This vs. DMZ

Best answers
I just bought HL and should i dl this dbz mod or the dragonmodz?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tamarisk said:
Well, this is the ESF message board, so 90% of your answer will be ESF. . . if you did the same over there it'll be DMZ. It's all up to how you like to play, both games are unique experiences. I'd dl both and see which you like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My opinion: ESF is better

And if you'd go over to http://www.moddb.com and look at the top listings, you'd see that ESF is officially ranked higher than DMZ :rolleyes:

Best answers
if you like blowing stuff up high speeds and great maps and no combos then you have to download esf. if you like beam combos (alot of special keys to shoot a beam) and a somewhat lesser developed game you but with brolli you should download dmz!!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind that anyone flaming DMZ will get this thread shut down faster than you can say melee spam.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
^_^ heh.. the only thing whats different that my Fps is better in dmz then in esf :)

Best answers
Tamarisk said:
why not get both? i dont why not unless you have limited harddrive space or on a dialup. if so, then you should go by ur preference in gameplay like the ppl above me posted

Best answers
Here's a nice little list of pros and cons for both (sorry if i repeat anything mentioned above)
ESF
PROS:
  • Higher quality graphics
  • More people playing
  • Capture the dragonballs
  • The team is always at work
  • More stable than dmz
CONS:
  • Everything is based on "point and click" (can be either pro or con)
  • Laggier on slower systems and bad connections

DMZ
PROS:
  • Runs much faster on slower systems
  • Based on arcade style fighting, every beam is done by a combination
  • Broli
CONS:
  • Primative melee
  • Dragonball mode is based on capture the flag and has no dragon
So whats your choice? And dont trust me, try both for yourself.

Best answers
Well it really doesnt matter like Cucumba said u can dl either one but 90% will be esf. I like dmz and i like ESF. Im looking foward to the Dmz 1.8 and the ESF 1.2. But thats just me. U can dl either one. :D :yes:

Best answers
i say esf b\c i tryed dmz a long time ago and they said they whould update it and still now 1.8 and the models suck balls

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay here's the skinny: DMZ & ESF = Both teh r0x0r! BUT ESF is alot more stable and more fast paced right now, but when DMZ v1.8b is released DMZ will be worth playing again so then ya can play ESF & DMZ w00t. I left DMZ when ESF v1.0b came out cuz I got so sick and tired of the bugs in v1.7b of DMZ but I still like the game.

Best answers
same here i left dmz cuz of 2 many bug and left when 1.0b came out but i keep waiting for 1.8 2 come out they said "o a few weeks.."its been like a year. geeze

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is because there team is too lazy and they don't seem to work 24/7 on it or just don't care about it.

Best answers
How can you call the team lazy.. the ammount of work they have done is amazing, not to mention the fact they don't get payed a penny. Most mods die out in their first year.. i've been on a few mod projects and I know how hard the work is, so don't call them lazy..

As for ESF vs DMZ.. ESF has great models, great features, better support, larger community and is less buggy but DMZ is getting ALOT better and will give ESF a run for it's.. well.. invisible money.

Best answers
But it will really just depend on the player's preference. Melee, beams, gameplay style, etc., will always be differed between these 2 mods. It just depends on the user.

Best answers
Indeed. Some users who think ESF sucks love DMZ.. and vice versa, it all just depends on what you like and how you like it ;)

Best answers
I don't really care for DMZ much...it's special move method is too Street Fighter-ish, bad for a keyboard. Visuals are pretty good, not as good as ESF's. The scale is also smaller; ESF's maps and attacks seem much bigger and more powerful in comparison. DMZ's melee is more involved than ESF's, but movment in ESF is much easier, ESPECIALLY teleporting(don't get me started on thier Zanzoken mode).

DMZ is still a good mod, and I think once they get 1.8 out the door it will be much stronger, but if you were to download one or the other grab ESF.

Best answers
I would have to say ESF because it's english and DMZ is japanese,and it's 30 mbs, I mean what can u get for that much, and esf is 140 mbs u can get alot with that.
ESF,ESF,ESF,ESF,ESF,ESF,ESF,ESF,ESF,ESF,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
I don't really care for DMZ much...it's special move method is too Street Fighter-ish, bad for a keyboard. Visuals are pretty good, not as good as ESF's. The scale is also smaller; ESF's maps and attacks seem much bigger and more powerful in comparison. DMZ's melee is more involved than ESF's, but movment in ESF is much easier, ESPECIALLY teleporting(don't get me started on thier Zanzoken mode).

DMZ is still a good mod, and I think once they get 1.8 out the door it will be much stronger, but if you were to download one or the other grab ESF.

ESF's maps only seem bigger, but are infact about the same size as the DMZ maps, it only looks larger due to the model scale down ESF did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom