Meh, Just wondering about the numbers...

Best answers
Meh, don't know why, but I'm interested in how much KI(In numbers) is in, for example, a 1 mil character and does it increase only by transformation or does it increase when you gain more powerlevel. I also wonder if turbo have any affect in a melee fight and beams. I wondering if turbo makes you go faster when swooping. AND, if you go turbo before charging a big attack(i.e. Kamehameha), is the attack stronger than when you would charge it normally?

Meh, just curious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swoop doesn't change anything in melee but your damage, but it also takes more KI so it is risky.

As far as beams go, if you have turbo on BEFORE AND WHILE YOU charge the beam and when you fire it, = more dmg and bigger blast radius. If you are powerstruggling turbo helps a little.

KI never changes, transformed characters just use half the amount for everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It raises your PL so it should raise your damage.

Best answers
So, Even if you are at a high powerlevel, Ki would run out just the same as if you had a low powerlevel? And Are you sure Turbo doesn't affect Melee besides damage? I think it also raises speed, but I'm not really certain, it's hard to test it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't change speeds in swooping.. and yes you run out of KI the same until you trans AFAIK.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The amount of Ki you have doesn't depend on powerlevel. Your Ki pool only increases when you ascend.

Best answers
The amount of ki is never increased (1000 always means a full kibar), the only thing that change when you ascend is that teleport costs less ki

Best answers
that is pretty stupid....

can someone from the team tell us what does what? preferably one of the coders or someone that knows how it all works in the game.

i would've thought PL would've been related to your Ki pool so more PL = more Ki to use which gives you the effect of using less Ki to do things. I thought PL was directly related to your speed and power, therefore turning on turbo would affect your swoop speed and the damage of your hits.

Best answers
trust me i'm right, i made a module for amx to change pl/ki/speed and the ki is always the same

Best answers
Your relative powerlevel (as compared to the servers average) determines the dmg of your attacks, and indirectly, the amount of damage you'll take after being hit by an attack.

Turbo increases speed (when not swooping) and powerlevel. It also gives you a slight blocking effect.

Your ki pool always is the same size. After transforming however, most classes get a higher ki-efficiency, so they use say 50% of the ki the untransformed character would use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll be. So I guess the key to doing more damage is having a PL way higher than the average on the server. I never thought it made a difference in melee...?

Best answers
Only damage though, mind you, you can still get the crap beaten out of you in melee by a weaker person, they just have to be more skilled. Plus they will gain major PL for every hit because they're weaker, so it's pretty balanced...

V'

Best answers
Just as long in the next beta that they change the whole " I-am-ssj-and-I-will-always-win-because-I-spend-less-ki-then-you" problem I will be happy.It seems almost futile to go against a SSJ when your not ascended.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
catfish said:
that is pretty stupid....

can someone from the team tell us what does what? preferably one of the coders or someone that knows how it all works in the game.

i would've thought PL would've been related to your Ki pool so more PL = more Ki to use which gives you the effect of using less Ki to do things. I thought PL was directly related to your speed and power, therefore turning on turbo would affect your swoop speed and the damage of your hits.
I suppose you didn't notice my post? o_O

Anyhoo... I think this thing is even mentioned in the ESF Manual.

Your Ki pool DOES increase when you ascend.

Best answers
it charges faster and it costs less ki when u tele,
thats what i noticed when u transform.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quick note about fighting SSJs in melee head-ons (I probably shouldn't say this)...

It doesn't matter that they are SSJ. Swooping still uses ki. So...if you don't swoop at all until the last second, you can still win a head on.

Killing an SSJ as normal isn't that hard...it's just that the *******s can teleport so much, you can't get a hand on 'em.

On ki spending after transforming: You don't get additional ki. That's unnecessary mathematics. Instead the coders opted to make the moves cost less ki (say, once descended, teleports take half what it would be if you were descended).

This gives the illusion of having more ki transformed, but in reality, you are just using less of the amount of ki with your techniques.

I hope they scale the transformations down a little bit by the later Betas where we have multiple transforms...I mean, an SSJ1 kamehameha ruins the whole server, nevermind an SSJ2 one.

Then again STILL no one has listened to my idea for "weak" and "strong" versions of all the beams, which would better manage the explosion issues...but I guess I'm not in any position to give orders, either way. hehe

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, my fault. I just asked Pcjoe and he said it's about Ki efficiency... your Ki pool never gets bigger :rolleyes: sorry ;D

*EDIT*
Holy ****, harSens already posted here :shocked: I didn't see his post :fight: Damn this new forum layout, can't see any borders between posts...

I've really been making an ass out of myself :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom