How do you play sounds when someone says something

Best answers
I know this is possible in other mods of Half- Life, but I was wondering if it would work with ESF and how to install it. I have the ESF metamod.dll and AdminMod 2.50.52. Thanks.

Best answers
Hrhrhrhr I think you played too long on the EVM Server gg. ??? Yes its possible if you want it contact us.

#cx2.evolution @ queakenet

Best answers
Sorry, I don't have IRC. I did some research and found an Admin Mod Plugin called Sank's sounds. I tried to install it myself but failed. Could anyone give me any instructions to install it properly? Here's what I did so far but it doesn't work:

1. I put the plugin_sank_sounds.amx file in my adminmod/scripts folder and pointed the plugin.ini to addons/adminmod/scripts/plugin_sank_sounds.amx.

2. I made a new folder in the esf folder name misc and put my .wav files in it.

3. I made a .res file for each one of my maps.
Ex.This is what I currently have in each of the .res files:

sound\misc\NEXTDBZ.wav
sound\misc\SSJ3.wav
sound\misc\destroyplanet.wav

4. I then put the SND-LIST.CFG file in the esf folder and typed in the misc\.wav files for the .wavs that I put into the misc folder.

Ex. Here is the setup I have in SND-LIST.CFG right now:

# TimeStamp: 20:38 December 28, 2001
# File created by: Admin
# Important parameters:
SND_KICK; 20
SND_WARN; 17
SND_JOIN;
SND_EXIT; misc\NEXTDBZ.wav
SND_DELAY; 0
SND_SPLIT; 0
EXACT_MATCH; 1

# Word/Wav combinations:
# The '@' symbol signifies an admin-only sound
ssj3; misc\SSJ3.wav
planet; misc\destroyplanet.wav

I know my server recognizes sank's plugin, because when I type admin_help 41 in the console I get commands like admin_sound_on and admin_sound_add.
When I set up my server and type in the sound triggers, nothing happens. Also, when I type admin_sound_help, none of the sound triggers are shown. Did I do anything wrong?

Best answers
You should use amx & the say sound plugin ;) that works much better than the adminmod bull**** ;)

Best answers
NOTE AMX IS NOT ADMINMOD, oh my God jsut read guys ;) ist really really simple to set amx up and the plugins for that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom