Why?

Best answers
I give props to the ESF team, they made a great mod. However I must say I really am not liking the game. I'm a noob, I dont care about that, but what really gets to me is the people that play this game and the complete lack of respect for fair gameplay. I see all these threads about people learning how to play, but how can you when there are these high and mighty experienced players all on one team just preying on the new guys? You say something to them and all they have to respond is stuff like "you shouldnt talk, your owned easily." Well no freaking kidding, I said I was a noob but all they seem to care about is putting down the new guy. I just came out of a game where I was the highest score on my team with 5 and 25 and the other team had such "honorable" people as SNS ForeverZero going 30 and 5 (there were 4 people with similar scores).

ForeverZero justifies this as saying that I should be able to get out of my spawn and own anyone like him. How can I do that if I don't even get the chance to learn how to play this game? I try to exit my spawn only to have 3-4 people jump on me, thats even if I can get away from the people sitting there waiting for us to respawn.

If this is how this game community likes to play, then you will eventually drive away any newcomers to the community and give the game a bad reputation. Sorry for the huge rant and the bashing, but its just something I think needed to be said. Thank you.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found myself in a similar problem after 1.0 came out. I played it, but left it for a bit, came back to playing it to find that people were phenominally better than me. My solution: I fought with the best, used the 1.1 bots, and learned the ropes on my own. The bots are suprisingly useful in that sense.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly, Welcome to the forums. =)

Don't get discouraged by people like that, Atol. Although on one point, I must strongly agree with you. I know a lot of people, and unfortunately, some of them my friends too - who just act egoistic all the time and they only care about getting high scores against beginners. And I personally am starting to hate such people who are such a disgrace to our community and are only thwarping it more instead of establishing anything positive.

But let me assure you that althgough you'll find people who put you down, there are a fair number of us who actually help out people. Play in servers where you don't find such conceited oafs. You'll find it easy to get along with the rest and you'll see yourself improving greatly by playing with them. So no worries, just ignore the odd balls and I hope you have a great time with this mod. :)

Best answers
Whats really hard about that is finding servers where its not so laggy that its unplayable. I mainly play on the esforces.com servers which are ok in this respect but they are down right now. The other "offending" server is the PT clan server where all this stuff goes down.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can say that my server is watched a lot (by myself). If I come in and see this kind of attitude happening its squashed quickly. I don't put up with people putting others down. Right now we're actually in the process of allocating bandwidth on our new isp so your lag is going to be a little higher than it used to be in my server but I think its about equal to the pt server.

Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
I can say that my server is watched a lot (by myself). If I come in and see this kind of attitude happening its squashed quickly. I don't put up with people putting others down. Right now we're actually in the process of allocating bandwidth on our new isp so your lag is going to be a little higher than it used to be in my server but I think its about equal to the pt server.
What is your servers name/ip? I'll head there and check it out.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scorched Earth
216.158.170.10:27015
No one in there right now but usually when there are two people in it, it will fill right up :)

Best answers
I don't understand how flaming like this is allowed to take place. I, just like you, am trying to get better at the game. Just because I -might- be a bit better at meleeing, does not make me an *******. Little ayotte was the one going on about owning people. All I was doing was discouraging the use of insults such as "spawn camper". At what point do you people begin caring about fairness when all you do is Spirit Bomb and Finishing Buster others? When you interfere in 2v1s just so you can get a measly hit in, what sort of fairness are you referring to? I'm only human, all it takes is a few people on your team to break the rules of "fairness" and cause me about 5 deaths in a row before I snap and go ape style on everyone I see. I'm sorry if this is discouraging you from getting better, and I officially apologize if I hurt your feelings. I don't mean to be an ass to anyone in the community, I wanna be seen as a friendly person. I just spent 5 hours today helping some 12 year old that I didn't even know learn the game. So please don't make any more posts like this, at least about me.

Best answers
ForeverZero said:
I don't understand how flaming like this is allowed to take place. I, just like you, am trying to get better at the game. Just because I -might- be a bit better at meleeing, does not make me an *******. Little ayotte was the one going on about owning people. All I was doing was discouraging the use of insults such as "spawn camper". At what point do you people begin caring about fairness when all you do is Spirit Bomb and Finishing Buster others? When you interfere in 2v1s just so you can get a measly hit in, what sort of fairness are you referring to? I'm only human, all it takes is a few people on your team to break the rules of "fairness" and cause me about 5 deaths in a row before I snap and go ape style on everyone I see. I'm sorry if this is discouraging you from getting better, and I officially apologize if I hurt your feelings. I don't mean to be an ass to anyone in the community, I wanna be seen as a friendly person. I just spent 5 hours today helping some 12 year old that I didn't even know learn the game. So please don't make any more posts like this, at least about me.
I'm not here to debate why you did whatever you did. I've had my one on ones interrupted by you on a few occasions. This was not brought up because of how good you are at meleeing, cause you were at our spawn just blastin big bangs and final flashes at everyone too. I don't play as trunks, I rarely play as goku, you didn't hurt my feelings, just lost any respect I might have had to begin with. You boasted about how good your clan was to me a week or so ago but your actions say otherwise and if anything, put down your clan. I'm not here to point a finger at you, just making note since you were the most recognizeable person there. If you want to whine and cry and get all defensive then maybe you should think why this was even mentioned in the first place.

Best answers
ForeverZero said:
Just because ur a godly melee'r trying to get better, doesn't mean you have to go smashing newbs to "get better" Melee isn't the only part of the game, and it takes a lot of fun out of the game when you join servers, and make it your duty to melee the crap out of everyone in it. I've noticed your attitude in servers as well, and I personally think you should just lighten up a bit and have some fun every now and then. If you really want to get better, you should fight the more experienced players, like those in your clan, and other elite clans, instead of picking on newbs.

Best answers
I'm not trying to argue here. There's nothing wrong about having fun every once in awhile. If I'm supposed to be bored out of my mind every time I play ESF, then I don't want to play. Most newbies aren't concerned with respect or fairness or anything anyway. So before you go making a post for all of newbie-kind, talking about respect, and honor, why don't you look at how many good clans are left standing, and then ask yourself why. I am again apologizing to you for whatever I did. I don't like flaming and arguing. So just drop it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ENOUGH. You shouldn't have named names, Atol. You should have responded looking for sympathy, not blood, Zero. This thread is not an excuse to ***** back and forth at each other. For God's sake, look at how many other threads there are for people to talk about how much they hate each other already.

Look, don't expect the community to play fair. Don't expect them to let you transform, don't expect them not to sit back and wait for you to come at them to melee you. Don't expect them all to come to the forums and read this thread either. A noble cause, trying to change the world, but the world doesn't change so easily. Threads like this are more about you and one or two other people than the entire community, not as though the entire community would listen anyway. Next time use PMs or try to sort this out well outside of the forums...

For now, cut out the flaming, and the bickering. The topic is the community at large, not ForeverZero, even though you used his name.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always found it amusing to pop into a server where there's a mid-level experience player owning the newbies, and bragging about it. My little sort of justice is to teach him a lesson, even if he'll just respond to it by insulting me, calling me a HOWer, a noob, etc..

P.S.
I've always found it extremely amusing when you beat someone, they call you a noob. (So they're saying they lost to a noob? Can someone explain that to me? @_@)

Best answers
Indeed, you shouldn't of starting pointing people. grOOvy also didn't, and I believe you can guess who he's referring to back there. I myself am playing ESF quite alot, and still enjoying it. I'm playing because of fun, it's just that noobs bother me, why? Because every server gives me 8 n00bs that "know" me inside-out and call me a hacker or anything near that.

By that time I'm thinking like: Wtf do you think you are? I'm playing this for 7 months and you're coming in saying what I should do, and after that flame me for hacker/cheater. Although I shorten it with "stfu". And besides, what makes you say all that about this ForeverZero person? If he even plays like that, live with that and go on. I'm always around their spawn too, might even do spawnkills sometime because my attacks shatter half the map. Not everyone started as elite melee player, they had to WORK for it, you might want to do the same thing.

Like you've mentioned, all this is is whining, moaning and crying about a noob who gets raped in each and every way. Host your own server and get better step by step, play esfbots, they are quite a training in the start.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
killing noobs is fun.... if they call u lamer cheater hacker and stuff it will only make u own them even harder then usuall and u gotta understand i play esf for fun not to be command by som pricks that call u lamer and all that sorta things

Best answers
i dont understand why ppl own newbs?

when their is a good player on a server owning newbs it realy ****** me off so i make it my mition to beat the crap outa him and let the newbs ki blob him to death...

after satasfying my fix... i then attack the player with the higest PL even if its 10 times more than mine... and if he is a luck newb id move on...

i dont see wats so hard about this... and if they ask help for god sake HELP THEM dont mele their asses every thime they say how do you swoop or how did you do that etc...

ok rant over :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
although i may not be as good as groovy or foreverzero or lynxy, i too do my share of n00b owningz. suprisingly its a lot of fun to simply be the best at a server and own everyone. im glad im not as recognizable as lynx though, i dont think i would like people "knowing" me when i join a server. but if im beating a server full of n00bs and one of them asks me for help, i will usualy help them out if i have time. then again.. i wish some of these people would just sit down and read the manual, hell u dont even have to read it, ITS A VISUAL MANUAL!!!!

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whenever I join up someone knows who I am. I enjoy this. I only play as well as I need to in order to win and have fun. I try and make it fun for everyone in the server. I always go hit every person thats charging a beam to encourage them to learn how to melee as new people don't realize that its the heart and soul of esf. Once in a while I get a kid join up that will be pretty cool but not really know how to play. I teach them a few things and they own all the annoying kids that join up. Its all good for people to play a game competitively but they shouldn't do it in a way that takes the fun out of it.

Best answers
Lynxy said:
Indeed, you shouldn't of starting pointing people. grOOvy also didn't, and I believe you can guess who he's referring to back there. I myself am playing ESF quite alot, and still enjoying it. I'm playing because of fun, it's just that noobs bother me, why? Because every server gives me 8 n00bs that "know" me inside-out and call me a hacker or anything near that.

By that time I'm thinking like: Wtf do you think you are? I'm playing this for 7 months and you're coming in saying what I should do, and after that flame me for hacker/cheater. Although I shorten it with "stfu". And besides, what makes you say all that about this ForeverZero person? If he even plays like that, live with that and go on. I'm always around their spawn too, might even do spawnkills sometime because my attacks shatter half the map. Not everyone started as elite melee player, they had to WORK for it, you might want to do the same thing.

Like you've mentioned, all this is is whining, moaning and crying about a noob who gets raped in each and every way. Host your own server and get better step by step, play esfbots, they are quite a training in the start.
Like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom