Anti-HOWing Tactics

Best answers
Well Since I have been eliminatied from the tournement I am starting to work more on my technique. I need to learn not to HOW so much, but I am having trouble keeping sight of the enemy and running low on ki...any pointers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scouter. I use it all the time. Block helps when ur out of KI because the other person usually teles away fearing a counter.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never thought of useing block like that. thats a good idea. a good way to get around head ons is when somone charges at u, just tleport to the left or right and charge at them. and just practise to keep site of ur enemy.

Best answers
Yea hybrid just gave away my whole fighting tactic... Not really though. I barely ever HOW, and if i do its usually by accident (someone charges, i dont think and charge back)

V'

Best answers
Gman don't give them false tips. Everyone knows that if you have low ki, a person can break through your block easily. Just recharge and teleport away from the guy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
V' said:
Gman don't give them false tips. Everyone knows that if you have low ki, a person can break through your block easily. Just recharge and teleport away from the guy.

...What? I've never heard of such a thing.. I just asked everyone I know, and they didn't either..

Edit: One person did. One. Out of.. twelve. And these aren't noobs, either...people from SC..Z..a.d...wtf? Where did you find this out ;/

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
GMan said:
...What? I've never heard of such a thing.. I just asked everyone I know, and they didn't either..

Edit: One person did. One. Out of.. twelve. And these aren't noobs, either...people from SC..Z..a.d...wtf? Where did you find this out ;/
actually it is true dog...
i thought everyone knew this... if u did have close to no ki or maybe a 15th or so amount left the attack will go through... then youll just get the extra terrain damage... :rolleyes:

Best answers
interesting I didn't know that...Anyway I have been using the scouter a lot but I have trouble telling if they are above or below sometimes. Plus It's really hard to control the speed, guess it's all up to practice : o_o

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just thought of another tactic to get around howing. it doesnt work very well but i always use it lol. when swooping at somone i just stop in the middle of swooping and teleport to get behind my opponite. then i swoop at him and hopefully hit em.

Best answers
Hybrid said:
i just thought of another tactic to get around howing. it doesnt work very well but i always use it lol. when swooping at somone i just stop in the middle of swooping and teleport to get behind my opponite. then i swoop at him and hopefully hit em.

If a person is indeed HOWing, he will most likely teleport away after he lost track of you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, that low? I thought you mean't if their KI is lower than yours. I've never fought anyone that goes that low anyway, so *shrug*

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well now that u brought up blocking... i was jss testing it out... i can now instantcounter (like beta 1) 80% of the time if i tried... why is that i thought they took that out?

Best answers
I was that 1 Person that Knew, Tee Hee, I learned from chasing people and knocking around, I see them block but they still get hit. I learned that if someone hows, get in close, to swooping but just regular flying thatn tele in hit, or swoop to side un til you pass them than turn around and hit them from behind, or when you pass them turn around him them with a generic beam, looks so dbz like =)

Best answers
Turn up ur fastest, bass pumping song u can find and fight to the music. and keep powering up after every time u hit sum one away, Oh and dont use turbo in a 1 on 1 melee fight....... it will just suck up ur KI faster....trust me.... :rolleyes:

Best answers
Usually when I find myself against a true HOWer, I switch to Frieza and poke em with the laser. That usually gets them moving, then I HOW them back. It's poetic justice.

Best answers
lol thats what I did, but i didn't think of it soon enough and it was too late :(

Best answers
Thanks for all the advice, but this is getting a little off topic because i want to know how not to HOW, not beating a HOWer. Hope this clears things up a bit :yes:

Best answers
In order for to help, i just need to know what's a Howing, How, Hower?
I've never heird this term before.

Best answers
a HOW is a Head on Whore. The type of person that waits for you to attack, and keeps his ki high, so he can just go head on at your attack, to automatically win the head-on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom