the evil ping... ARGHHHH

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry.. cheesing me off MAJOR now..
like, i got a really good pc, plays ut2003 in maximum resolution perfect. but esf.. ARGH

i got 150k bandwith and goes great on other games, but when esf, grr..

like, i got esf with mr. satans script that helps ping on, i got the resolnution at 800x600, trails off, gxf to a minimum, but i ALWAYS get a ping of 300+.. its annoying me, none of my attacks register in time because of this, and so on, anyone got any effective tips on how to remove my evil lag? o_O

Best answers
I have that problem too.. I'm playing ESF, and my ping is around 100, and I go play BF1942, and my ping's like.. 15 or so

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol.. i would KILL for 100 ping... but 300-600 takes the fun out of esf..

Best answers
v1.1 was noticably laggy for me compared to v1.0 and im on 56k. i can't even play it anymore unless the server is a broadband one in australia, which is extremely rare and one with a free player slot on it is even rarer again. i used to be able to play on the ESF servers with v1.0 and still have a chance.

i hope they fix the lag problem up for v1.2, there is definitely lag increase in v1.1.

Best answers
Depends how many are on the server. Esf isnt ment for loads of people on a server , and dbz is better with less anyway.
bf1942 lags HORRIBLY for me (due to my graphics card) but esf plays alright as long as theres not many players, weird.
Hmm, try having people all from the same country as you play too, and make sure your pc dont have any extra programs using up your bandwith.
But they are working on lowering the lag as you know, fingers crossed

Best answers
For me: (in DSL servers)
Most HL mods= 45-160
Quake3Arena= 50-100
DeusEx= 60-200
UT2K3= 100-250
bf1942= 1000-up (it runs good on my comp..but on the internet...jesus..why is my ping so high?!
300 ping for esf? try turning the graphs down and putting the resolution up. works for me...

Best answers
I have on of the slowest computer on Earth (I swear PII, 500ish MHZ, Etc..) I can still manage to play ESF but I do feel lag (Cable). I don't know why its so bad for you because for me its fine, And I don't play on servers from my country (I live in Italy so.. There aren't many.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
um i hate to break it to u all

but ur pc has jack and **** to do with what ping u get

u could have the best pc in the world and get bad ping if u only have like a 56k or 28.8k

90% of the time the ping is based on the server ur trying to play on cause if ur in nz and ur trying to play on a 28.8k connection in germany ur gonna get a ping higher than anything playable

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, Hibiki said it! It's all about;
Your Connection Speed
Server Connection Speed
Server Location
Server Specs

These all create the aspects of ping...

If you join a 12 person dedicated hosted on someone's DSL or Cable connection, you're gonna get a 300 ping when it's full, especially if you're far from the server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom