Prematurely Closed Threads

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should be a way for the original creator of a thread to petition to have a thread re-opened. The moderator should at least be required to give a reason for closing a thread, especially if it's not a flame, and the answer/discussion isn't over!

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Darn mods. :p

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Threads are closed because of one of many reasons. Some of which are: to much spamming/flamming, questions have been answered, thread is really old but people still post in it but posts are completely off-topic, thread is completely useless, thread will cause problems, a question already asked before or thread already created before.

If you have a problem with having a thread closed and you think it was closed unfairly contack one of the admins (Cucumba, Deverz, Majin-you or myself) and ask them to review it to see if it should be open again or not. But make sure it does not fall into one of the reasons a thread is closed as it will remain closed.

Best answers
Yea, I was wondering why the EVM thread was closed. Is it because the ESF team doesn't want any competition?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think my 'Evolution Mod Screenshots' thread should be reopened, because I was planning on posting more screenshots.

Best answers
One would imagine it's against forum rules to advertise a rival mod; that's usually been the case in the forums of other HL mods I've taken part in.

I could be wrong though.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to post pictures of your mod then do it on your site please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that´s true if you think about it...
for example i post screenshots of a very cool mod.people look at them download the mod and because it is so cool they only play this mod and not esf anymore...

And because of the evm screenshots...
Just go on the evm server and wait there are always guys like me using kaioken and all that stuff

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't consider EVM to be a mod in the sense that ESF, DMZ are.. It's more like 'AdminMod' and 'AmxMod,' except it really really sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don´t think it sucks it´s somekind of pre version of later esf versions with all the transformations and stuff

Best answers
OK only to say this, the SSJ2 Transformations you saw was only the first try of it and we saw too, it was to big. So we'll change it a bit. Cause of this please dont flame on evm until it's released !

Thx Orca
EVM Project Leader

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, look who it is. Orca.

The person who continually tells people, like Vegeto,
"Attack me and you get banned!"

Then you attack the person.

Do you expect that you're just going to attack someone, and they won't attack you back?

Also, you continually wonder, "Why do people ask about Kaioken? I posted it in the server notice!"

Well, maybe if the message wasn't scrolled down by a HUGE LOGO that says

CLANMONSTER

People would actually READ, not to ask about Kaioken.
Did you ever consider that?

P.S.: You might want to look into getting better soundclips then 'KAIIIII OOOOOOOOOOO KENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN' from the original dub of DBZ, the one whose voiceactors were all 'asked to leave'?

Evolution Mod will NEVER be as good as real ESF.

Best answers
Do not make it personal on this thread,take it through PMs.

You know what happened to whatever mods that prematurely threads alot got?They got relieved of their job,and that's it.Those who successfully do their job keep it,and I don't see anything wrong the mods are doing because I myself was a forum admin once,so please do not undermine their judgement.

EDIT - Your thread was closed due to flaming.Comments like they are damn ripping are considered a flame.And as stated in the AUP,flaming is NOT within the forum rules,not even a MOD for ESF.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if saying that something isn't good, is necessarily flaming, then what the hell-let's bring total censorship! Everything must be said is good, because even slight criticism--that's flaming!

Retired
Best answers
no, criticism isnt flaming, if you have an arguement for it.

example:

"That thing you made sux" that would be spam and a flame. so instead say

"Hmm, the pictures on it dont really match, try changing blending modes to make it look a bit better."

those 2 things are totally different.

and on a general note: Mods have a good reason when closing a thread, and a mod always shows a reason with why he closed it.

Retired
Best answers
I dont know who closed it, but I think the one who closed it should have said why (tho its pretty obvious with that thread, you should put pictures of your mod on your own site). but I will look into this.

Best answers
ah now I see why the mod closed the thread

CX2 clan has their own forums,post your feedback there :/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Rave, I don't really feel like navigating my way through an incomprehensible german site, that even with the aid of Babelfish I cannot comprehend.

The intention of my post was to quell the people's interest who continually ask about SSJ2 in EVM servers, and to show people that those, who themselves CLAIM to be Team ESF's rivals, aren't really that much of a 'threat' to ESF's popularity.

I was praising Team ESF, not advertising EVM.

P.S.: Judge, EVM is (thank heavens) not MY mod.

P.P.S.: Going to bed now..more on this tomorrow if people choose to respond.

Retired
Best answers
hehe its a simple thing: dont post things on these forums about other MOD's, no matter if its a MOD for ESF or if you're praising us. and 2nd I dont care if you made the mod or not, you are the one who created that thread.

*I think all the questions are answered and its all being looked into, keeping this thread open will result in flaming and confusion. so closing it down. I believe that is reason enough to close this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom