1.2 advanced melee

Best answers
I have a question about it, I've seen some of the pics PCJoe has uploaded, they have grappling moves which are great, most definately. But how will it be done? Will it be like the cartoon? As if the 2 warriors clashed on the screen so quick; that all you would see are glimpses of them? Or a little bit slower; but a bit quicker than ESF? OR, just a few new moves...(Sorry if this has been posted before; I was just curious, you can close this thread if I just asked the most dumbest question known to man.)

Best answers
Well since no one is answeing you i'll say i have no idea. lol.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is kind of one of those things that your not going to know until it comes out. It goes back to the "its out when its out" mentality.

Best answers
if you asked in the chatroom PcJoe would ban you for sure :/

Don't bother even asking one bit,because its going to be 100% confidential,check the bottom of that dev post.If there were people who knew,it would be the BTs and the Devs :)

Best answers
Is it me or did Natural selection 1.04 being updated to 2.0 faster, whats that word...lets just say completion ESF 1.0 is sure taking along while, with people on holidays and all

Best answers
to my speculation it would be half-lag proof,but that's just speculation

The only thing Im looking forward to is bug fixes,nothing in the world can beat stability :)

Stability is always first priority once its established :D

Best answers
Pure procrastination, they're not releasing any information of 1.2 (yet, don't know about later on). I guess we'll have to sit that one out.

Best answers
Okay, I guess that's most info I can get, to just wait. Thanks for your time guys.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol.....you wanna see procrastination? Check out SOS...or GHP....or even DMZ.

on-topic
I think, (that means im not sure), that one of them said that its gonna be different whether your in the air or not. On the ground you will go into grapple and the winner swings them around and sends them flying. But in the air.....i dunno :(. They said its gonna be different in the air but the out come will be the same (the swinging around thing). Hope that helps :D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, amazing!, that this thread isn't closed yet. I won't worry about, it soon will be, and you people are right saying, you will only know what it's like when it's released, untill then, just wait.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only reason we end up having to close threads like these ourselves is because people like those above keep posting with comments like "Wow, it isn't closed yet!" Just stop posting and it will eventually fizzle out... 1.2 is confidential. Why would they start talking about it before they've tested it to see if it would work? If they say they'll have intense grappling and then have to cut it out of the melee system because it doesn't work people would be pissed. Leave it at that.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it will kind of work like the beam struggling does. if you fly at each other at the same time, you lock up. each character has their signature melee moves as the meter goes back and forward until the stonger character wins and sends the loser reeling across the map.

it seems possible to me.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea its possible...but i dont think the team has the time to do that, IF they even want to.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Know what I'm afraid of?
That these 'melee struggles' will lead to PL over skill.

Afterall, if you enter a melee powerstruggle, there are only so many things victory can be based on..
Powerlevel, amount of times you click a button, number of kills..etc.

So, I'm not entirely sure I'm looking forward to this "Advanced Melee" thing. The system right now, you can defeat a person who has 20,000,000 powerlevel, even if you only have 500,000. That's how I like it.

I don't want a system where, -just because- you only have 500,000 you lose, no matter how skillful
a player you are.

Anyone share my concerns?

Best answers
The team already knows this and are already trying to address the issue (Developers always know most of their stuff)

And no PL does not beat skill,because this new melee system will not be masterable in under 12 hours unlike before,and PL only affects damage and defense values :/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, I think you misunderstand what I'm saying.

PL can't beat skill -NOW-, (Well, unless the person has 999mil and kills you in one hit,)

I'm saying.. in 1.2, if when you hit, you can enter a Melee Struggle, victory in said struggle, would depend on any number of things.

If your victory in this struggle depends on powerlevel..

Then it's one step closer to melee being dependant only on a higher powerlevel, which is what I said I was afraid of.

I'm not talking about 1.1.

Best answers
The thing is that the grappling,the throwing and all you've seen in pcJoe's dev journal,is just a very small bit of 1.2 melee,and of course not everyone goes for a headon

And if a person who just joined a game likes to headon,well....it's his fault for trying that knowing that everyone else on the server has 2 or 3 times his PL.And also you gain PL after death (if the server has it on BTW,and it will most likely)

And I know what you're talking about,maybe pcJoe is going to code in different kind of struggle system from that of a PS/BS,but as Hibiki says,don't criticize a game you haven't played yet :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, I think you're just plain wrong if you're suggesting I'm _criticizing_ the game. I was ASKING if anyone else shared my concern.

You deriving that as "criticism" is astounding, to me.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Man....lighten up a bit man. You seem as if every1 is attackin you. Just chill :cool:.

And no...i do not share that concern because i like the fact that you win by powerlevel rather than anything else because it's like that in the show. It gives a more 'realistic' feeling to it (for me that is. I know DBZ aint real). Think about it....If im stronger and faster then you and we're fighting (no weapons) shouldnt i win?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom