is it cs of halflife?

Best answers
heyas

im still trying toi connect to an online game adn im wondering whether i was meant to have installed esf into cs or half life folder
i have done it into cs at teh moment adn singleplayer (creating a lan game) works at the moment. But when i use the all seeing eye, it opens up halflife to conect to a game adn then it says...canot validate halflife (after asking me insert the halflife cd hundreds three times) etc etc.

so i have a legit cs and cdkey, but not half-life...
HELP!

thank you for your time
SSJ eNigMa

Best answers
well i'm not sure, but I think the mod is for HL and not for CS :)

Best answers
MEh, this is aksed over and over and over and over, read th stickies.

now u prolly have the CS retail version, if i'm correct you should install isf in the DRIVE:\SIERRA\CSretail\ dir, now esf will make his own folder there. now about the HL validation, i'm not sure, but i thought you should use the button on ASE (all seeying eye) under CS retail, there should be the ESF folder too.

WEll, if that doesn't work :S .. uhm someone else might explain it better, or just read the stickes it is in there somewhere, i recommon this board stickies and those in the help section.

Best answers
To make what Lost stated more clearer,

You can run ESF under any HL game which include: Half-Life, Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, and/or Blue Shift. Maker sure have the most recent version of you HL game installed or you wont be able to play ESF, you can find the patches here.
Once you have the latest version installed, when you try and install ESF, when you get the section for what directory should it be installed in, it should have already have in the box the directory of where your HL or CS folder is, if not install it to that spot:

Default HL
C: \SIERRA\Half Life\

Default CS
C: \SIERRA\Counter-Strike\

Default Blue-Shift
C: \SIERRA\Blue-Shift\

Best answers
Ok i have retail cs
i goto install esf.. it goes 2 my 2nd drive.. my d drive... dont kno y but it goes there where i have sierra half life lil folders counter strie and valve
where am i sposed to install esf..
i was also told to d/l half life and alot of ****ing **** it wud help if some1 knows wut teh fux todo

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have the retail version of CS then install it into that folder. when it is done installing, start up CS like you normally do and click either custom game or mod listing(forget which it is for CS)..

anyways after one of those, it should have a box on the right that has Earths Special Forces beta 1.1 or something similar to that. highlight it and click activate. then you get to play ESF!

Best answers
if u bought cs u should use that because the quality is extremly better and the servers arent as laggy. cs if u buy it has better quality

Best answers
thanx for all the replys guys, i have found out that the quality of cs IS better bu that unfortunately i have to use halflife as the only way i can conect to online games is through the all seeing eye, and that only uses half-life (it doesnt consider esf a cs-mod!)

thanx again every1
look forward to seeing yal online!

eNigMa

Best answers
)v(ajinbob, both CS and HL are built on the same netcode so both have the same quality, unless you mean the quality of ESF over CS.. in which case, that's your opinion :S

Best answers
Demi-Shadow said:
)v(ajinbob, both CS and HL are built on the same netcode so both have the same quality, unless you mean the quality of ESF over CS.. in which case, that's your opinion :S
ya i dunno, i had to reinstall esf and when i reinstalled i installed it to cs and it looked better its prob just the configuration for hl that i need to fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom