esf do's and donts

Best answers
feel free to add to the list

Melee:

Donts: 1.) do not swoop at somone waiting for you do swoop, you'll just get cranked
2.) do not swoop with low ki
3.) don't block and then attempt to hit somone, they maay have teleported back to hit you
4.) do not try to hit somone on the ground with a fully charged sbc and running (swoop)
5.) do not fight with low ki

dos: teleport backwards to face an opponent coming from behind you, then attack
( pending)

IF you hit somone blocking, teleport backwards then swoop

teleport fast into people waiting for you and strike

hit people on the ground quickly, so they go upwards

keep a hi KI

Beam:

DO: stay on the ground , jump and launch beams at people doing a bad dont

lauch beams at people on the ground

thats all i can think of now, please feel free to add to the do's and donts of esf.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do kill the bad guys.
Don't die.
Don't try and kill your team mates (it doesn't work).

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't stand still in any one place for too long. This holds true for a lot of FPS unless camping is a good tactic. Guess I should have said in the open.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stay away if you can't win. :devsmile:

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't type in the open, the complain and say I WAS TYPING when you die.

Best answers
Dont start whinning and say

You hacker!!
Screw Off man Im new (then practice on ur own in a lan game with bots)

Best answers
DO:

- Realize when you are going to lose in a head on and cancel your swoop and teleport to the side.
- Take advantage of people shooting a beam and are too dumb to detonate it. (Swoop and melee their arse)
- Try something different if someone you are 1 on 1 with keeps ()wning your arse with melee. Try getting far enough away to do a quick ki power up and then generic beam them as they swoop at you. It will knock them out of the sky.
- Use TURBO mode. It increases your PL so you have more Ki.
- Try to have massive power struggles. They are hella fun.

Best answers
And the number one don't is: DON'T PLAY GROOVY IF YOU VALUE YOUR DIGNITY!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol -- Especially not on my server (gr00vy is an admin there :) )

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
do use beams to jump off your op or surrounding terrain... do take advantage of your pl transfer level...
do use all your attacks if nesecary... ( they wouldnt make teh attacks if they didnt want you to use em)...
do consume beans.... (dont get caught with your pants down tho... be eating one while someones coming after you or beam)
do have fun...
do drop fly when your about to get in a ps... (leaving yourself on the ground recharging your ki)
do listen to fast beat music and melee : ) ... do vary your attacks...
dont use one strat....
dont complain (if you get owned it just shows taht there is room for improvement)
dont talk **** about the admins.... (haha if you do)
dont ask to be in clans
dont rely on one form of attacking
dont rely on the ki advantage for everything
dont rely on blocking it cuts out when you dont have the ki or they come at a direction
dont swooop at someone taht is charging (they prolly be doing the melee advantage tactic)
DO USE THE CANDY ATTACK WITH BUU!!!! DOUGHNUTS FOR YOU!!! cookies if your hp has took a cut.

Best answers
Chronos's DO'S and DONT'S (For Fun And Profit)
General
Donts:
(1) dont use krillen (he's ****, my opinion)
(2) Dont vs 6 bots with high melee%
(3)DONT play in foren servers with 56K (u ppl know who u r !!!!!!)
(4)DONT interfear with a dule (u ppl also know who u r!!!)
(5)DONT beam jump all over the map (ok its fun but very annoying)

DO's
(1) DO Fight to Win
(2) DO Fight fairly

Melee
DONTS
(1) DONT proclaim to b the best at meleeing if ur in a server and ur pings the lowest
(2)Dont stand over a person after u hit a player to the ground(ull find 7 times out of 10 ull get hit)

Do's
(1) Do Practice ur combos (my current best is 5 melee hits in esf_cellday)
(2) DO (ALWAYS) teleport after meleeing some1 who is blocking
(3) Do teleport twards a player afters hitting a player forward (and remember to hold secondary attack) to increace chance of second and third hit in a melee combo situation

Beams
Dont's
(1)Dont charge beam fully in the event ur gonna b in a ps with a higher lvl player (ull find ull need all the ki u can get and if ur lucky and have enof room u may win)
(2)Dont try to beam jump with a final flash (learned that the hard way)
(3) Dont try and type while on the recieving end of a beam struggle (ull find in whatever ur gonna type its gonna require the key/finger that ur using to block with)

Do's
(1) Do Beam jump's when beams such as finalflash of big bang attack is heading in ur general direction
(2) Do anticipate other players movement when shooting beans (shoot a few rest beams to check what direcrtion or action they will take when being fired apon then let them have it with a fully charged beam)
(3) Do intentally miss a target in order to bring beam back from behind( requires high level of skill or a sh!t load of luck)
(4)Do detonate beams when mulibul beams or disc attack is commin ur way (alas my only weakness)

DO's and Dont's that P!ss me Off

PPL that do:
Spam
comlpain
say inane comments about other ppls skills
ask me "how do i melee" or "im a noob teach me how to ...."

PPL that dont:
play fair
play at all
have dsl or faster connection (not baggin any1 just hate when ppl lets say from overseas join my server with a 56k modem even knowing my servers is called "AUZZIE Chronos" i mean come'on ppl u have to know its gonna b laggy as hell)
like melee (i hate it when ppl say "plz dont melee me i dont knopw how" dammit learn PPL!)

umm... well thats all from me 4 now!! ill poast again later = )

Best answers
#1-Don't hit someone than start transforming thinking the preson will not get revenge. #2 Don't constantly say someone is hacking or cheating because you are getting stomped by them. #3 Do relax when you fight. #4 play kewl music

Best answers
ok my does, and don't's

DO: REad the freaking manual
DO: Practise at melee
Do: try all chars

DONT: come in to a clan server when ur a n00b (u'll get banned or owned) (banned in my case)
DONT: play before u read the manual
DONT: say ur gonna read the mamual and stay on the server u'll get kicked...

Best answers
do: seek out better opponents than you, whuping newbies continuously wont make you any better. leave them unless they attack you.
do: vary the character you use, if you find things too easy with one charater, try someone else for a change
do: acept that there are people out there that are better than you and people that will have natural advantages over you. use these encounters to better your tactics.
do: use the generic beam. if you thought the kame or FF had potential you havnt seen these guys get serious.
do: try to keep the teams balanced

dont: abuse admin if you have it just because someone beats you
dont: gloat if you kill someone a lot better than you. and never ever ever EVER say something like "I Win" at the end of a round
dont: accuse someone of cheating just because they beat you every time
dont: impersonate someone else or claim to know someone on the dev team if you dont, you'll just look foolish.

Best answers
do: learn to be better.
do: dont be mad when you lose.
do: if the person you lost to wants to teatch you, dont flame them.
do: shoot a fully charged final flash or sb into a melee duel for kicks:D

Dont: be an ass and flame a person that just wopped you.
dont: lagg lol
big time dont: do not eat pie while playing, it just messes up your keyboard......:\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
turbo increases your pl and u can always recharge...turbo is REALLY useful try PSing or BSing without turbo on

Best answers
I bed to differ... I try to constantly use Turbo while I am swooping for a chance to do more damage. I am sure people would agree with me there

-DS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom