KI's Connection Sprite/Code problem

Best answers
I've come to notice when I was a spectator during a PS, that the KI's alignment was quite.. awkward. I went into a further investigation and some Dr. Peppers, and come to this conclusion. When you add more KI to your beam the ending Ki Sprite doesnt enlarge, but more of an invisible sphere around it forms (hence the huge blast from the tiny beam). IF someone launches off a beefed final flash and someone catches it with a puny kamehameha, this is the result, the beams dont connect, they move back and forth about 3 in. (on a screen not ingame) from each other. This is kind of an eye sore now that I noticed it. But now to the question part. In 1.2 are they goign to make it so the ending sprite of beams will enlarge when you put forth more KI? or keep with this invisible sphere stuff. I drew my best on Paint using vast tools and countless seconds to illustrate what I see. (Beware: This content is not suitable for the artistic people)

**Edit: OK So i did some research on everyone's sig's and saw you saved them as .txt so i did to and heres what we go hope it works :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, i've seen the gap between two psing beams, but i never knew there was an invisible energy sphere. Maybe it's a small step of whats to come.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still can't see the picture.. O_O

Best answers
hang im im trying to find a good host to hold it, any suggestions? you REALLY wanna see this hott picture I can gurantee.. muahahaha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually, this is very well thought out, nobody has actually pointed this out in such a formal manner, i give you an egg for that *passes egg*

not looking at the pic, i see exactly what you mean, BUT if we happen to add the beam enlargement thing, it will get horrificly like dmz's powerstruggles where the beams swallow up the map.... maby a size restriction migh sort that out, but really, goo point, and i hope its fixed in later versions >_<

Best answers
Yes!! very good observation! DMZ's sprites do enlarge I completely forgot about that.. since i havent played it in like 6 months cuz the powerstruggles dont work right. But you have a good point, I remember that I would get in a MASSIVE PS where the beams would make the whole map turn white. But see in DMZ you slowly gain back stamina (which is used to make Ki beams bigger for some reason) and in ESF they dont have a stamina bar and you are constantly losing KI from flying. So ultimately it does have a limitation unlike DMZ. But if you look on the flipside, if you arent flying you slowly gain KI. Its just a matter of the way the DEV wants to deal with this. Persoanlly... I think they should have some sort of sprite when two beams clash to make it look like the more powerful beam is breaking away at the other one. (If you've watched the series you can see how Goku would get his ass kicked, then come back at the final minute and the two fighters would fire beams at one another and Goku's would stay in the oval shape and the other persons would just start to disburse around the kamehameha. Very COOL!) I'm sure there is bound to be a way to make this possible on the half-life engine. Just has to be done with concentration, time, fun, and Dr. Pepper.. booya

**Edit: OR THIS! If you are on the ground when you are in a PS elimnate the KI regeneration all together.. I've seen many stalemates like this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason they mos tlikely do this is so it's easy to see when you fire the beam at a target in front of you. People want a bigger final flash, but you wouldn't be able to aim it if you can't see anything!

Best answers
That brings me to my next conclusion.. Crosshair.. There has to be a way to find a person more easily when they are only 1x1 pixles big on someones screen. Anyway I personally like how the beams get bigger, once your in a PS doesnt really matter if u see the person or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, its easy enough to add a ps related sprite anywhere, mainly the centre, just create a POV there and make it activated at the same time as the PS bar. The only problem would be that when to kiblasts hit, the same sprite would emit there, but i suppose its possible to point out certen attacks to no use it, would be cool to see a death ball and spirit bomb collide like that :rolleyes:

but thinking about it, you could use the same coding as the beam enlargements, so smaller beams get smaller collusion sprites and visa versa. thinking about limiting it, your right about the whole ki bar thing, pretty much balance it out, or even better, just add a limit to the size, (aka: 1/4 of the map) that will keep it cool yet have its limit :]

Best answers
very well thought out. And yea 1/4 of the map would still be awesome and playable for other ppl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom