Should there be a hyper mode

• Add hyper mode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep it the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
If all of u are fans of the Dbz show, youll notice that theyll be meleeing so fast, its just blurs. Would the creators of ESF ever consider a mode where two peeps using melee go head to head at the same time that they enter a super fast state? Its one thing i feel the games been missing. Plz do me a favor and tell me what u think. Dont forget about the POLL.

Best answers
Are you reffering to a hyper mode somewhat similar to that of DBZ: Bodakai because thats what it sounds as if your describing but I highly doubt they would ever put a ''hyper mode'' into the game.

Best answers
tahts exactly what im talkin about ESF addict. I think its a crucial part to DBZ, but i agree it would be hard to fit into ESF, but i atleast think they should give it a shot.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team already has extensive plans for melee but none of those plans are/ can be released at this time. So dont even both asking what advance melee is about :p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think they should. It doesn't fit into this game at all. I'm sorry for being so short but with the new melee system coming out in 1.2 you'll just have to wait and see. Also this is just leading to another thread of speculation as to how you would do such a thing. Its a whole new fusion thread.

Best answers
He's Right the new melee system probly will incorperate something to that effect so you'll just have to wait and see.

Best answers
think about how hard this idea would be to code, dont think theywill ever put that in.... but ya never know with this mod

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also why don't you consider the intelligence of the team. It's not like they've never watched it before. It's not like they've never thought about putting in super speedy blurry fighting (and hell, they might, who knows?) I mean they're not so stupid that they need people to come in and give them ideas about simple things that are in EVERY fight scene in the series, that they could never possibly miss, I mean how stupid do you think they are?

"Oh yeah. You should have more transformations. Because they transform more in DBZ."

"Oh yeah. You should have more characters. Since there's more characters in DBZ."

"Oh yeah. You should have fusion. Since there's fusion in DBZ."

"Oh yeah. You should have really fast melee fights. Since that's in DBZ."

Wow. Really? No ****. Thank god all these smart people are here, since the team has obviously never watched DBZ, ever, despite the fact that they made this game, right?

I realize there are some intelligent posts which have actual ideas about the feasability of a certain added character(s), or how they could implement fusion, or a new move, or fast fighting, but just saying "You should have it" has to be one of the dumbest things you can do. Just think about it.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hitokiri

"Oh yeah. You should have more transformations. Because they transform more in DBZ."

"Oh yeah. You should have more characters. Since there's more characters in DBZ."

"Oh yeah. You should have fusion. Since there's fusion in DBZ."

"Oh yeah. You should have really fast melee fights. Since that's in DBZ."

wow never thought of that damn man u smart... why don't u post this in the suggestion forum? :\

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea...i was hoping be4 that they would do something like that. When someone swoops at another guy whos blocking, the attacker would go into a series of punching and kicking whil the blocker goes into a series of blocking and dodging. And if the attacker is winning...he'll start beating up the blocker. And if the blocker is winning, he'll end it with a power kick to the stomach. But they said they'll never do it so i never asked.....

Best answers
not sure this is a possible thing to do, cause then there would have to be some really hard coding going on.
its like once someone saiys ok im going hypermode, what happens to that guy when hes waiting?
does a limit bar appear on how many seconds they can last in hyper mode?
what will the scenery look like in the process.
hmm hyper mode sound like a great addition, but i highly doubt theyll add it.

remember, 2 things also tho:
1) once somethings added there is almost a 99% chance of it having bugs and just getting it taken out.
2) its easier to say it, then to code it.

also this belongs in suggestions

Best answers
Beta 1.2 will have "melee struggles" and I think thats a good substitute for "hyper mode", and anyway, tehre would be a huge loss of fps (unlesss you are on a supercomputer) because of the animation and probobl;y allt he effdects the hl engine cant take. Just hold on till 1.2, I sure as hell am :)

Oh Oh Oh, I forgot about the PS
/me smacks Noodler in the head!
Privet, ya rad chto na boarde yest eche odin Russkiy :tired:

Best answers
off-topic: hey,hey,hey no need for that |X|trem[3] dont go around smakin people on the heads OR THEY MIGHT SMACK YOU BACK j/k:]

on-topic: still think this idea is way to hard to code, just be happy with what ya got in 1.1 and up and coming 1.2 ( repeating what everyone else said, meh.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wanted to tell everyone that the term I believe that refers to this type of "hyper-mode" or "blast zone" fighting is called "flash flighting." At least, that is the term I've heard batted around the most for it.

Carry on. hehe.

Best answers
in the cartoons, "flash-fighting" occured when players were moving too fast for the onlookers to keep up. In ESF, if two slow people decide to flash-fight, high PL people would still be able to see. So there is a lot of factors that define exactly how "fast" players would be fighting.

I think this is not possible to make. The reason being that it is like the bullet-time mode in Max Payne. It was doable in Singleplayer mode, but not multiplayer. And YES you can make a bullettime mode in multiplayer games (q2max has a variable you can set and toggle on/off in game that emulates the feel of Max Payne's bullet-time mode) but you can't do this when there are 8 players on a server and it is only meant to affect 2 players. Flashfighting would be the opposite of bullet-time (the game speeds up instead of slows down) so I can only say it would not be possible without EXTENSIVE coding. It might not even be possible to do with HalfLife.

Let's just wait to see what hars and joe pull out of their arses... it's bound to be good ****!

Best answers
then put it in the 1 on 1 mode/duel mode. that might be worth a try! I've heard about the esf team, putting in a sort of 1on1, 1on2 mode and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom