Offline?

Best answers
Did you coders ever think of making an OFFLINE version of it? Kind of an adventure game? with little tiny pis ant monsters and big bosses,
Or a full scale adventure game where you can do anything from buying pizza to blowing up buildings.

I think it would be a great idea but take a great ammount of time

Best answers
This has been asked before and the answer is no there will never be a singleplayer ESF

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He didn't ask about singleplayer, he did about 'offline games' with ESF.

Like it has been stated before, the team doesn't intend to make a singleplayer game for this mod, but you can easily play offline, by going to MULTIPLAYER > LAN GAMES > CREATE GAME in your ESF. You will, ofcourse, need bots installed, unless you like shooting at the walls. =P

You can download and install the bots from here.

Best answers
He was talking about singleplayer check he wanted big bosses a full scale adventure game

Best answers
Want? I want nothing. I merely suggested that it could be made. Your willing to make an online version but to lazy to do offline? thats not my problem. Every person that comes to my house and tries your mod asks "Does it have a story mode?" and i have to say "No, they didnt make that part" and they say "Oh man, that blows" and i say "Yep"

You'd have to wonder how many people think that this blows cause there is no story mode. If Half-Life original had just been an online game it would have blown some cold hard a$s, HAlf of the game is story mode, thats what gives it such a...fine taste for games.

Your game is missing alot.

People are looking for cool fights and lots of nice scenery. But they are also looking for Adventure, and they cant find that by Spiking Goku into the ground 85 million times. Or shooting ki blasts at people. Some people want to explore and have fun doing adventure things. But they also like Dragon Ball Z. And apparently you just are too lazy for that.

But what do you think?

Orz

Best answers
Lazy? How can they be <b>lazy</b>??

You clearly have no idea the effort it took to get ESF as far as it is now. And it is not intended to be a single-player story mode adventure game. This is a fighting game. Learn to accept that, okay? If you buy an adventure game from the computer store, you don't take it back and complain to the salesman because the game's designers were too lazy to include a Trophy Bass fishing simulation.

Finally, this is a Half-Life mod, not a fully fledged game. The things you say are simply not feasible for a small team who are modifying a set of code designed for online deathmatches.

Best answers
When i download the bot in which directory must i install it?
In my cs directory???

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
this thread should be closed its going off topic
Don't spam acting like a wannabe mod, and more importantly: don't tell us how to do our jobs. Make sure you have a good read through this.

---

Primary question of the thread answered. If you wish to suggest something, use the Suggestions part of these forums. Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom