Connection problem

Best answers
Ok for one I will tell you right now this problem has nothing to do with my computer. I am using windows xp professional corp sp1 (and If your going to just reply saying Windows XP is the problem then don't reply at all). I can also say it is not windows XP it is a problem that could happen with any computer with the wrong settings. Anyway:

I downloaded a program that was a virus (it was a keylogger) but wasn't detected and was just made in VB. I found it and deleted it and I removed it off startup. The program also added my IP and the Battle.net server hostnames to my C:\Windows\HOSTS file which will block those addresses from being accessed on this computer. I removed those too. The virus is gone that isn't the problem, the problem is the program changed some setting that doesn't allow me to connect to the battle.net servers. The battle.net server I use is useast.battle.net. I also have redhat linux installed on this computer and I was able to get a bot connected on it to battle.net so that proves its some setting on windows. I also tried other blizzard games connecting to battle.net and bots and it doesn't connect. This all proves something(like a firewall I guess) is blocking me from connecting to battle.net. I've tried everything. I can't find a fix for it. But remember I can still access everything else(more proof). Anyone can help or know of how a IP can be blocked from being connected to with a setting on windows besides the HOSTS file. I am figuring it is a setting because I did a search for all files created and modified in the last day and it didn't have anything besides the HOSTS file and the virus that was installed. Please help.

Edit:
I should have probably posted this in Help sry (this really isn't a newbie question), can a moderator move it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom