erm, i dont even think CS supports this, but it may...

Best answers
I would LOVE to play my brother + some people in internet games from across the world, my bro is on lan, (wireless), and we have connected through lan, but not at the internet part, is this possible? And if so, how!?

thanks

Sixty

btw these forums are U G L Y! I cant see where one post stops and another begins! (maybe black background with red text would be a lil better!)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS COLOR SCHEME IS THE ONLY CHOICE WE HAD, SINCE THE OLD COLOR SCHEME DOES NOT NOT WORK WITH THE NEW FORUM VERSION.
good to know, but cant you guys make your own in a hurry? With old Vbulletin you could..

Best answers
also, I love the new setup of VBulletin 3.0.0.0 (even though its still beta!) I wanna get these for the forums on my home PC (sixty.ath.cx/fourms)

V'

Best answers
No, two computers on the same connection can't connect to the same server. I've tried it and it dosen't work.So the only way you can play your brother is on a lan. Although, I'm sure there is a way though.

Best answers
yes they can. when we hold a lan at my friends house, he has optus cable, we all jump on (bout 8 of us) on an optus CS server and ghost like hell so our team wins.

ill try find out how this works, but the two of you will need differnt CD keys for half-life no matter what.

Best answers
All you need is a $50 for a router. I ghost with my roomates all the time. People hate us :laff:

Best answers
There is also program that can do this (I once used this program to share my 56k with my brother on lan playing half-life.. we both pinged at around 2000 but it worked).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
windows XP has an software router if you configure it right, internet sharing should be the answer and wireless lan sucks @ speed so one of you would end up having a higher ping

Best answers
yup i found out he does use a router.

does XP have its own router? man i never know that. then again i dont know crap about xp.

Best answers
use a lan switch or a hub and use the wizard at xp network in your config

Best answers
guys, what im sayin is, can i join his hosted internet game? (we looked, couldnt find them!)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't a router but you have 2 network cards you can configure internet connection sharing or what is called a gateway. Manually setting up a gateway can be a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom