Banned list erased after devil appears

Best answers
Ok, well I have my lil' banned file for adminMod in the ESF folder and it displays all my wonIDs and IPs that I have banned. Well everytime I add any wonID's of devils after he crashes my server, it seems that all the other banned info is erased. I'm sick of having to make new entries every time he comes in. for some reason its every time he crashes my server, the banned file is empty again... is anyone else having probs with this?? And if there's a fix, lemme know.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I'm not mistaken he's using a little hack he picked up from the myg0t website to exploit a hole in Half Life servers and erase that file. Just back up your information (write it down on a piece of paper) and put all of it in when you start back up. If you can't do it out-game then I suggest you find all of the wonIDs you can for Devil and put them all in by hand at the start of your server. Next time he crashes it write down that wonID on paper as well. Rinse, repeat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can simply copy the file and rename that. :p great backup..

Also I should go check this but I think HL CAN link to another file for banning with command lines.. yet again bout this I aint sure.

Best answers
Its a HL bug.
Put writeid at the end of your server.cfg

That will write out the banned.cfg every map change.

Best answers
I know exactly what you are talking about, the banned file always does this to me on the server at my work(internet cafe). It may be possible to just right click on the file(banned.txt or banned .cfg whatever it was called)go to properties, and make the file readonly by checking that check box until further additions to it need to be made. This should probably work.

--Justin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I copy the info from banned.cfg and place it into my own ban config files that I have load on map change / server start.

Best answers
Make it read only... I do that with my config files, I once had some *** nanny script **** up my CS binds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom