Melee Combo's Tutorial

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Whats a combo?
A combo is an advanced usage of melee. Combos include the usage of melee and teleporting used together to increase the damage inflicted on your opponent. Combos are rare to come across because not many ESF players have the melee and aiming skills to complete combos. A basic combo would be, Melee your opponent to the ground or in the air, then swoop and tele (if needed) towards them and complete another hit on the opponent before they have enough time to recover from the previous blow. More experienced ESF players will use more technical and more advanced combos such as 3 hitters, 4 hitters, and even 8 hitters. IMO grOOvy is the all time best combo master in all ESF, he has master aim and skills which make him the best.

Now here are some basic and advanced combo tutorials.

2 Hitter's:
There are many ways to complete a 2 hit combo. These are the most commonly used and most basic of all combos. Here are a couple examples of 2 hit combos;

1) Melee your opponent to the floor, as they are rolling swoop towards them and melee them again into the air before they can recover.

2) Melee your opponent in the air, tele + swoop at them and as they hit the ceiling and start falling down hit them again right back up. (This can be changed into a multi-hit combo if used properly)

3) Melee your opponent against a wall, swoop under them and melee them up before they recover. This can easily be done by hitting them into a wall, swooping, then while in mid swoop turn off fly, free fall under them, then swoop up and melee them.

4) When your opponent spawns, swoop and hit them if there on a cliff, then, as they roll off swoop at them again and melee them down, by them rolling off it slows them down therefore giving you the chance to swoop and melee them again.

5) Swoop into a head on with your opponent, if you win they will be flung back, as they are thrown back tele straight at them 3 times very fast while holding your melee attack button. If done correctly you will have hit them again causing double the damage.

6) This is a complex combo known to few as the cork screw. With this combo you start off by hitting your opponent up into the air, as soon as you hit them hold jump while quickly hitting teleport 3-4 times, this should shoot you above them, then as soon as you are done teleporting aim directly down at your opponent and swoop down to hit them back down. This is a very effective combo and can be done reversed. Instead hit them down, hold your defauly swim down button, tele down then swoop up and hit them.

Basically 3-8 hit combos are stretched out forms of the combos above.
Examples:

3 Hitter
Head on your opponent, tele towards them 3 times hit them, tele towards them 3 more times, hit them again.

4 Hitter
Melee your opponent to the ground, swoop, hit them up, tele above them hit them down, tele below them and hit them back up.

I would suggest practicing the 2 hit combos till you are good with them. Also, dont hesitate trying out new combos of your own. Thats why I like melee, its a system that is open for me to make up my own combos and attacks. Some good words of advice when learning combos, practice your aim and teleporting skills, and dont ever hesitate to pull off a combo, if you mess up try again, if you pull it off then congrats :D

I will record demos for each combo I talked about to make it easier for you guys to learn these. I hope by me making tutorials for melee more of you will get out of your HOWing stage and start trying new moves. Feel free to comment or suggest new combos I would be delighted to see what others came up with :D

Peace,
-EviLCHiMP-

Best answers
ok for real this is 1 i pulled off

My 4 hitter
First hit my oponent up and jump and teleport up and past them and hit them back down, when u hit them down they fall slower(sometimes) then i teleported straight down and got them again b4 they hit the ground and i droped out of flight and hit them up again.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The most I've ever done is a 5-Hit combo.. Start off low-elevation..

Hit them onto the ground..#1.
As they're rolling on the ground, swoop and hit them again.#2

This hit makes them go straight up in the air. Swoop up after them, and hit them into the ceiling..#3

Then, as they come down from hitting the ceiling, hit them, they should go straight across (horizontal)#4, then teleport rapidly towards them, and hit them the final time. #5.

If you have a significantly higher power, (say 1-2mil) over them, and you have turbo on while swooping, this very-well can kill them with them having no chance to react.

P.S. Sorry if my method isn't really easy to visualize.. But try and see.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hmm that 3 hitter you told is verry hard to do when u bove swoop if you stand still and then block and then hit him its way easier to do

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yeah it helps ppl but dont get frustrated when it dosent work keep practising...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The one im about to tell you is extremely percise and u need to have marksmanship aim to pull it off. The most that ive done it was 3 times. Lemme explain:

First hit opponent straight forward. As soon as you hit him tele like to times, but you gotta make sure that when you tele...your like a few feet above him. Then you hit him down to the gorund and as hes rolling you hit him up and yada yada yada....

Its so hard to pull off but its fun to try.

Best answers
EviLCHiMP said:
5) Swoop into a head on with your opponent, if you win they will be flung back, as they are thrown back tele straight at them 3 times very fast while holding your melee attack button. If done correctly you will have hit them again causing double the damage.
This is not possible. You can not do a combo like this off of any kind of swoop-hit. What IS possible, as Timasta said, is to normally melee someone, which will send them flying at a slow enough rate for you to perform a 3-tele hit, and if you still have the ki, another 3-tele hit. If anyone has a demo of them doing this with any kind of swoop-hit with only 3 teles, I would love to see it.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ForeverZero said:
This is not possible. You can not do a combo like this off of any kind of swoop-hit. What IS possible, as Timasta said, is to normally melee someone, which will send them flying at a slow enough rate for you to perform a 3-tele hit, and if you still have the ki, another 3-tele hit. If anyone has a demo of them doing this with any kind of swoop-hit with only 3 teles, I would love to see it.
Au Contraire, that is very much possible. Let me describe it properly:

You hit someone in the forward direction (easier when you're not swooping and hitting while standing or dropping), and when they are going away from you, teleport forward multiple times with right click pressed. If one of your teleport stops just infront of behind of the other person flying away from you, the right click connects with the player and hits them. This is even harder to do in 1.1, since the hit detection system has changed as compared to 1.0, but this is very much possible.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
foreverzero that was what i thought tried it a couple of times in 1.0 i thought nah that isnt possible but i tried it som more en 1.0 and it workt ...

Best answers
combos? i must try it, unfortunitely i cant practice whitouth otre player, beouse i havent bots

Best answers
Thank you EvilChimp..

I bet you help out alot fo confused people how things are done. (me)

you could just keep it to yourself, but you didnt.
very respectible.

/me does happy dance for no apparent reason.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"5) Swoop into a head on with your opponent, if you win they will be flung back, as they are thrown back tele straight at them 3 times very fast while holding your melee attack button. If done correctly you will have hit them again causing double the damage."
You can see this is a lot better if you start up a lan game. Theres no ping so you can see that you can definantly tele in front of a person you hit. I've teleported in front of ki lobs and spirit bombs as well.

Best answers
From my experience, any type of swoophit sends the opponent flying too fast to teleport into. Maybe I'm too slow, but I doubt that compared to the people that are posting around here (minus the god of combos).

Best answers
Drake Master said:
combos? i must try it, unfortunitely i cant practice whitouth otre player, beouse i havent bots
you can download them from the files section, or look in kazaa. ;)

Best answers
nice,I like this thread,I've managed to pull off 2 and 3 hitters,but never 8 hitters,due to ping issues :)

BTW,ForeverZero,you could try remapping your teleport button to one that is easier to rapidly press :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well I am glad my tutorials are actually helping people.
Here are some techniques you can use in game also.

1) As your opponent is swooping towards you to head on you as they get close teleport straight up once then quickly aim straight down and swoop, if done with correct timing and aim you will hit your opponent straight down to the ground.

2) Many people have asked me how when they are swooping at Bi0 and other ESF players that for some reason when they go for a head on with them they get hit up, they think its a bug but its not. What you do is you must have your mouse sensitivity set between 12 and 18 (go in console and type "sensitivity 16"). THen when you are going into a head on with your opponent, when you are close enough and while in your swoop, aim down then sharply up right when you come upto your oponent. If done correctly your opponent will be hit up into the ceiling.

3) When meleeing, ALWAYS try to hit your opponent from the side, try swooping around them, under them, above them, and then sharply turning and hitting them in the back. If you do these types of moves you will be looked at as a skilled esf player, not a HOWer.

4) Never block in a battle unless you are fighting more then 1 person at the same time.

5) Be a good sport, if you get pissed at someone for HOWing just pity them and leave, or just beam the **** out of them so they will leave =P

6) If you want to get better dont fight bots, because bots dont make mistakes like real people do, fighitng real people who are better then you is more effective because you can ask them how they did a certain move and what not.

7) When in a melee battle if you melee the person a good distance away or onto the ground dont hesitate to ki blob them or beam them with a generic, doing that will end the fight quicker.

8) Always keep manage of your ki, dont let it get lower then the second number of your PL. Ki management is the main factor in winning battles.

9) My final technique which is my favorite, TAKE NO MERCY AND GIVE NO MERCY hehehehehe

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That mercy thing is my weakness....and thats y my skills are deteriorating. Everytime I fight some1 thats not as good as me, I always playaround. I do it so much that i dont notice it when im goin against REAL players.

Anyway..I've successfully completed every combo that you have explained here. It was fun, I actually sat there and crossed out each one(cuz i printed it out). Thx for the tips, hopefully I'll be able to rival SnS one day......:tired:

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EviLCHiMP said:
2) Many people have asked me how when they are swooping at Bi0 and other ESF players that for some reason when they go for a head on with them they get hit up, they think its a bug but its not. What you do is you must have your mouse sensitivity set between 12 and 18 (go in console and type "sensitivity 16"). THen when you are going into a head on with your opponent, when you are close enough and while in your swoop, aim down then sharply up right when you come upto your oponent. If done correctly your opponent will be hit up into the ceiling.
You just told everyone my favourite trick, bah!

It's always fun to do that, as the other person thinks that you are hacking or 'disobeying' the beta 1.1 ki system as they know they are on higher ki. Well the ki thing only applies for a head on (both people swooping at each other). But if you go down and hit up at them, it's only your hit that registers, and that is not a head on, but YOUR hit only. Thus, the question of ki doesn't come in, you will always win. =]

*remembers the past*
It was fun seeing Lynx's reaction when he first saw me do this. He was like "how the .....". Good old times, =').

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom