insult that was ment for the newbie section. Wont happen again.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, just because I didn't go indepth for you doens't make ME the newbie. I said the same thing mars said only in less detail. There's no reason to flame me for helping you.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what I read lol. Nevermind me, it was a late night post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom