Teleport After Image ??

Best answers
well despite the great idea of having this for a trail affect, but dont you think that the servers will lagg more?
There are also some people that have teleport bound to a key 6 times like a newb.
Also there are more people that have bound this to a mouse wheel.

i think that for the trail of the teleporting image, they only show up every 2 seconds once you hit teleport, or it might cause some server crashes or lagg issues.

Before ive been this kinda of stuff where a player would lagg out in s2k_greattournament in 1.0 that the player would show up as what looks like the trail image of the teleport thing, but instead just standing there, even after the player has left.
Ive failed to see this happen in 1.1 so far, but just think of adding a cvar for the trails to turn them off or another cvar to tell in seconds when to do it.

other wise, Great!

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually it runs quite nicely but I am sure that there will be a way to turn it off.

Best answers
maybe a max amout of trails, like only 2 or 3 can be left but a player at a time. that would cut down any fps loss caused by over teleporting.

Best answers
There are also some people that have teleport bound to a key 6 times like a newb.
Also there are more people that have bound this to a mouse wheel.
Whats wrong with that? and how does it make them a newb?
I dont do it but i bind certain keys to do certain things(hint to those who wonders how i do things). Yes its a shortcut of not having to tap or scrolling up/down but arent everything shortcuts now a days?

Anyways i do agree about after images appearing once in a while and not everytime you teleport cuz if your the type who does a lot of teleporting wouldnt that cause a spam of after images all over the map? Unless i missed the part about after images having short time durations b4 they disapear.

Best answers
It runs the exact same, only it looks much smoother than seeing those ugly little 'particles'...

I just wish the upperbody would be fixed now. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's wrong with upperbody in 1.2? You mean same old or something else?

Best answers
Basically an after image is an alpha'd image of how your body was posing before the teleport.

But only the bottom half works, the upper body, waste and up, is just a plane ol' idle appearance.

Best answers
After image sounds cool to me....and the screenies are nice, but as stated, I hope that it wont cause many lag issues. Heh....afterimages, just like in the original dragonball....I liked how that looked. Wish I were as l33t as the ESF team lol. Nice job guys :yes: :shocked: ;D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this would make a big lag but it would be cool if you could use the after image teleport to do that phantom trick that goku uses un DB
(telepoting fast around a enemy so he only sees images)

V'

Best answers
Well I dont want to be a ****, but he really didn't teleport. He moved so fast that his image was left behind. Think of it almost like in the Warner Brother cartoons where the roadrunner moves so fast that all that is left is the dust of his body.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i know that but it would be cool!
I mean if you can do it good you can really confuse the enemy!

Best answers
Omg the after image tech is great i remember when Piccolo-san used it on Junanigou ( Android 17, and yes i like jap dbz) It was great he did a clothesline did the tech came back and SLEEP ( not wam SLEEP) he hit him. Another after image is wait i forgot lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom