Omg im pissed

Best answers
Why the **** my game crash for no reason i mean devil wasnt in there, my game is set to opengl, and I was about to go ssj, what the hell.

Best answers
sometimes the server just chrashes because maybe the server computer chrashes or something......and then you can also chrash!!that's all!!

What specs do you have cuz maybe it is another problem!

Best answers
Yeah I get random desktop crashes too. It sucks, and I have already posted in the bug forums, but I don't think this is gonna get fixed any time soon. Hard to fix a bug that seems to be random Im guessing.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I can tell, it varries between computers. For instance, on an older computer I had, Half-Life crashed that way more than a number of times with 1.0. However, when I got a newer computer, it barely ever (if not at all) has crashed while running either 1.0 or 1.1. Hence, it may be a harder issue to tackle than other "bugs" that show up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, I noticed that I crashed to desktop about five times in the last week, when beforehand it had NEVER HAPPENED. Then I ran adaware and spybot and I found like 20 things other than IE files and a backdoor, which was probably sending packets out. I removed all of them and I haven't had a CTD since. Coincidence?

Best answers
And also, WindowsXP Service pack 1 causes conflict with HL/CS/ESF/DOD etc., so it'll crash within 5 mins of the game.

This has happend to me several times so I had to remove SP1.

Best answers
wow geez, i was in the middle of downloading that service pack, man thanx you saved me a huge amount of headache.

Best answers
i got the same problem when i´m gaming in a serv i get blasted 2 my desktop and esf has being shut down

Best answers
Interesting, I've had SP1 since it came out, I've had no problems, run Norton regularly (once a week) defrag about once a month, and run Spybot every now and then. The only thing that can be a ***** to me that has to do with Half life is the console, it dosnt wanna stay binded to ~ lol, the HL thing on XP could also be something having to do with XP and HL on the same drives, because my XP is on C and HL on H, so that may be why I dont crash, but who knows.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
THAT IS PROPER **** MYNE CEASHS ANALL!! PROPER **** I TELLYOU

Best answers
hahaha i guess you watch bo selecta :-D that program rules.

on topic, i don't have XP so i don't have to worry about that stuff :p

Best answers
offtopic: Yata, i'm getting tired looking at your every post, can't u type a single line without cursing?

ontopic: when i ran on XP all worked fine, now i'm on 2000 and it still does work propperly, ok somtimes my computer locks... but hey that is natural.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention his spam isn't tollerated anymore, knock it off, or face the consequences.

Best answers
yeh the NeTsend error only occurs with XP with SP1 installed
seldom does it occur when runnign original XP

well i run XP, Mandrake Linux and 98SE Undermulti boot :D

Best answers
OOC: yata,yata,yata.. quiet you!! :p

On-Topic: here's a tip.. do NOT use XP when playing esf, in fact, ANY GAME. It's mainly for business purposes only.

Best answers
Ahem, may I spoil your fun?
But ESF runs like a well oiled machine on XP.
I never had any problems, except for the lame dog on the search section that pisses me off. :D
I hate that dog!

XP should only be chosen if you have a fast computer, if you do, you will experience some 'good' Windows quality.
:rolleyes:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have to agree with Gold Saiyan here, XP is designed to run games better. The only problem is you need a fast machine to pull the phun out. I run XP Pro and it runs like a champ.

And there is a way to kill that dog, I can supply the registry hack that returns it to Win2k search if you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom