HOW

Best answers
Am I the only one getting frustrated with the phrase "HOW". It seems to pop up every time I fight, no matter what I do. If I hit someone from close, it's a HOW. If I teleport too much, it's a HOW. If I don't hit from anywhere but behind, I'm a HOW. It's really starting to bug me.

I was under the impression that a HOW was using the "wait and let them come to you" method over and over. Instead, I'm called a HOW whenever I teleport around and hit someone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HOWing is generally one of two things:

1) Sitting back and charing KI waiting for them to come first (Aka LSM - Last second melee)

2) People that only ever hit you from the front and don't do side or back hits

If you keep doing #2, eventually the other guy might get tired of it and become annoyed. It's happened to me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Atom, right?

A HeadOnWhore can also be if you follow someone and they stop and turn around and charge then do a "LSM" very quickly.

Best answers
I agree that being hit from the front can be annoying, but at the same time, I don't see how you are a "whore" for doing it. Against truely skilled players, a side or back hit is almost impossible, unless you surprise them of course. (Of course, against skilled players, HOWing is impossible too, because they won't fall for it.). I've honestly tried for ages against someone who just teleported. It was an extremely difficult task to even hit them, let alone try to hold back enough to only hit someone from a certain direction.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is because you "Whore" it, not because you are one lol.

Whore as in overuse a stupid thing.

Best answers
I do know what whore means. Oddly enough, people don't seem to. I've seen people accused of kamespaming after one Kamehameha, or of HOWing after.. well, one Head-on exploit. It's just depressing to have a fun battle, only to have the loser get sore and start calling you a HOW.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whore means some girl who is addicted to sex
when used in conjunction with other things and it means that that person is addicted to whatever its connected with

head on whore - addicted to head ons
beam whore - addicted to beaming
*****ing whore- addicted to *****ing (anyone who uses a whore term is a *****ing whore :fight: )
*in CS*
AWP whore - addicted to a 1 hit kill gun
camp whore - addicted to sitting in one spot for a rediculous amount of time

Best answers
i'm a camp wh0re :laff:
when people beam whore me or HOW me in battle, i get back at em by just killing em over and over and over until they leave the server with melee. :devgrin:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only method of howing is sitting back and waiting for someone to swoop up to you. Everything else is fair game. I see more and more people calling other people howers just because they move around, get enough time to recharge and then hit the other person because they've been swooping the whole time. HOWing is sitting back and not moving. Everything else is just using the current melee system. Hitting from the sides and from behind is great but if a head on hit works then why not use it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wrong.

HOW = Head on Whore - It does NOT say "Wait and attack whore"

LSM = Last Second Melee (What you're talking about Scorcher)

Every LSM is a HOW

Not every HOW uses LSM

That situation you just set up is basically exactly what HOWing is. Doing little ritual dances to get more KI, like hitting F to stop flying and then recharging.. basically the only reason why it works is because of 1.1. Therefor, it's HOWing. HOWing, in it's essence, is abusing the 1.1 KI system in some respect.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"the only reason why it works is because of 1.1"
Isn't that the same thing as saying the only reason it works is because its esf. This is the way melee works. What is the sence in complaining about it or making up names to call people? howing isn't abusing the 1.1 ki system its using it to your advantage. Making up an abreviation of head on whore and calling people it is just another way of saying you suck because you know how melee works. Its the way its going to be until 1.2 and theres no sence in complaining about it. It doesn't matter how much skill you have. I have never seen anyone ever always hit someone from behind or from the side.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can do it.. pretty easily. It's just not worth the effort most of the time. It also depends on the other person. If they are fast enough, they can turn into your side hit and it becomes a HOW hit for them.

1.1 is abusive, that's all there is to it. It's just too easy to win in 1.1. Regardless of ping, skill, or reflexes, you can beat 90% of people doing one specific thing over and over. Does that make sense?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does and it doesn't. If you have one thing that works over and over then whats wrong? Everygame has it. I find it funny when i fool around and someone serious comes in. I pull out gen beam and they tell me I suck and how they own me. I kill them 2 out of 3 times with a gen beam when there trying to melee me... When people use the current game style as an excuse to whine or call someone lame I tend to get a little frustrated. I know its frustrating when someone sits there and waits for you but there are people that move around and end up hitting the other person in the face that get called howers. I mean I like to get past someone and wait for them to turn around before I kick them in the face and then I get called a how or lame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'Wait for them to turn around?' Why? Just hit them. You mean you're recharging to make sure you get the hit?

Try teleport side hits. Those are easy for people to learn, and are pretty effective.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do tons of teleport hits. I just find it humorous to wait until someone can see themselves getting hit. I don't recharge. I just wait for them to see me. Its just fun to do... Does anyone play this game for fun?...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see how its fun, I just see it as a reason for people to call you a HOW. I don't think you're a HOW, but you're bringing trouble upon yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh course, Gman, when ever someone kills you, you never say gf or anything you always say my sens to high or you how to much or "I wasnt playing my friend was" or... etc. :p

Best answers
This is so ridiculous HOWing? People that say that should be shot. I have fought people that have been so called HOWing and I sure did get made at it but I did something else then just make up a word to explain it and give up. I found a counter to it and that is how you beat it find a way around it that is called skill then. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UltraPerfectCel said:
Oh course, Gman, when ever someone kills you, you never say gf or anything you always say my sens to high or you how to much or "I wasnt playing my friend was" or... etc. :p
I'll say gf if it was, in fact, a good fight. Regardless of the victor. And yes, my mouse is ***. And yes, my friend was fighting you, and I found your fight very amusing. You seem to enjoy taking shots at me on the forums.

Bi0 Brolli said:
This is so ridiculous HOWing? People that say that should be shot. I have fought people that have been so called HOWing and I sure did get made at it but I did something else then just make up a word to explain it and give up. I found a counter to it and that is how you beat it find a way around it that is called skill then. :S
Yes, yes. It's not like getting around HOWs is impossible. Sometimes it's just piss-you-off annoying, though. People that do it, and don't get the hint, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom