My New ESF Music...

Should SaiyanPrideXIX post his 1/3 completed song, "A Terrible Power" for download?

• Yes - even though the guitars aren't dubbed in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - wait until the whole song is done

• PM it to a team member and let them judge

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so some of you may be aware that I've been working on new music for ESF. The way I do this is I make a midi file of the "song" and dub my rock guitar stuff over it.

For testing in ESF, I have an mp3 of the first minute or so of one of the songs, but without any guitar in it. If you guys want, I will post it for download so you can tell me what you think.

Honestly I'm very nervous but to do the guitars will take me all week for just this one song and I don't want to make everyone wait. If you think I should wait till I dub in the guitar lines, then just say so here. But if anyone's curious about it, or thinks I should post the work in progress for the dev team to see, drop me a reply in this thread.

Thanks in advance for any useful feedback. Hehe.

[PS: The song is MUCH more cool with the guitar work in it, so don't judge the basis on hearing the whole thing on the assumption that it'll be the same, with or without. The guitar adds the "macho" style. hehe.]

Best answers
I think you should wait untill the song is done. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it matters how good it is. So if you finish the song a lot more people will like your work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...that is a pretty good point. I just hate making everyone wait on it, you know? In my first thread, almost every reply was asking for a sample of my work.

What if I take the portion of the song I have now, and add the guitar to just that portion, so people can really hear much more what the final product will be like?

Best answers
yeah man, wait till you have a piece totally finished!!!cuz like this it will sound crap especially if you compare it to with the guitar (guitar rules:p!!!) so do something with th e guitar on it i would like to hear it!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with everyone else, dont release anything until your finished and completely satisfied with it, dont rush it or show unfinished work just because a couple people are impatient. Just hold on to it until it's 100% complete.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya, get it finished first. The people that it actually matters too don't care how long it takes (providing its before christmas) as long as its finished. I'm sure we'll like it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...that settles it then. Tonight I will bust my ass and hopefully finish the backing tracks to the first song. From there, I'll do the guitar work...and hopefully it should be uploaded somewhere or other by the end of the week.

I hope everyone likes it...I'm really letting myself go in this project; I'm going to give it my best, and hopefully it will actually be used by some people, or even put into the mod itself.

I plan on making a full "soundtrack" to the game; complete with a short theme piece, called "Earth's Special Forces." hehe.

For now though, this latest song--"A Terrible Power"--is a good example of the style I would probably be using mostly.

Ah whatever...I need to get back to work. thanks for any feedback, guys.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Well...that is a pretty good point. I just hate making everyone wait on it, you know? In my first thread, almost every reply was asking for a sample of my work.

What if I take the portion of the song I have now, and add the guitar to just that portion, so people can really hear much more what the final product will be like?

You shouldn't make that sample cuz if you do that you would lose time on making the sample while you can use that time to finish the hole song. I read the other thread again and you said that it would cool if the team wants to include your music in the game, so if you work longer on it and finish the hole song they would get a better view of what your capabilities are and you might get a better chance that the team includes your music in the game.

*EDIT* damn, I must have opened the thread right before you posted, thats why I still have the sample thing in it.

V'

Best answers
No, because I like jazz and it sounds better in a erie sort of way in ESF.

Best answers
Hey SaiyanPrideXIX, are you still working on this? Im looking foward to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am still working on it. Unfortunately, my band is also recording right now, so I've had to move my computer constantly, and my hard drive is nearly full. The recording is almost complete, but it's killing my HDD. So I decided to hold off a bit on the guitar tracks for the ESF song I've been working on because if I were to do them now, I might not have enough drive space left (I lost over 10 gigs on wav files...it's a ten song cd and my band, once they discovered I can have them play the songs in pieces and glue them together in the program afterward, has been quite lazy...the drums alone are ten tracks of wav files per song!). I have the rest of the initial song completed (the one called "A Terrible Power"--inspired by Buu, hehehe). but with no guitar it's kind of weak. Hopefully I'll be able to get it up here soon.

Maybe I might even post the guitar-less version--see I'm supposed to go grab me an 80 gig firewire hard drive so that I don't have to worry about losing all my drive space anymore, so I may be able to do it soon enough.

At some point though, I will definitely post some work here. And it will be soon. Apologies on the wait--I got backed into a corner of sorts. :0\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, thanks Scorch, but I already have a monster 120 picked out. Hehe--it awaits my next paycheck at best buy, and uses USB 2.0 and/or Firewire, so it will be transferable to most modern computers, lucky for me.

Say...I just uploaded a sound clip of my band's demo...it's nowhere near what I'm doing with the ESF music, but there's a few clips of me playing off my band's site's main page. PM me if you want to check it out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im currently using :
Imperfect Cell Theme
Cell Transforms
Perfect Cell Theme
Subway Fight Scene - Matrix
Neo vs Morphus Fight Scene - Matrix
Star trek Nemesis - 09 - The Scorpion
Star trek Nemesis - 12 - Final Flight

They are pretty good, :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I hear you on that one, Cel, but unfortunately that music can't be packaged with the game legally...so i figured I could make some "DBZ-esque" music to go with it, but with a harder edge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know i forgot what mod this was for, but there was some transformation music for gohan and vegeta done by someone by the name of DJ alex, i think. Oh my God, that music was brilliant, does anyone still have it? I would KILL to hear that again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if anyone cares, but an unmixed version of one of my band's songs has been finished enough that I uploaded it online to show other guys in the band while they were on vacation.

If anyone wants to hear the song ("Worlds Gone By"), it's up here:
http://home.comcast.net/~rockerforcexv/Worlds_test.mp3

That can give you an idea of what I'm capable of, at least.

Oh, some notes: The second verse needs to be redone, and aside from the vocals everything is totally unmixed. So you may hear little odds and ends hear and there. Also--there's no solos yet, there will be in the final version.

Crits welcomed, but I already know most of the problems with it.

This ought to give everyone and idea of what I'm capable of, at least. Enjoy.

Best answers
dude.... thats awesome stuff man.. now i simply cant wait to hear what ur gonna do for the esf type mp3's keep up its really good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom