Client.dll Problem in ESF 2.0

Best answers
Well i had this problem and someone on one of the forums said it had something to do with FMOD.dll so i loaded a few patch files and checked versions etc..

it did'nt really work -- but what i found did work for me was by finding ALL FMOD.DLL files on my computer and deleting them!!!

this is after i uninstall ESF. ESF puts one in your windows directory and
HAlf-life seems to have one in its directory but just make sure they're gone because ... ESF when i installed it again put everything back to normal and no more COULD NOT LOAD LIBRARY CLIENT>DLL :laff:

IF this still doesn't solve your problem then i dont know .. SORRY :shocked:

Best answers
Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling first? This is kinda a drastic measure...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it means that your half life is ****ed basiclly, it happens often, delete ESF fully and reinstall and if its still there, reinstall half life... its rough.. but were tlaking about the half life engine here ^_^

Best answers
Don't forget hes talking about esf 2.0 (or did he mean 1.1). If you can't get esf alpha 2.0 working, its because newer mods such as esf 1.0+ have a newer fmod.dll which isn't competitable with alpha 2.0.

I think the only solution is to keep swaping around the fmod.dll if you want to play older mods that aren't updated anymore but I doubt no one will want to play esf alpha very often.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I might have a game on esf alpha just to remember what it was like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom