we have a community .

Best answers
im sick of seeing the forum being flooded by all these posts about n00bs and cheaters and stuff. look. we are in a community and in a gaming community u are expected to find n00bs, pros, ***s, champs / top blokes and perhaps cheaters and yous have to accept that there are people in the community different to you. and if you cant accept this can yous please not flood the forum with your every day experiences on the game and just keep ur thoughts to urself because frankly we have heard it too many times because if u have a problem with one of the groups of the forum ( ie . n00bs ) there are ways of solving ur problem and posting on the forum isnt one of them .

when i read some of the posts about people complaining about n00bs it doesnt even look like thats what they are complaining about. it looks like they are trying to make people think they are good at esf by saying stuff like " yesterday i was in this server and my score was 50-0 and i was vsing this n00b and owning him and he was complaining and saying i cheat".

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there was no point in this thread. you cant stop it. n00bs will get flamed anyway.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres as much point to this thread as there is to all the noob flaming threads. Let him post. I enjoyed reading it cause its the truth. PREACH IT BROTHER!!

Best answers
Eaz, eaz, eaz -- eaz for president

he is right tho, there will always be hackers and noobies and good players, theres nuttin u can do about it

so deal with it, dont complain about it on the forums, its waste space and think of POOR GREG paying for wasted space

Best answers
i never really had any problems with noobs(I mean we were all noobs at one point)until this new group of noobs came to the forums and wouldnt leave the modelers alone so the modeler either left or didnt release a great model.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
President?

Make him world leader.

I hate n00bs that are saying: I got kicked because I was better then him.

Like so????

We don`t care about your stupid life. Find a new server.

And 100 of n00bs saying: I saw devil and I have his wonid...

Like there is already a tread for this and mostly they post a wonid that is already know that is Devil or some others cheaters wonid.

Best answers
you used like too much my brain now hurts

anyway i think i have to agree with eaz here so.........

/me ticks box labled Eaz for preizzie

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree as well. Every community has its good members and its bad. They are two halves to a whole, and one could not exist without the other (If there were no bad, what or who would be construed as good? If there was no good, what would be the motivation to piss people off with hacks?). Well, they couldn't exist all perfectly and... uh... never mind. My point is this: It isn't going to change anybody's mind about the game if you post about a hacker or you post about a new admin banning players that he doesn't like. We all already know and accept that these people are out there, so why dwell on it? We know they're out there, yet for some reason we all act surprised when we see one and we have to come post about it. I agree with EAZ that people need to cut the crap and simply accept that these guys are out there, and that the team is doing what they can to stop the hackers, and the newbies out there aren't going to get any better without time and experience.

If we can all just accept that we're all different and stop judging each other for the way in which we approach the game, our community would be a much nicer place to hang around in.

Best answers
the problem also is sometimes you know, some people come and post something here and then some other people come and yell at them "you stupid n00b this thread of yours is stupid it should be locked!!!!" or "you dumbass you should post this in the modeling forum!!" (just to be honest, i used to be one of those who would yell at people =P) its not just "acting like a mod", its being rude and, showing negative atttude towards other community members.
so ok, they are new here, they might look stupid because they are not yet familiar with the atmosphere, but this doesn't mean that we all should yell at them! maybe try to help them instead .. i mean, if you always have so many " n00bs " this is a sign that the community is growing!! we should all be nice to each other because you are not just helping the guy (teh n00b) but you are helping the community grow.

imagine you are going to some forum and in your first post you get 10 replies telling you that you are stupid/n00b/idiot/ and that your post is stupid/worthless/dumb .. o_O i don't think you will go there again. :S

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the other thing: Seems to me like everyone on this forum wants to be a mod, and they all act accordingly.

First of all you don't get the job because you can play the part. We get hired because we don't get into trouble and we're respectful to other forum members (most typically).

Nextly, notice how there are oh so many of us? That's right, there are, and we can all be PMed when you need help or want a thread closed. You don't need to throw in your 2 cents at the end of a thread about how you think a moderator should handle it. Odds are we've seen the thread and we've decided to leave it open. If you aren't sure PM one of us. Posting something like "I'm requesting that this be closed" or "We don't need any more posts about this kind of thing" is a waste of bandwidth and, quite frankly, it's rediculous spam. Remember: Just because you don't like something, be it an oppinion or a thread, doesn't mean that nobody else does either. Furthermore, as Ultraq said, it provokes other users to respond with their own pointless oppinions about your pointless oppinions which leads to flaming and an overall retardation of the thread.

If you see a thread you don't like, and it doesn't strictly ask you for your oppinion, either ignore it or try to respond to it in a way that its author may be satisfied enough to discontinue the thread. Personal issues should be handled through IMs either to the authors or the moderators in charge of the section.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well i`m not trying to be a moderator but i`m getting sick of new people making the same treads after the nother one.

Most of them don`t even care about looking in the stickies or use search.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it's our job, not yours, to let them know that they're in the wrong. Start pming us with reasons to close threads and we'll get around to it. Don't try to play the hero and fight back with words when there isn't anything you can do about it.

Best answers
i am not someone who flames n00bs, but the ESF community really sucks! every game i play in, there are n00bs who call me a hacker. some of them call me a hacker because they stand no chance against me, and some of them call me a hacker to i teleport fast with the mouse scroll. and there are also those who are better than me and own me like crazy and them flames me and calls me a ***. i dont understand this...really, there is no point in flaming anyone, yet it happens all the time in ESF. its unlike any other games ive ever played, and its probably the only reason why i dont play ESF as much anymore.

i hope that the meleeing system will change in 1.2 so there wont be people calling other people HOWs. i dont see anything wrong with going head on as long the person doesnt stand still in 1 spot waiting for the other to charge. people really are stupid(i am flaming now), not the n00bs, but those more advance players who flame others just because they dont play the game their way. the last game i played, there was someone better than me who said, "hey [my name]" then i resoinded, "?", then he said, "stop teleporting so much ******." he was vegeta and i was buu, he had the advantage of using sensu beans while i didnt and i didnt stand a chance against him. as a super saiyan, he kept teleporting(although he told me not to) and recharging then go head on with me. i hit him a few times, but he never died because of his sensu beans, it pissed me off alot.

i think sensu beans are really bull****. you get 3 sensu beans each time you pick 1 up!!! and they also heal you fully! its being abused way too much by players who know where they are located. they limited it to 1 sensu bean that heals 50% of your max HP or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl... welcome to the topic about guys who flame noobs who flame noobs.

Have fun dancing in Hypocrite Land.

Best answers
I dont think this thread is very inviting to new-comers. I have to agree with ultra on this issue, Let them vent out some anger, or so Mod can just close it. People complain about "noobs", but you must realize, that thoses "noobs" make this such a "popular game" and whats the sense for the staff to work there asses for about 100 players.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really want to give heart a warning for posting something so ridiculous in a thread that is obviously anti-everythinghejustsaid, but I'll give him one more chance. Guys, don't fill up this thread with spam. Heart, if you want to make suggestions there's a forum for that.

And Gatsu, this thread is just fine for newcomers. They can see how some of the community feels about ranting and complaining about personal issues on our forums. Everyone will come to their own conclusion about what they should or shouldn't say but this is a place for people to preach about how they think the community should clean up its act. It is NOT about whatever Heart thought it was when he came in moaning about players calling him names.

Best answers
ok...i really dont know what i did wrong, but i really dont care if i get banned also. i dont flame n00bs, but i do hate people who wait for you to charge first then charge at you back. that is a true HOW, and they are successful at it largely in part of the sensu beans IMO. i ahve nothing against newbies, and i don't flame ANYONE. i am complaining about ME getting flamed for no good reason. everyone has there own style of playing, but i think that sensu beans are getting abused a bit too much by people who have the knowledge of where they are located.

that suggestion i thought was related to what i had to say, so i said it right here. i started to use trunks instead of buu now and use the beans too, i die alot less often now.

ok, go ahead and ban me now, i probably wont be coming back here. its pretty stupid how everything has to be so strict around here.

i had something else to say...but i forgot. o well

Best answers
thats part of the problem, ok lets say Mr.X comes here and starts postign around, he'll find that many ppl don't like what he says and start falming him for either being a n00b or w/e. then he continues to browse around the forum and he sees that almost everyone flames everyone else. he then goes to play ESF and he suspects that someone is cheating because he is performing some advanced technieques, so he starts acusing him of cheating and ..... he will flame him. yes flame, why not if he just got flamed and it seems that flaming is the best way to dis people. this happens to everyone, and everyone starts to flame everyone else.

the n00b gets flamed in his first post, he gets mad, goes and releases his anger at ppl he plays with in servers, those ppl whom he had flamed come here and post about how stupid that person was, then some other ppl reply to him telling him to shutup because he is making a useless thread ect ect ect...... and the circle of flaming continues. and people get pissed off so they continue to flame others!

if people could just reply to n00bs nicely, telling them that many of thier questions/suggestions/ideas/watever have been discussed b4. without telling them that they are the most stupid and idiot person in the world because they can't see the search button or don't know that they can edit their posts.
or even better, answer thier question!!!!!!!! (which you will get tired of after a while)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good point. In either event only the mods have a say. Be gentle with people who post incorrectly... don't provoke them, you never know what they'll do, and it usually just makes my job a lot tougher.

What you did wrong, Heart, is that you didn't read the thread... this thread isn't about people being cheap in-game, it's about people posting on the forums calling each other names for it, which is exactly what you're doing. This thread is about telling people not to do what you're doing. Please stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom