The one thing i havent heard about Transformations

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think the more transformations, the better. I think everyone wants this game to have every aspect and character in DB history. But people keep on complaining on how some people dont have transformations, like Brolli. Well, if they dont have transformations then they dotn have to transform!! Its as simple as that. And to keep things even, when you press the ascend button for the next formation you only gain power but you dont really transform.

I am a huge fan of this game and I cant wait until the next release. Please add every character possible!

With many thanks to the creators of this game,

Burton

Best answers
ummm i dont think EVERY char. possible... but i think they should focus on the game as much as possible now and then when there done with most stuff... if they wish to, add more charecters...but thats just me :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't there a limit to how many slots you can have with that TFC-style menu, anyway? I think it's 10 (9 + random)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
GMan said:
Isn't there a limit to how many slots you can have with that TFC-style menu, anyway? I think it's 10 (9 + random)
You can make the menu multiple pages by grouping characters.

For instance: 1st page has 1) Saiyans, 2)Earthlings, 3)Aliens, then if you click on Saiyans, you could pick from all the saiyans

Or group people by Saga, or however else you wanted to. My point is is that there is a way around that. Plus, if and when the game is ported to HL2 engine (ill pay to have that done!), that will all probably be changed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you actually paid them to do it, they probably would. Right now it's just a 'for-fun' project and they won't convert it to HL2 because it would be too much work.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
GMan said:
If you actually paid them to do it, they probably would.
Then i think everyone should donate money for the benefit of ESF and all of the players. Just imagine what all would be possible on the Source engine!! And it supposedly easier to work w/ too!

So whose up for donating money?

I AM!

Best answers
If ESF converted to HL2 engine, think of all the people they would lose because they too would have to fork out cash for HL2. I think its a good idea to keep the current engine. I like esf, but I won't buy another HL to play it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus, do you have any idea how ridiciously high the system reqs of HL2 are?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ultimate 17 said:
I like esf, but I won't buy another HL to play it.
However, wouldnt you buy CS2 or TFC2? One way or another, we are all going to have to upgrade to the HL2 engine, or Source engine. My thinking is that by the time the ESF guys get their hands on the code for the engine and are able to port ESF to it, i would hope that most people would have already purchased the game or mod of it and had systems able to play it by that time. I'm talking like a year down the road when ESF is no longer beta and by that time is being backed by VALVE, hopefully...lol.

Best answers
i just dont they are gonna port over even with money, simple as that.... there are STILL ppl making mods and playing Tribes 1 (inculding myself) so i dont see a reason for the esf team to port over to HL2 besides its there decisions not ours to bribe em over... for all they want they can go and shut down this mod completely.... but i hope and pretty sure they arent from all they have worked on :D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
ArchNemesis said:
i dont see a reason for the esf team to port over to HL2
I think that ESF has the potential to get backed by VALVE or whoever and eventually became a real game just like DOD did. Wouldnt that be a good reason to port over to HL2? If that happens, more people will be working on the game so that there is less work to be done by each person. I dont think any of this will happen anytime soon, but i feel that it is coming. There is so much potential with ESF and even more potential when you put ESF on the Source engine.

And about paying the guys, I would like to pay them just for making the game and all the hard work they put in it. I hope that they will continue this no matter what. The DB fans have been craving for a game that is exactly like the show, and ESF is it! :laff:

Best answers
first of all DOD is its own game not based of a cartoon but merely a thing in history.. to make money off dbz would i think put it in jeopardy so i really think it should stay and die on HL, on a lighter side i would also donate money but i have no credit card or anything of the sort...of course it would have a better source engine but still.... that means the whole team needs to buy hl2 and get used to using it its just not worth it

Force Pit Member
Best answers
And by the way...I am hurt that no body has welcomed me to the forums.... :cry:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well theres a sticky on porting esf to hl2. basicly it says that esf will live and die on hl1 because it would be to much work to convert it. anyways imo a dragon ball z mod wouldnt look good on hl2.

the transformations would be cool i guess but i doubt there gunna be in 1.2.

Best answers
tonjohn said:
However, wouldnt you buy CS2 or TFC2? One way or another, we are all going to have to upgrade to the HL2 engine, or Source engine.
The only reason I have counterstrike now is because my parents bought me the Half-Life platinum collection set for xmas because it was on sale. That set came with blue shift, team fortress, CS, blah blah blah.... I have never played CS or any other HL game/mod other than ESF. The only reason I play ESF is because my roommate played it and I was interested. I do not plan on buying CS2 or TFC2... hell, I dont even know what TFC stands for. o_O

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ultimate 17 said:
The only reason I have counterstrike now is because my parents bought me the Half-Life platinum collection set for xmas because it was on sale. That set came with blue shift, team fortress, CS, blah blah blah.... I have never played CS or any other HL game/mod other than ESF. The only reason I play ESF is because my roommate played it and I was interested. I do not plan on buying CS2 or TFC2... hell, I dont even know what TFC stands for. o_O

Exactly, you just helped me prove one of my points. A lot of people dont PLAN on getting them, but somehow they do just like how you got HL and esf. **** happens, and sometimes for the best, haha.

In regards to the sticky about how ESF will live and die on HL1 engine...the developers dont know. They dont plan on ever changing engines but something could happen that may cause them to port it over. You never know... ;)

Best answers
there's 1 little problem with getting ESF to become a valve backed product like tfc/cs/dod... that is the money they would have to pay to.... Funimation, Bandai, and the creator of the DB/DBZ series and the original DBZ japan company(i don't know what its called but work with me)... all in all that would mean Valve+the ESF team would have to pay all of them a certain amount just to use the name Goku... let alone every single character... transformation and item in the game... dreams die hard fast dont' they ;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
~Ender~ said:
there's 1 little problem with getting ESF to become a valve backed product like tfc/cs/dod... that is the money they would have to pay to.... Funimation, Bandai, and the creator of the DB/DBZ series and the original DBZ japan company(i don't know what its called but work with me)... all in all that would mean Valve+the ESF team would have to pay all of them a certain amount just to use the name Goku... let alone every single character... transformation and item in the game... dreams die hard fast dont' they ;)
Your right only to a degree. The only person who would have to be payed loyalties is whoever legaly owns the Dragonball franchise...not EVERYONE involved with it. And the money that would have to be paid may not even be that much of an amount, in regards to VALVE atleast, lol.

So my dream is still living :laff:

Best answers
I hate to say this, but ESF just might get blown out of the water by GHP if it doesn't add new things at a decent pace... but then again, I love ESF and all the hard work that goes into it. No matter how good it is, people just want more.

Best answers
*BEEP*

There is one thing very misleading about your opinion. The developers will have to pay licence fees to whoever "LICENCES" DBZ at the moment. So far it FUNImation.

And yes , this is my first post ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom