ESF Videos--The Real Story

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello, I am wondering how to make movies of ESF,
and I HAVE checked out the other threads, they do NOT answer the question.

People say 'record', 'stop,' 'playdemo,' in ESF, and yes, you can make videos inside of ESF, but that is only where you can view them!

esf_STRYKER Super Moderator said, to look in the archives for Mastasurf's method of doing it. I DID, and the link is DEAD. It doesn't work.

This is the link, if you don't believe me.
http://www.esforces.com/~team/tutorial/hlmovie.html

Since that link is dead, I'd like to know how to turn the ESF Demo files into a playable movie using Windows Media Player or Real player.

I would have posted this on the Stickied thread, but esf_STRYKER closed it, leaving only leads to a dead link remaining.

Thanks for any and all information regarding this matter.

Best answers
i want to know that too, for a friend of my see.... plz explain.....

Best answers
EASY! Well first you record the demo...which you kno. Then u'll have to do gg "name of demo" and once it starts type startmovie in console. then once the demo finishes close HL and look inside your ESF Folder. you'll have lots of .bmp images. Now you'll have to get a Fast Movie Processor such as VideoMach.

Once you have that you'll have to open every image into that Program. Then you could make it into a .avi or any other format. And im not sure about the sound...i have to look that over again. Im thinkin u'll have to get a Recordin Program to Record the Sound while you do the startmovie part. Well...thas how u make a DEMO playable in Windows Media Player or Realone Player or any other programs.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um..you're joking! Argh.. I don't want to have combine 500 bmp files, with a seperate, non-sychronized sound-recording.. O_O

There must be an easier way!

Best answers
nope thats the only way...
if u wanna make it a bit easyer just add music instead of the ingame sound.
i made a 2min counterstike movie and it took me like 4 hours to make :(

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try CamStudio, you can record your monitor screen and savve it as .avi (im too lazy to correct the word save) its way too laggy though

Best answers
errrmm Alea the link is a 404 :(

Anyway just like the others said,you'll need a movie making program and the demo,startmovie....

well,just about everything Naruto said :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try Geekplay and after that use vidoemach (you should find both on google)
With geekplay you just open the demo and it splits it inot bmp´s or jpg´s. after that use videomach to convert them into a movie file and add sound or anything else

Best answers
Isn't there an .avi converter that Mr. Satan advertised? or... something?

Ok, i'll shut up... :fight:

Best answers
if i'm correct u can shoice how u want to save it, meaning you can save it as a .avi too.

now i tried this once, a movie of 1 min got like 45 mb, bit big. dunno what psjoe's page link sais but i would try to convert the bitmaps to a smaller type, .png or .jpg

Best answers
LoL...i shoulda noticed that ~ in the Link. Makin me type that whole Post for nuttin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom