Got a Problem, HELP!!

Best answers
Yo! when i go on LAN, WON, or anything else, it stops, and tells me, Cannot get IPX socket name reason: WASAEANSTOCK or something please help, i appreciate it!

Best answers
it always says that i believe
does it kick you off the loading screen or does a message pop up saying that?
if it doesnt then just wait. It might just be loading the game

Best answers
Oh yeah, and it freezes up and i have to restart it, and it screws up my computer more than it already is!

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26078

One thread was enough... As far as I know, not being able to get the IPX socket name isn't a 'fatal error' and you can still play esf with that error and that doesn't stop anything.

If it stops (crashes), it 'might' be because of something else. When a game pauses/crashes/hangs in the connecting... screen, it can be due to a number of things.

Do you have the latest gfx drivers for your card installed? Are you using OpenGL with a stable resolution?

Best answers
It wont let me play!!! I have not been able to play ESF because of this stupid reason!!!!!! I am so frusterated!!!! AGHHHHHHHH!!!!! SUPERSAIYAN 99999

Best answers
are you even reading what we are telling you ?
We gave you some plausible solutions to your problems.
Try them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's what you do. Right click your ESF shortcut, click properties, and in the TARGET: line, add -noipx

FULL Command Line Example~ C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ESF -console -nojoy -noipx -numericpings

Best answers
nope it wont let me play at all, sorry about the multi-thread thing, get a little pissed.... About the gfx thing, i probably dont how do i get it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey Red, lay off the crack, you reply way to fast.

Anyways did you try what I said?

Here's what you do. Right click your ESF shortcut, click properties, and in the TARGET: line, add -noipx

FULL Command Line Example~ C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game ESF -console -nojoy -noipx -numericpings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom