ESF Tournament

Best answers
Hey Heineken here! I hope admins don't consider this spam, this is more of a really fun, and original idea, and an oppurtunity for all ESF Players!!

Most of you may know the server [EvO] Power Struggles, it is usually the server with the best ping, it is located in Simi Valley, California (Close to LA). It is also the server with "amx mod", and other great mods like the funny "chicken mod", and "fireworks mod", and my favorite, "jedi mod". It is a really fun and fair server if you look for more then just, KILL KILL in ESF. Anyways, as the Web Director and 2nd Ranked Admin, I am changing a few things about the server. First off, the name.. it will now be known as [EvO] Tournaments or we may be considering changing the clan name itself... but nothing's official. Now the main event... the idea that came from my head is completely Original and the first on ESF... you may have already guessed it.. ESF TOURNAMENTS. I will be publishing the [EvO] Web-site tomorrow, (well today if you count 1:45am as "today"). But I'll give you some insight... these tournaments are Professionally run, I am the director and over-see Every tournament, I do not compete. There are strict rules and breaking them comes with harsh consiquences (sorry for my poor spelling ;) ). The tournament requires a $3.00 Entry Fee for all contendee's. First Prize is $25.00 and a Free slot in the next Tournament. 2nd Place Prize is $5.00. The rest get a "Nice try" :shocked: So, I've already invited a few top Clan Leaders and there are limited slots available. So I say to you, "Come, be one of the FIRST to take part in EvO Tournaments!! Everyone will receive a personal virtual post-card created by me in Flash MX, as a memorobilia as this tournament gets big!"

[EvO] will be the Home of OFFICIAL Tournaments, where we GUARENTEE you orginization, professionalism, and fairness. If anyone else tries to knock off the idea, just know we ARE the original. I will post back later with updates, (link to the site, and also whether or not we are changing the clan Tag)

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST TOURNAMENT, E-MAIL [email protected] AND REQUEST PERMISSION TO TAKE PART IN THE EVENT!!! SEE YOU THERE!! :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
bah another u.s.a tourney wow a price that sounds cool to bad i cant give 3 dollars entree :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mine winning that $25. But since there is a fee involved... NO. :)

*I don't even think this is allowed.. :scared:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"[EvO] will be the Home of OFFICIAL Tournaments, where we GUARENTEE you orginization, professionalism, and fairness. If anyone else tries to knock off the idea, just know we ARE the original. I will post back later with updates, (link to the site, and also whether or not we are changing the clan Tag)"

Actually if I wanted to say it I could call you on being the knock off. I've already hosted tournaments. Allthough I think its cool when people try to organize tournaments and things saying that all other are knock offs kind of irritates me. I host the tournaments for fun and the only thing I ask in return is an up beat attitude.

Best answers
Actually I've been hosting Tournamets since the first public Beta because I saw the game had more to it then just Killing Killiing, but now I'm doing it with a Cash Prize, and I make no profit on it, I have exactly $30 worth of slots, so $25 goes to 1st place, and $5 to 2nd.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said I think its cool that your hosting a tournament for the community but calling other tournaments knock offs is just plain rude.

Best answers
ok so it is rude. but when i join these tournaments or just overlook them to compare them to mine, i cannot help but to notice the unorginization, the lack of control, its just like going into any other server... the thing that irritates me on esf, is the servers where its only about KILL KILL, no fun involved, it sucks. You have to have some kind of orginized battles. In my Tournaments we turn it into an RPG too... I want to make the game as fun as it can be.. so I do concider them knock offs because we've being doing tournaments for a LONG time, our first server was =SF=, then [EvO] Power Struggles, and in effect at about 4pm it will be called [EvO] Tournaments

btw ur maps, they are awsome.. I am currently making a few maps. 1 I am really proud of, its a dojo, the other is a dumb idea, but itd be fun if u can catch dragon balls when someone tosses it to u, because i made "Dragon BALL" a sporting event like soccer... lol. now i want to make an exact map of the World Tournament, all the ones ive seen are ugh, not like it at all.. the closest its come that IVE seen is the one with the blimp, the bigarena.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you must understand that for some people your type of fun isn't fun for them, some people like the Killing aspect of the game, and hate when people try to get all RPG-ish.

Best answers
Don't see how RPG-ing couldn't be fun... but whatever. Like I can see my cousin, he's 6, he likes to just kill he doesn't care, but if you're smarter than that and care for more then you definetly don't want to just kill non-stop. I dunno what crowd I am really going after, I am 18 and maybe that's the crowd it appeals to, dunno?

Anyways, sorry I didn't mention this earlier, www.di.fm is on the True2Trance Sets, you have about 45 minutes left 'till it ends!!!! They were the best Trance Mixes ever...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would luv to join the tournament, but if i need to pay for it? no thanks, ill organize a little tournament my self, with some friends and other ppl that join a server, more fun, cuz u dont have to pay, and also more fun, cuz ppl will then not argue (im dutch, sorry for bad spelling) about: "NO I DIDNT HIT THE GROUND SO I WIN THE $25!!!"

i dont even wanna think about paying money for a tournament plz.....:S

Best answers
::In complete disgust:: ><

Hey, if you don't want to join the Tournament, please don't post... you think we wouldn't know if he hit the ground and got a ringout??? We have 5 Judges watching from all angles, and usually when you bounce off something and make a big **BLAST** sound, usually means you hit the ground... and this Tournament isn't meant for people who can't handle 3 dollars. Jeez, go take those 3 dollars and buy yourself a small soda at Magic Mountain.... oh wait, a small soda is 3.25 +tax...

Anyways, not mad at you or anything, just don't come criticizing a well thought-out idea. Since you're from Holland you have to like Heineken right?? Best beer ;)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, about this tournament & thread:
Going.......going.........going.....GONE!

The next post will explain why. =]

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid I am going to have to close this thread and ask that the tournament be re-planned.

ESF is a non-profit game, and to make money off of a non-profit game/group is VERY unethical, not to mention in might very well be illegal in some form, since ESF has no DBZ liscence from Funimation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom