Damn Blockers

Best answers
I know for a fact that it prob agitates all u meleeing peeps when they block. Dont get me wrong blocking does help but too many peeps block too constantly. Shouldnt make it so that u hit someone they block, but they cant block again. I mean in Dbz the series its ususally just block once and thats it. Im still a noob so i might not have a D@mn clue as to what im talkin about but if im onto something write back.

Best answers
Actually, they block many times, if you're speaking of melee they tend to block/dodge in close quarters.

Best answers
well u should also have noticed that in dbz they dont always hit them head on, they tp and hit from a diff angle...maybe u should try that..?

(i know they dont tp in the cartoon, but i cant say "move really fast" cause u cant move that fast in the game and...he might not understand. he did call himself a n00b afterall)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only people who complain about blocking are the people who dont have the skills to get around blockers

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very very true hib. Just swooping at them and hitting there side. This way you'll keep going. After you've got the very very easy down on that teleport right after you hit them. Keep swooping, hitting, teleporting. No blocker can withstand it and you are doing damage to them.

Best answers
Not to mention you can fake your swoop,teleport behind them and kick them in the back,most of the time they'll expect you to be above them.

To me they are no problem unless they have very quick reflexes and a high mouse sensitivity,but I still get around them

Just remember that when you hit him when he blocks,immediately teleport to the side and strike,he'll not be quick enough to react

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You DO have time (unless you're trunks, for one reason or another) to teleport after hitting someone who is blocking your attack before they can respond. That is, of course, unless you are unprepared.

Granted though, blocking is incredibly annoying at times, particularly when I am on a roll, killing right and left, and I run into someone who always seems to know where to turn before I swoop. I *do* think there should be a stronger restriction on blocking, as far as that after taking something along the lines of 4 consecutive hits without letting go of block it should cancel block altogether.

Best answers
Okay, I noticed when you said that you can fake a swoop and tele behind the blocker, then hit them from behind. Sometimse I see people who are in the process of swooping and tele at the same time without even stopping, now am I wrong or do not know how to swoop+tele quick enough?

Best answers
I still have yet to figure out why people are mad when the person they are fighting block all the time.... think about it.. when they block they stay in one spot and if they just sit and block just keep hitting them over and over till they die.. i look at it as a free kill when some one sits and "trys" to block me..

~{ape}~SSJPanther

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see why it would be annoying if you were on a roll and didn't expect to have to teleport, like I said, but as things stand right now people have to get the **** over it. I'm absolutely tired of these threads. "I hate blockers." "I hate head on whores." "Transformation attacking." This is the game you guys play. You installed it and you chose to play it so stop complaining about it. The team already knows people are pissed about certain features and *****ing about it as though you've got nothing better to do wont make the team change its mind. People need to take the whole game into perspective and not just 1 guy that pissed them off in 1 room, 1 day for 1 or 2 maps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amen, Sonic. Too many people drop in here after getting beat by one guy doing a cheap move and going "omg so many peeps how/block/script omg omg."

Stupid as hell. A blocker still takes damage, anyway...and being a fan of Vegeta, I enjoy going totally bat**** and hitting them once...teleporting back...hitting again...teleporting back...hitting them again. 9 times out of 10 I kill the blocker because he doesn't even realize that he's been losing health all that time.

I look at blocking as an EMERGENCY solution...times when I can't teleport out of the way. Cause when you really get down to it, there's no real offensive capability after a block besides a counter. So I almost always dodge so that I can keep my opponent guessing and keep on the attack (much like they do in the show). But there are some people that do whore the block.

I think Sonic's idea would be a good way to fix that, though. hehe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone block just act like yur backing of and suddenly teleport behind them and bam hes flying!

WORKS 4 ME!
It does,, work.

Best answers
ha, dont forget if they really get under your skin doing it over and over you always have the lazers or disc's to go with. then you can laugh as tey call you things such as cheap or n00b. Just dont do it to a skillled melee player ot your boned, then again a player with any skill wont be sitting mid-air blocking 24/7.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, how can you complain about blockers? they are the easiest prey by far, they're motionless. How hard is it to attack teleport away, and attack again? Everytime i encounter a blocker, it's like a reward.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
mh.. i heard that counter block whas fixed in 1.1 :\

Best answers
it was for the most part of it, the sword can still insta-counter

Best answers
This is kinda of a useless topic seen as the melee will be completely changed.. as it should cause with all due respect to the ESF team, it REALLY sucks right now.. :S
It's fun the first few times you play the game, but gets boring really fast...

HOWing is one of my personal hated flaws in it.. and i know some bigshot hardcore ESF player ( :rolleyes: ) is gonna show up and say "you should just find a way around it", wich is possible, but it shouldn't be possible to exploit these flaws THAT deeply in the first place...

So let's just cross our fingers and hope that the beta 1.2 melee system will put an end to all this and actually have some kicking/punching/ other technique than teleporting and swooping in it.. :laff:

Best answers
This version of melee was never meant to be the final one. The team had to somehow implement swoop-hitting, and this is a perfect system for that. However, the main core of DBZ fighting is done by up-close kicking and punching, which the team well knows. I'm sure that the next step is to implement that fast-paced melee action that we all are craving. This is only a beta patch, not the final product, so of course its not going to be perfect...

Best answers
I find KI attacks useful...its like everyone forgot that KI Attacks are a major part of the game and series....Like I said before its not Virtua Fighter(of it was I'd pwn you all...just warning ya lol)

basically for every overused strategy, theres a HUGE weakness. Take CS for example...you know the map well enough, you can take out campers without them seeeing you. So just keep playing and have fun, no need to get frustrated about it, even though times its hard not to.

And damn it let people Vent their anger out, if something frustrating and you want to vent it out on the forum how would you feel if they say "ah FFS! I heard this over 500 billion times" If the moderators dont like they can close it, or simply dont reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom