What is Scripting?! -fill me in

Best answers
I get called Scripter if not hacker by some people.
Can some1 tell me what a script is, what it does etc?
Arent scripts the .cfg files you place in your HL/mods folders and then you execute them in-game?

If not then fill me in cuz i always thought they were just mere .cfg files but im hearing all these other stuff like client sided stuff and codes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most ignorant people think scripting = cheating no matter what.

And alot of ESF morons call people "script cheaters" when they teleport alot real fast and cover a long distance because of my script pack which out of many helpful and useful scripts I have a teleport script which teleports the user a far distance using up ALL of their ki so it only helps when running away from blasts n stuff. It is NOT considered a cheat (or else I wouldn't be a moderator and I would not have my script pack topic up).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Master Asia
Undefeated of the East

Are you that guy I saw? Either that or Devil was using the name "Undefeated of the East" because you sure as hell never died, beans be damned, nobody can survive that much.

Plus im 90% sure he had an aimbot, he reminded me of fighting the 1.1 bots on best mode

WONID was 1692877

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no AIMBOT for ESF, even if there were id't be utterly useless.

I've been accused twice of using "aimbot." Try setting your sensitivity to 20+ and mouse filter on (m_filter 1)

Best answers
Scripting is basically a way of executing a series of commands inhumanly fast with the press of a button. Not cheating per say, but it does give an advantage in some situations. ESF does a really nice job of eliminating opportunities for script abuse though, that's something.

Yes GMan I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I fight Asia all the time, sometimes I can knock him around and sometimes he will just pull some stuff out of his ass that makes me go "huh?" Some things he does are aimbot-ish, but then again sometimes I will pull a stunt and think to myself, "that was aimbot-ish."

Hard to say, I guess the only way to spot aimbotters reliably is when they implement first person spectator mode.

Best answers
there is no public aimbot for esf but some1 can easily make a simple external color trackign aimbot seing as the playes allready have the red triangles above their heads to track.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
There's no AIMBOT for ESF, even if there were id't be utterly useless.
Heh, there sure is buddy ;x and it's not useless if they have high sens.

Listen, if this random guy from a server .. who DOESN'T DIE.. can hit me better than nightshade could around a corner..

Best answers
For example, Ive made my own script pack wich includes many features, including my favorite, break dancing. This is in no way cheating, but you could not move like the character does by yourself.

Best answers
I dont make .cfg files or scripts but i have binded several keys to do several things as said b4.

GMan, i havent used "Undefeated of the East" as a player name, just Master Asia and Unlimited.

Also under my sig is my wonid, i put it there for a reason.

Ive seen the player Undefeated of the East, and im sure it was Devil and not myself. In reality check server where ive seen him more times than once where he was spectator and was in form2 already. Tons of other players + myself was pounding him down hard to the ground but he doesnt seem to die? I dont know whether he had like 30 beans or what but he wasnt dying at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only way devil can die on bean maps is through a huge ass beam, or a combo of huge ass beams before he can heal himself. I think he has unlimited beans or beans that put him to like 500 HP each. Theoretically possible, I suppose.

Best answers
Originally posted by Ramcio
Hey is ur script pack up for downloading?
Im not tryin to be wanna-be-mod here, but pm me for stuff like that. BTW, im still testing it and adding features, but im gonna release it soon (still nothing compared to Mr. Satan's)

Best answers
but aim bot is useless in esf, and skripting is just to be able to do things faster than normal. but not all are bad, some are funny.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only use I would see for an aimbot, is while locked on in melee, that way their character is always centred on your screen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The purpose of my script pack is to mainly reduce lag and increase FPS and to make ping and fps monitoring easier. I also have stuff like afk-script so you can just press a button so people'll know your AFK and in-game volume control, but some people have a hard time seeing around the teleport script.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The teleport script you've made, Mr. Satan, isn't so bad because it doesn't work well offensively.

Master Asia, I fought him two nights ago, and he admitted to using bound teleport movements. THe thing is a good enough scripter can make, in one button, three teleports (one to the left, one forward, one to the right again), and I'm reasonably certain there is probably a way to rotate your character 180 degrees or so in the same fell swoop.

This is the type of thing it appeared like the Master Asia I fought was using, because when I fought him in a corner he couldn't beat me, and complained "damn my buttons don't work" and proudly said in not so many words, "yep these are binds" sometime beforehand.

It IS an annoying advantage and I hope that scripting is SEVERELY limited in Half-Life 2 to not include multiple keystrokes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's definatly possible, I have made a 180 degree script, not very usefull cuz its slow.

Best answers
yea well i got mr.satan's pack awhile ago then i started testing switches then and mr.satn's script is not cheating cuz its just lots o tele's and it uses so much ki that u can braly fly or hit some one. btw u prob could be the teles real fast without a script it just help i like his pack so ha

Best answers
I don't see why people consider scripts as cheats. I have a friend like that and he basically would refuse to play if I used them. The scripts that most people use are simply many commands bound to one key....such as the multiple teleport, or the ascend/descend button. My friend would get pissed when I used buy scripts in counter-strike...but most other people use them so I figure why not? And I only recall using one script that I did NOT make myself for CS, which was the RZE Easy buyscript or whatever....anyway, back on ESF, scripts are, for the most pat, NOT cheats. As I said above, they are mostly used for binding multiple commands to one key. It is simply a more advanced "bind" command, used with aliases. Therefor, people who sit around a server and call others "script hackers" are most likely pissed off cuz they can't win. All they have to do is download Mr. Satan's script pack and they could do the same. Or, they could do like I did, and make my own. It's really pretty simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom