Melee

0_o

Best answers
Ok so I read the manual and I read the post about basic melee, and I can go around killing any newb using kame's or whatever. But the problem is that I can't take on almost anyone who uses melee. First I lock on, then start to swoop, I hold down the right mouse button to hit them when i get near and it doesnt hit them. I just fly into them and loose sight of them. So if they're really bad at melee, they stand there and I have time to look around and hit them with a simple press of the right mouse button. But if they know what they're doing, they take advantage of the situation and hit me.

Another problem I'm having is that when I'm trying to have a melee fight with someone, they start teleporting all around and I can never land a hit. How am I suppose to keep track of where they go? By the time I find them looking around, they hit me, and if I teleport around so I can get a better view they're still teleporting towards me and I run out of energy and get hit.

I downloaded the bots, should I just keep practicing on them until I get good? Does mouse sensitivity have an affect on this, would a higher one help me keep track of them? I tried looking on the internet for some of these tips, but I can't seem to find anything, or any posts here. Any help would be great.

0_o

Best answers
*cough* read my post *cough*

I said I read his post, but it doesnt help. It just tells me what buttons to press, and when to press them. Since the thread is closed I cant exactly post there can I? So i started a new thread, and I figured since he knows how to handle himself in melee, that he could give me some pointers on the scenarios I gave him.

Point of the post - read before you reply?

Best answers
Ok Here what I learned from playing, and you kinda have to figure out how it works(the game) I pratice with bots as well so.

If you read that post you know to target>then press the swoop button not hold> hold melee and aim at target.

The main thing to do is get completely use to using multiple buttons without much struggle. know the buttons very well means you dont have to think how to do it, you just do what want to do.

configure your keys so that you can easily use all the components of melee:

my config

turbo (t)
block (q)
swoop/target(mouse 1)
attack(mouse 2)
teleport(space)

Attacking

-Make sure your crosshair is on the person when your in melee range.
-Figure out the distance from him, I believe that if your farther away the less chance of winning the clash.
-Your Ki level make sure its not running out
-work on teleporting, try after a block to teleport away, or above and try again.
-remember if he is blocking everything, hes losing life as well so as long s he keeps blocking, hes at the disadvantage.
-if someone blocks and doesnt teleport or move away either stay there with your melee held down or let go and press and hold again quickly, because he will soon let go and try for a counter while, you already have your guy in melee mode, and if I am correct you will hit first if he lets go of the block.

Defense

(I suggest you work on this, that means practice blocking and thats it, makes sure you can block from all your weak points, look down and you see what i mean)

-the block is somewhat wierd, after an attack that they successifully gotten threw, and you had the block still on you have to let go and press it again to be ready for there next attack.
-when it comes to people teleporting, look for signs of where they go. your sides are easier to cover so from the top, bottom and behind are your exposed areas. so when you block the first attack look at what he does.

Countering

-The earlier verison you could hold the block and melee so that as soon as you blocked his attack, you could release the block button and the melee would automatically kick in and hit him back.
-This version 1.1 I found you have to wait till the players attack is done, you have to remember the way that charatcers attack looks, and wait till he kind gets back to normal position (aproximately 2 seconds or so)

The best thing is to do is get some bots, the 1.1 bots(there good will melee, trust me) get to know how the game works. thats your best way to learn, theres only tips, but they wont take you far unless you pratice alot. REMEMBER AS WELL melee fighting with out the lock on is differnent too so practice that aswell.

Dont know if this helps, but I tryed.

Ill try to add more later

0_o

Best answers
Actually that did help alot, thanks.

I practiced for bots for along time, started off with just 1 bot - bad skill, 100% melee, 0% teleporting. Worked on it till I got good at the timing of my attacks/blocks/teleporting. Then I turned up his skill and teleporting. Next thing ya know im working with 4 bots, best skill, 100% melee and teleporting. And just for fun, I tried me vs 8 bots on the highest skills. That got interesting, really helps with the reflexes. I just sat there, using secondary weapon (the blast thingies), and whenever they swooped I fired. They would immediately stop swooping, but I'd have to hit all 8 of them coming from different angles. Eventually when I died, I would just get a kamehame ready and fire it at the group when they came at me. Talk about instant SSJ :)

Best answers
i got the bots when 1.1 came out.. i got mine from the site...where did u guys get yours.. mine i think is starting to crash my game when i am loaded with bots and fire a certain way i think... im not quite sure what i do but it will just crash at random point during the game.. btw o_O why dont you show me what youve learned from practicing... post a reply soon and ill make a game for u to join so we can see what youve got :p

Best answers
i dont have your problem, i got mine from redsaiyan.net

And on topic:
0_o so can you beat lots of melee people now? because you can beat bots, but bots and real people are much different? If you can, well done! but keep looking cause theres some who can easily beat people, so now train against real people with melee

Best answers
i think i found out why i am crashing.. my computer was about 25% fragmented...whoops....i guess i got to caught up in playing..

Best answers
darkness11 said:
i dont have your problem, i got mine from redsaiyan.net

And on topic:
0_o so can you beat lots of melee people now? because you can beat bots, but bots and real people are much different? If you can, well done! but keep looking cause theres some who can easily beat people, so now train against real people with melee
Oh I forgot to say that too, bots have set patterns that can easily be memorized. real people dont do the same thing over and over again, Bots are only good for getting use to the controls, and such, which seem like its simple, but to get them down to a tee, takes alot of pratice.

Best answers
thats very true i can take down a lot of bots because once you learn how they move its simple you can just do the same thing over and over... what i like to do is make a bot and set it to ignore.. then all i do is run around trying new types of attacks.. thats how i learned to do the combos.. and i also got very fast on controlling where i go, how far to teleport.... after i did that for a day i started playing against people again and they were getting so pissed they would just leave in the middle of a fight... i love that and hate that... and thats only from a day of playing... i been playing esf since alpha, granted not everyday but, and ive learned more in a day of practicing than the whole time i been playing.... just called commitment... go for it! if you guys ever get a chance drop by my server.. the name of the server is StarFire..u usually keep it 1 vs 1 to keep it fair...good luck :laff:

0_o

Best answers
Well I've been playing for a few days now and I've noticed some things. Couple of times I had to take on multiple people, just awhile ago I took on 3 by myself, got pretty intense. 2 weren't very good, but 1 was so tough. We were pretty even in skill I'd say, id get some kills, then he'd get some kills. Its so fun taking on alot of people and actually winning though, even if they aren't very good :)

But anyways, some other problems seem to happen though, could be my timing though. One thing is the swooping. Sometimes I'll swoop at someone and I might notice they have a kamehame ready for me, or that I don't have enough pl to win a clash so I'll try to stop. But sometimes it doesn't seem to work. Most of the time it will, but occasionally it just won't stop. I was wondering if there's a set delay after you start swooping that you can't stop. It seems to happen alot when I just started to swoop, so that's my guess. Another thing is blocking. If I happen to have just fired a beam, or teleported around, there seems to be a delay to when you can block. Cuz I would press it and nothing would happen, then id start pressing it repeatedly till it did. I don't know, just somethings I wanted to check to see if I was dreaming or not.

Another thing is the character's speeds. Does the speed of the character affect how long they recover from a block or attack? Because I was fighting Vegeta once as Goku, and when he would swoop in to attack, I'd block then try to counter-attack. He always beat me to it, it's possible he might just have faster reflexes but I was wondering if it was the character difference. I think Goku is 216 speed, Vegeta is 220. I heard in the next beta they're adding in a delay after blocking so you can't counter attack as fast?

Hmm, this is getting long, well last thing. Teleporting is so tough, I always end up getting lost. Is there a set distance you teleport everytime, so I can just practice it till I get the feeling for it? Also would it be a good idea to practice just teleporting and hitting, rather than swooping? I sometimes try that strategy if swooping fails alot, but it's really hard, I never seem to be close enough for the hit to go off.

Best answers
well to answer your question. goku is actually the fastest (because hes the hero) but there is a delay to stop swooping but if you see them about to shoot at you just turn and go around them. the speed of them is just how fast they move. and there is a distance of how far you can teleport.. as long as nothing is in your way its is the same distance. but if you wanted to teleport right in front of someone just move straight towards them and teleport a few times (depending on how far away they are) and if they are in your way you will stop right in front of them. the BOOT TO THE HEAD TIME!..anyways id really like to fight you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom