!!!

Best answers
I wish you wouldn't be so quick as to close the thread, at least let me present another question? I wanted to know if it was LEGAL. And I don't know if it's only you or the entire ESF community who sees it the way you do, but it's friggin annoying and makes u seem unaccepting of any ideas. Just answer me the question above please.

Best answers
Ur not getting it. Listen u cant hold a tournament for ESF players and charge them cuz Esf is a NON i repeat a NON profit mod. And also Hsu just explained why. So plz PLZ stop making new threads about just 1 subject that was answered in the first one. Now you could have asked the Mod/admins that question WITHOUT making a new thread. No doubt this one is gonna be closed too. Also its considered spam. There question answered..

Best answers
and btw, no, no question NOT answered actually. I asked if it was legal, not about ur opinion or if it was nonprofit, its not like the esf team is charging, i am, and its at players own will to do so or not. so who died and made you forum moderator anyways?

i still forgive ur behaivior, i can see y some ppl have to depend on ppls ideas so they have something to criticize

Best answers
Im not a mod if i were i would have closed it but im not..Im just saving them the trouble of having to explain it to you more than once. Ok in my opinion i dont think its Illegal but the fact is that no one will join it becuz u r charging us just to play in a tournament which is kinda lame when we can have Scorch set up one just as easy WITHOUT the charging of money. here is what Hsu said and i quote "Closed. Making money off of esf is looked down appon. That is why this thread and your other thread where closed." Btw dont double post there is a EDIT button on the bottom right of each post, use it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its illegal to charge for anything related on somthing like dbz, if you do, funimation would come crashing around you and sue you until you die. ESF is allowed to relate to the dbz part because they do not gain any profit at all from this work, if they wanted to, they would have to remove all the dbz characters, most of the sounds, and several maps. Because they dont want to do that, also they know that HL is gonna die and they shall not take it any further, there is no point. Anyone making external profit from the mod will cause the mod ot be shut down, somthing so rash causes esf to be very strict about money related things. this should and will answer all of ya questions.. lol

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aye, Shijing just said it. It is NOT legal because you are charging for a tournament involving a non-liscenced DBZ game. It's why ESF doesn't charge anything to allow people to play it. By involving entry fees to an ESF tournament, you are setting up a very fine line between what is legal and what isn't, and I'm not sure the team is willing to walk such a fine line and risk getting the mod altered or shut down.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can charge someone to host a gameserver, but you cannot charge for players to play on that server. It's part of your Half Life EULA, you do not own DBZ, the modification, or the gamecode it's built on, thus you have no legal right to collect compensation if you host the server yourself. The only thing you can own is the computer that runs it, thus you can charge yourself to run it, but that's counterproductive isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom