Uuh...huh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys. Does someone want to just tell me really quickly (cause apparently I missed it): what exactly is a "HOW" or "HOWer" ?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It stands for head on whore. Which is basically just another name for someone who plays esf...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not really. yea it stands for somone whos a head on whore but not everyone does that. its ok to head on once in a while but a hower is when thats all somone does is sit back and wait for somone swoop to them and waste ki. so nope not a normal esf player. :]

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone that sits back and waits is a classic hower. But then you have people that call everyone that gets a hit where the other person can see them a how. Even if you teleport behind the person and wait for them to turn around and see you.

Best answers
to be honest, you have to really suck if you cant beat a HOWer. its not hard, all you have to do is tele if you are at low KI then recharge while you have the time. if you are at full KI just keep recharging and wait for the guy to swoop at you then swoop at him right after he swoops.

HOWers arent that annoying, i just hate those block whores who stand in one place blocking your attacks and then hit you after you strike. you should take damage for blocking IMO. it takes a lot more effort to kill a block whore :S

HOWing is a part of the game(althougt i hope it changings a bit in 1.2). dont listen to people who call you a HOW whore(unless you really are one :laff: ) i HOW sometimes, its called being smart. dont stick with just one meleeing strategy, you cant beat everyone with the same moves over and over again

Best answers
IMO, HOWers are alot harder to beat then block whores, especially 'cause of .8 delay.. All a true HOW'er needs is a little patience :fight:

Best answers
a pro wannabe said:
IMO, HOWers are alot harder to beat then block whores, especially 'cause of .8 delay.. All a true HOW'er needs is a little patience :fight:
whats a .8 delay?

Best answers
It's that you have to wait 0.8 seconds to hit somebody after you blocked.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1_heart_boobies said:
to be honest, you have to really suck if you cant beat a HOWer. its not hard, all you have to do is tele if you are at low KI then recharge while you have the time. if you are at full KI just keep recharging and wait for the guy to swoop at you then swoop at him right after he swoops.

HOWers arent that annoying, i just hate those block whores who stand in one place blocking your attacks and then hit you after you strike. you should take damage for blocking IMO. it takes a lot more effort to kill a block whore :S

HOWing is a part of the game(althougt i hope it changings a bit in 1.2). dont listen to people who call you a HOW whore(unless you really are one :laff: ) i HOW sometimes, its called being smart. dont stick with just one meleeing strategy, you cant beat everyone with the same moves over and over again
Play SSJPanther and then tell me beating a HOWer is easy, lol ^^

I take offense if someone HOWs me repeatedly during a fight.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Block whores are easy to deal with. Swoop to the side of them and flick the mouse when you get to them. You'll hit them and keep going plus you can teleport just as impact happens. Then just keep swopping, hitting, and teleporting.

Best answers
ok
ill remember that name(ssjpanther)
if i see that the server he plays on doesnt lag, ill try him
ill look him up on gametiger later

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
HOWing is bad when u keep running away .... thats how i lose in the tourney :( :( :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1_heart_boobies said:
ok
ill remember that name(ssjpanther)
if i see that the server he plays on doesnt lag, ill try him
ill look him up on gametiger later
He's in {ape}, hes very good but he HOWs a lot, I don't know why. He could do better.

Best answers
GMan said:
Play SSJPanther and then tell me beating a HOWer is easy, lol ^^

I take offense if someone HOWs me repeatedly during a fight.

Makes me wonder if you will ever stop complaining about your loss.... There are plenty aways around a "HOWer" as you call it.. But if you are to dense and unskilled to learn/know them then I am not going to waist my time with you.... You are the reason why so meny hated the Z clan... So either get over your problems or shut the heck up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for tha random outburst. I'm not going to debate whether I can or can not kill you. I just said you HOW. Most of ape hows right now, I suppose they just hang out in pub servers and don't bother fighting against the noobs and they become used to doing that against other people, too. I don't quite remember a 'loss' either, Panther. :rolleyes: If people hated Z for having higher standards.. that's great. o_O

Usually a HOW is someone who always lets the other guy swoop or attack first. Of course, there are different kinds of HOWing, like doing little swoop dances and stuff to trick the guy into attacking you while you recharge. It's not impossible to beat. It's just goddamn stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Z was the only clan I liked. I never met any APE guys in-game.

And that HOW thing, now that I know what it references, is horribly annoying.

It's an exploit and I don't know why people use it other than out of desperation...you lose fun and the thrill of fighting when using an exploit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GMan, if someone heads on with you, then what were you doing? The same thing. Don't bring other people into this, the guys only asked what a HOW is. :S

imo, "HOW" is the stupidest thing ever invented

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back on topic please. This is about "HOWing" or whatever, inter-clan flaming isn't something that is appreciated on these forums. Any more of that will not be taken lightly.

On-topic:
I know Halorin invented the term HOW, and like it's already been said, it's basically exploiting the 1.1 Ki melee system by waiting and attacking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:
GMan, if someone heads on with you, then what were you doing? The same thing. Don't bring other people into this, the guys only asked what a HOW is. :S

imo, "HOW" is the stupidest thing ever invented

Some people are fast enough to turn into you as you do a side hit, thus I try to side hit them and get HOWed anyway. :scared:

Best answers
Ok one thing...WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!! :\ its a style of fighting! If u cant figure out a way to get around that then u have a lot of trainning to do. So im tired of ppl complainning about how *** it is or how n00bish it is.. :S Now what else do u expect other Howers to do in this new melee system??? Ive been playing since 1.0 and thats always how ive fought. If u have a problem about it then just walk away..Leave it alone and let it go. Btw i dont just sit there and wait i actually charge at them and acutally fight. I get into it. I dont just sit on my ass and wait... :S :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom