[Me]'s ESF Monster Plugin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Purpose

This is made by [Me] for making Botman's Monster Plugin for Meta-Mod compatible for ESF. Download both the files and then just follow the instructions below. This lets you put almost every Half-Life monster into ESF :).

[Me]'s Monster Plugin .dll File

http://members.lycos.nl/rick130/stuff/

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/imptaimer/Zipfiles/MonsterPlugin.zip

Botmans Monster Plugin File

http://www.planethalflife.com/botman/downloads.shtml

Make sure you get the Meta-Mod version (meaning you need to scroll down) and choose the type (whether you have a windows or linux server).

Instructions

You have to download Botman's Monster Plugin (full file) and install it into your Meta-Mod. Then just download [Me]'s .dll file and replace the existing one (Botmans) to make it ESF compatible.

Enjoy the Monsters :)!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
umm can you even hurt monster's with melee or is it just beam's and do you gain power from hurting them ?

Best answers
Where are you supposed to get the esf admin-mod beta 1.1 from? And where can we get Botman's monster plugin?

Best answers
Yess...i've dont seem to see the actual name of Botman's Monster plugin. All i see is one for metamod :\ . I just d/led the first plugin on the list, but i did what you said shadow and it didnt work. Oh wait, i recall a sticky about admin mod on esf.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14565
-From what Cookster is saying, Admin mod won't work properly or not at all in esf 1.1 . So now what?
*EDIT- Nm, it does work, i didnt pay a great deal to the Main notice. But what file do you d/l on Botman's page? Is it the metamod one?
*EDIT2- OK. I found out it was the metamod one. You scroll down till you see the Metamod Monster plugin for windows. TO d/l it you need to be registered or subscribed to Fileplanet. I'm not going to tell you how to install it because it has a ReadMe.txt so read it, plz.
*EDIT3- Oh very nice, i have to make a map configuration to put monsters in the game. Is there any simpler ways to add monsters to the game/map? (i'm still fiddleing with it to make the monsters work)
*EDIT4- ...i dont think it was the metamod one. From what your saying, the monster plugin is a full file and needs to be installed. The metamod pluging just needs to be extraced and modified. But it still didnt work :\ . So you really need to say what the name of teh download is so nobody goes frantic...(srry for the 4th edit)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well if you read the manual of the plugin that would work....
first you download the metamod.dll which works with esf 1.1:

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=24264

scroll down a bit and the download should be there.

then go to botman's site to download the windows monster metamod plugin:

I just made a map in my esf map; addons\metamod
I putted there the metamod.dll and my edited monster dll
Then I made a ini file called plugins.ini and put this line in the file:

win32 addons/metamod/monster_mm.dll

then put the monster_skill.cfg and the monster_precache.cfg in your esf map(found in the monster zip)

open up monster_precache and you should c a list of monsters just delete the // before a monster name you want, then start a game and go to an open place on the ground, not flying

type in the console
monster <monstername> <yourname>

well if you don't get my explenation read the manual ;)

And yes you cannot melee them :(

Best answers
i wanted to dl it but i got an error when dling it on fileplanet :(
btw ... it isn't an adminmod plugin but a metamod plugin so you can edit all your bold text in the first post :D
and since when metamod (and adminmod + amx-mod and all others mm plugins) doesn't work with 1.1 ... o_O

edit:ehm |Me| posted before me >_<
edit2: the botman's plugin is back on fileplanet :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
they do but not this plugin, this plugin tries to send the damage message which esf misses (as you know) thats why it crashes and indeed its a metamod plugin not an adminmod plugin

Best answers
and any way i doubt adminmod scripting is powerful enough to make that kind of plugin

Best answers
Me said:
well if you read the manual of the plugin that would work....
first you download the metamod.dll which works with esf 1.1:

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=24264

scroll down a bit and the download should be there.

then go to botman's site to download the windows monster metamod plugin:

I just made a map in my esf map; addons\metamod
I putted there the metamod.dll and my edited monster dll

then put the monster_skill.cfg and the monster_precache.cfg in your esf map(found in the monster zip)

open up monster_precache and you should c a list of monsters just delete the // before a monster name you want, then start a game and go to an open place on the ground, not flying

type in the console
monster <monstername> <yourname>

well if you don't get my explenation read the manual ;)

And yes you cannot melee them :(
*Ok, i get all that, but i noticed something that bugged me

win32 addons/metamod/monsers_mm.dll

-Were did you put the plugin.ini file? In the addons/metamod dir? There is already an existing one.
*Also, for this:
-Do you mean the esf/map dir? I'm hoping because i dont think you can actually put a .cfg file into a bsp file.
*If you could just answer the first question, you wont hear anymore question :\ .

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
heh lol with map i meant an folder :D

just put those .cfg files in your esf folder

and the plugin.ini goes to the esf\addons\metamod folder

Best answers
Ok, LAST QUESTION! (i hope)
*I did all the following, even reread the manual 3-4 times, but it still isnt working! When i create a game, i type monster zombie Zombie and it says, "unknown command". I tried monster_spawn 1 and it also says "unknown command". Can you help me? What could i have done wrong?
*EDIT- maybe i did the plugin wrong? Here's what it is:

; Admin Mod
win32 addons\adminmod\dlls\admin_MM.dll
linux addons/adminmod/dlls/admin_MM_i386.so

; AMX Mod
win32 addons\amx\dlls\amx_mm.dll
linux addons/amx/dlls/amx_mm_i386.so
; More script functions for AMX Mod
win32 addons\amx\dlls\fun_ms.dll
linux addons/amx/dlls/fun_ms_i386.so

--Is that right? or do i have do i have nothing in the plugin.ini but win32 addons/metamod/monster_mm.dll

Best answers
try "meta help" in console if you get "unknown command" then you didn't install metamod
and if you get a list look for a monster_mm plugin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not win32 addons/metamod/monster_mm.dll it's win32 addons\metamod\monster_mm.dll

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
o_O I've got

Also its monster <Monster-name-you-have-in-prechache-file-uncommented> <Your-Player-Name>

And one last thing, I don't think you've edited your liblist.gam, open the file(in your esf folder) with a text editor like notepad, search for the line

gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"

or if you have my bot:

gamedll "dlls\esf_bot.dll"

then change it to:

gamedll "addons\metamod\metamod.dll"

Hope this helps ;)

Best answers
Guh...hey. Thx Mr. Satan and anyone else who helped. But someone takes partial blame for this...
Originally Posted by [Me]

Why did you do that [Me] o_O . Its np anyway :laff: . Hopfully now it'll work. And yes, metamod IS installed because i installed Adminmod. Or is it because that i'm using adminmod that the Monster Plugin doenst work? Oh well, i'll just fix my error, along with a couple i forgot, and see if it FINNALLY works for me :\ .

Best answers
if you have adminmod installed then you should already have a plugins.ini file, but what do you get when you type "meta list" in console ?

Best answers
Ok going as carfully as i can people :( . I'm currently d/ling something that i dont wont it to cancel (1.02 GB, 50% done, 2hrs left). If i rush everything, and i mess up, i might get an error in HL and that could cancel the download. And i dont feel like missing a once in a lifetime chanse to try a beta test of a game :\ .

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I made a plugin.ini file cuz i didn't had one...
And metamod is capable to load more plugins at one time so both should work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the fileplanet link is down... can sum1 host it?

Best answers
All ears! But wait...no it isnt. It's working for me o_O . Are you using a program like netpumper, if so, you can't d/l things from Fileplanet :( . Turn it off or uninstall it. If this isnt occuring to you, i dont know why it isnt working :\ .
*I changed/fixed everything so far, so after the d/l is complete (1hr 45mins) i'll try and see if it works. But before that i'll host both the dll file and Monster zip if the link still doesnt work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom