Transformation Attacking

Best answers
I'm curious, but why is this considered a "sin"? I was always under the impression that you transformed faster so there would be less of a risk. To transform early gives a great boost in power, but at a cost of vulneribility. And yet, people claim it's cheating.

Perhaps it is just me, but I don't see how transform attacking is any different then attacking someone powering up a Final Flash, a Spirit Bomb or any other immoble attack.. except that the Transformation is now immune to meele. It can be cancelled at any time in fact, and without the possible risk of self-detonation that using a beam brings.

Why, I ask, should we allow people to get more powerful? The advantage of gaining more power level from fighting them is one reason, but about the only reason I see. They transform faster as the game goes on anyway. It's taking a risk to get more powerful, only the risk decreases as the game goes on. It also gives Krillin, Buu and Cell more of an advantage, because they don't have this risk, which makes the fact that they can only transform once both a blessing and a curse.

Now, I've asked this to people in-game before, and they say "because you can't move! It's cheap!" I've asked them why I can attack someone using a spirit bomb, and they rarely answer, and if they do, I only get the phrase "It's different!" or something similar. Now, I understand that a spirit bomb seems to be a bigger threat then simply transforming, but I personally think it's like saying "It's okay to shoot the guy with the pistol, but not the guy who is setting up the rocket launcher.". Can anyone clarify this for me?

Best answers
IMHO in this game everything is fair (well except for the SBC). They are trying to become stronger and u are trying to stop them like in lets say um..... a game I have played Jedi Knight 2 if someone is getting all the ammo and killing all the people with the rocket launcher (very hard to do actually) u would try to stop them and kill them. So this is the same with ESF as well u try to stop them from being stronger (sorry if there are typos)

Best answers
i personaly dont like it because, i dont do it, i like to be challeged, me vs a ssj = fun

and i get pissed off when they do it to me, even when i dont do it to them.... plus if u let them transform when eu kill em u get more power

Best answers
i always w8 for people too acend because i know when i hit them i will get loads of power...

and SBC isnt unbalanced its just spammed by noob players

and if they go to get me whislt i acend, well their aint a decend button for nothing... pop out of the trans tele behind himand pown him then go back to acending :laff:

Best answers
Okay, I can sort of understand the "If I don't do it to you, don't do it to me" part, but.. it still doesn't make sense to me. If I'm Vegita, and I never Big Bang you, should you be called a cheater or a newbie for Big Banging me?

Best answers
i never attack when peeps r transforming i find it a sort of respect for the other fighter...
i never go ssj unless i need to go ssj to defeat someone, like i was gohan the other dude was vegeta i easely could go ssj but i didnt cos he just joined in, we kept fighting each other until he went ssj at the same time he was ssj i turned ssj lol its just like in the series :D

Best answers
ImpATom said:
Okay, I can sort of understand the "If I don't do it to you, don't do it to me" part, but.. it still doesn't make sense to me. If I'm Vegita, and I never Big Bang you, should you be called a cheater or a newbie for Big Banging me?
well i wouldnt complain the whole ide of the decend button is to hop out of it to avoid the blast with a quick spasim of teleprts... ive only been killed 2 whilst transing and both times was with a disk

Best answers
Hey everything goes right??. And you said buu and cell and krilian have a edge on this cuz they stay tranced, well not rally. Because they are always tranced they wont gain as much pl after every hit or kill they do to a person, a character that doesnt stay transed gains alot more pl faster.

Best answers
I don't think that your a cheater if you go SSJ. Just because your not a newb doesnt mean your cheating! And it's still possible to kill a SSJ when your in your first form. I was Gohan and so was my friend. We were playing on LAN as new characters and she went SSJ b4 me. She used Kamahamaya(big word , cant spell) on me a lot but I just teleported away and powered up again then used a blue beam on her over and over then she died and I went SSJ.

So what I'm saying is that being SSJ when others can't yet isn't cheating but it is nice to let them go SSJ so it's a better fight. But it's your choice if you wanna be nice or play the game. Sorry for yaking off again but I wanted to post what I thought. :p

Best answers
if you can beat the person once they transform, let em and earn lotsa power.
if not, well dont let em get a huge power, speed, more ki attacks over you. in this case blow them to the other world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not that people consider it cheating. It's more of an honor issue. When someone is transforming they are completley vulnerable and that vulnerability wasn't cuased by me, so i don't attack them. In an FFA or team FFA i'll still get mad, but it isn't cheating. I don't care if you do it or not, but of course it's going to get people angry.

Best answers
Im with the honour stuff, I like repectful sportsmanship, I hate the cowardly stuff, where they kinda do it for frags, and not for the fun.
Besides, you get a challange from it if u want stay non-asended (or your not as strong as him yet to transform), and get more PL quicker :]

When I go to some servers, im always hoping theres people in it with good sportsmanship, i.e. you just joined a second into the server then get melee'd immediatly, without getting chance to type Hi or switch on yer scouter etc, not the best welcome to get :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think of it more as respect than anything else. If you attack me while I'm transforming, it's a slap in the face. Likewise, I won't attack someone transforming unless they are being a pest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually dont trans kill them unless they trans kill me. Then even after that they get all mad.

Best answers
-.-

Best bet is that the team purposely put in the transformation time to make you vulnerable.Your goal is to get stronger not let your opponent get stronger.

Honor issues??Its just a game -.-

I made a topic but noone posted in it because of the sad truth behind it....

EDIT : Shortened....

The price of power comes with the price of risk.

Best answers
When you are at a team u can just ask a gohan to put a shield around you easy transform but you still have to watch those damn n00b disks :laff:

Best answers
there not n00b discs....

back on topic, trying to transform at a early stage will OF COURSE leave u vulnerable but in that is motivation for u to get stronger and be careful were u transform... if it was cheating the team would have made u invulnerable while transforming

Best answers
i think that its ok to attack someone while they are transforming. its apart of the game and its only fair. if you want to transform then find a place to do it away from battle. i always go under trees to tranform if i have the chance to, and i trans kill people all the time. there is also the "x" botton that alot of people need to learn to use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ImpATom said:
I'm curious, but why is this considered a "sin"? I was always under the impression that you transformed faster so there would be less of a risk. To transform early gives a great boost in power, but at a cost of vulneribility. And yet, people claim it's cheating.

Perhaps it is just me, but I don't see how transform attacking is any different then attacking someone powering up a Final Flash, a Spirit Bomb or any other immoble attack.. except that the Transformation is now immune to meele. It can be cancelled at any time in fact, and without the possible risk of self-detonation that using a beam brings.

Why, I ask, should we allow people to get more powerful? The advantage of gaining more power level from fighting them is one reason, but about the only reason I see. They transform faster as the game goes on anyway. It's taking a risk to get more powerful, only the risk decreases as the game goes on. It also gives Krillin, Buu and Cell more of an advantage, because they don't have this risk, which makes the fact that they can only transform once both a blessing and a curse.

Now, I've asked this to people in-game before, and they say "because you can't move! It's cheap!" I've asked them why I can attack someone using a spirit bomb, and they rarely answer, and if they do, I only get the phrase "It's different!" or something similar. Now, I understand that a spirit bomb seems to be a bigger threat then simply transforming, but I personally think it's like saying "It's okay to shoot the guy with the pistol, but not the guy who is setting up the rocket launcher.". Can anyone clarify this for me?
I agree wholeheartedly. I never complain about being transkilled, and often times I've been known to use my transformation as a diversionary tactic. I usually don't bother to listen to that dumb rule...seeing as how you deserve to die if you transform in say, the enemy spawn area, or out in the open.

Many times though (most times, actually), I let the enemy transform, mainly when I'm having no problems defeating them in their normal state. This whay I get a good fight, and if I win I get better PL, and in general have a more interesting test of my ability.

Best answers
Personally, I Ki blob anyone I see transforming in the middle of the map or such. ^^ I expect the same to happen to me though, either as reciprocity, or just my own stupidity to have the hubris to show off my transformation. =P

Anywho, there's a reason you can stop transforming really, it's to smack down the guy throwin' Ki blasts, mouth blasts, etc. at you.

Though I think it's kinda a bummer that they got rid of the ability to Melee someone transforming. ;_; I always found it fun (also note, that it happened to me as well pre 1.1 , I did'nt mind actually).

My opinion/suggestion would be that if someone melees someone transforming, they auto-detarget that person. It's hard enough to recover from being meleed and counter attack, especially when you're waylaid and don't see it.

One gripe, however, i would have about being attacked while transforming is if it's a instant hit weapon. I've never had it happened, but I think it should be blocked rather than Melee, that and disks of course. (I think you should be able to deflect a disk with a powerful enough generic beam IMHO...)

Just my 2 yen. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom