stupid shield attack

Best answers
in esf 1.2 take the shield attack out or fix its server crashing error!!! i can't stand noobs coming into a server when every1 is ssj and using the stupid shield attack cuz they didn't know that it would crash the server!!!

IF U CAN'T FIX IT, JUST TAKE IT OUT!!!

Best answers
Me neither. I think it's a difficult attack to use, however, and I rarely bother with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will crash if the beam fired into it is too powerful.

Best answers
i think its a lame attack like the one that was in bfp where gohan shoots off all that blue energy. It should be replaced with something else.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not really an attack. Its meant to be a protective shield for your friends as well as yourself. It's nice if your co-operating because someone can put the shield around you while your going ssj (which i haven't seen in the tournament). I haven't seen the shield crash the server but I have seen discs do it from time to time. The worst is that discs seem to cause client side crashes commonly.

Best answers
i love the attack and its never crashed on me...

who says they cant fix it if there is a problem. plus if it was a continuing problem ( in more than one verson) i could see your angry, but there no need to get angry

and as they say

"If its not broke dont fix it"

Best answers
not to mention it doesn't crash as much as 1.0,heck in 1.o the shield was close to unusable :/

but I think it should just be nerfed a bit,not taken out of the game.It is indded a cheap move,but that's also one of his unique attacks :/

Best answers
I never got that attack anyway. I'd absorb a full kameahmeha, hit right click to fire it back and some ball would come out. Then when it hit something, the explosion radius was less that noticeable. I just use it to ward off the 2 on 1 noobs when they get annoying.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use it to be an inconvenience at times, lol. For example, someone could be breaking their back trying to find a good spot to fire a fully charged Final Flash from, and I will leap in at the last second and turn the shield on. Plus, if he stays motionless, I will launch the ball at him, and it will most likely murder him in a devilish combo =]

As for crashing, it's never really been a problem for me. The only time I've seen the shield attack crash a server was in 1.0, haven't seen that happen since.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When someone uses the shield attack I just stand there keep trying to melee him until then I hit him muahahah :D .

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone uses the shield and your trying to break it just throw ki lobs at it. As soon as one goes through switch to melee, target, teleport to side (because hes going to try and throw it at you), and then attack. The shield attack isn't a good thing to use if your using it just for the hell of it. You have to do something like majin you is talking about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone uses shield i either try to blow it up or cry and switch to piccolo for eyelaser. :D

Best answers
well i find sheild attack to be one of the best attacks in the game...it sure draws attention but at a ssj level have your friends launch final flashes and kame's into it and then fire it around the enemy spawn point i once covered the whole map (IN RIVERSIDE) with this attack. But i do almost never use gohan and the sheild attack..another fun thing to do is when a enemy gohan is doing a shield run up to him if your a gohan and right bu him so a shield....you start in a direction battling with your sheilds i guess but sometimes you can get em stuck or get them over to your side of the map hehe

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have seen it crash just as often as any of the disc-related problems.

This is all irrelevent anyway, guys--this should be fixed if it crashes the game AT ALL, for ANYONE.

I have a really strong computer, especially for Half-Life, and many a time have I been disconnected...and witht hose last few moments of laggy mouselook...seen a shield attack floating off on the horizon.

I don't know why it crashes, I just think the problem is everyone sees two final flashes, two kame's, and a spirit bomb all in a power struggle, and decide to try and absorb the whole thing and throw it back for a nice fat 6- or 7-kill money shot, not realizing that if the shield absorbs too much power, it kills the server. And I wasn't alone any of these times--when I came back the whole server was cleaned out and reset. 16-person servers, on more than one occasion.

A good way around this would be to make it collapse just before that level, but ehh...the team can deal with it.

The other problem of course would be that many people will try to use discs to defeat the shield user, thus crashing the server anyway.

If the team could post specific instructions on what aspects of these items crashes the game (such as charging the disc too much, shield absorbing a multi-PS, etc.) so that we can better avoid crashing the servers, that would be very nice.

I mean...telling a kid who loves Gohan or Krillin or Frieza not to use their respective signature moves ingame on the MOTD just isn't gonna help, but maybe an explanation of the moves' limits might work better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is still in it's beta stages, bugs are prown to be in there, ofcourse most bugs will be fixed, there has never been one program with out atleast one bug. All you really have to do is wait.

Best answers
sheild doesn't crash for me..., but disk on the other hand, when i charge it, and it reaches it's maximum size, it crashes my ESF =\

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We aren't interested if the shield crashes your computer, we're talking about your server, and trust me, every official server, and the PT servers, and every other server I've been in has issues with the shield. Issues such as: If a shield is thrown into a ki blob = crash. If a disc is thrown at a shield = crash. If the shield takes a beam that's too large = crash. Even if it works for some of you, the fact that it crashes entire servers makes it a public issue, and the fact that new people don't care if it crashes the server make it a personal one. I say they take it out until they can fix it, because it's just dumb to leave it in knowing that it either works or crashes servers 50/50. Who wants to take that chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom