The Good Ol' Days

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess im the type of person who likes to look back at the past. what this mod used to look like and how it used to be. Remember when it was just beams and krillen and gohan weren't even modelled yet. we all chilled here at the forums all trying to make a prediction on how the beta was going to look like. Tepus and FM were side kicks of spam and were constantly getting banned. but they were giving like hundreds of chances to come back and stop. the modz were constantly closing threads about "when is the beta coming out?" ss_vegeta and mr smo always had a great new model to post and cheeseman was still around. cuc and cheese pwned everybody (they still do :) ) and it was all about dbz and what was like the anime and what wasn't.

we used to argue over what characters should be in and when we played on a server if someone's pl got to a certain point and they powerstruggled with someone the map would crash. we used to balance the powerstruggle back and forward on purpose for like 10 minutes and then let it go and the whole server was nuked. i miss those days.

remember the original cell games, it was the smallest map i ever seen and it was pretty much vegeta who would win. most of the people would big bang spam and we would all start *****ing at them. goku used to look like a cave man and his hands looked like they were stiff. some sort of cupped position. i'd laugh my ass off if someone posted a pic of him on this thread.

this game has changed a lot. ask anyone who has been here since the beginning. we need to have a alpha 2.0 server party sometime. i think it would be really funny.

Best answers
Yeah thoes were the days. Back when melee was just punch and kick. I remember people chasing other people around trying to punch them, but ended up anoying them. People would get a huge PL then their beam would take out everyone on the map oh that was fun. Then only people with the ssj pack could see other people with the ssj pack and the rest of us saw a grey picolo. Freeza's finger lazer was chargable, you could just snipe people with it. PS's were fun , you could drope down or just detonate the thing :fight: . Trunk's had FF, I usally owned with him. And ya could add stuff to a ps just to make the explosion bigger. And you could select buu , but he only had a ki ball attack.

picture time

OH no some bees must have stung goku's face. :D

Looks like grampa tryed to use the microwave again.

OMG look at my pl :p

Best answers
hehe, I kinda liked those sun explosions, unfortunatly I joined shortly before 1.0 was released so I didnt get to see classic that much.

Best answers
Ok, Goku looked REALLY bad back then...

But WHY THE H*LL DID YOU TAKE OUT THOSE EXPLOSIONS!!?!?!?

They look really cool! :D
Make it so that people that are way above server average PL have their blasts exploding like this.. :yes:

Best answers
hehe.. i diden't start playing the mod until 1.0.. but Sentient is right.. the explosions did look cool back then:p

Best answers
remember when ppl would let u charge up to ps them >_< those were the days not like now =\

Best answers
w00t! what can i say? Beams! Balls! and Discs!
yep that pretty much sums up the attacks we had back then.
I remember an evil discouraging bug where if everyone on the server died, it would reset your powerlevel.
Of course before Alpha 2, there was the SUPERSECRETCODETOBECELL you could use all the attacks.
That was before Cell was a selectable charactor. Remember the how different the auras used to look? or how they used to jump off of you in earlier versions? And the early maps: Desert Arena, Cell Games, Namek, Nameks End, Kamis Lookout and my favorite, Pepper City.

Back before there was a decent melee system, when transforming into a Super Saiyan was just a dream. When Krillin, Gohan and Buu weren't finished yet. There were no ki blobs, there were no HOWs, there were no dragonballs. Those were the good ol days. its times like this I get all emotional :cry: heheh j/k

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, damn, its a shame i joined the insact day when 1.0 came out.
but only months later i joined the forums...
never played the alpha...
but those explosions look soooo cool.

Best answers
i used to play that alpha but i just got the ssj pack thing a few days before the beta 1

Scruffie

S
Remember before there was even a trunks? Remmber 1.5?

It was real crappy back then... beams were blue diamonds folowed by blue trails, and it was only Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo.

You're remembering the good ol' days as only a year ago... I remember it back in 2000!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wee... the explosions were the HL base ones, dodgy, but i had to adamit the old beam explosions looked more decent with the flashes, but i guess thats a small thing now with the s3xy new melee system X_x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i especially loved the melee back then :D running around kick'n stompin inside !! the arena missing every kick/blow and if u did hit someone it only drained 2/5 hp ow the memories :D

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
pfft.. i still cant believe how obvious they made the super_secret_code_to_be_cell. I remember back when Vegeta was god. Everyone complained about him. I remember when alpha 2 first came out everyone was all ":eek: OMFG THIS GAME IS SO GOOD!!!". Just wait till beta is outdated and we all look at it and laugh.

Best answers
OMG!!
SM!!
!!!!

* Kame-Haka lix SM

Sorry cant get into the chat :p
Anyway, yeah I miss beta a lot. But the new melee system wasnt all I thought it would be. The older one had its pros and cons, and so does the new one.

I remember owning everyone on cellgames until that cellgames2 map came out -_-"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the explosions and beams better back then. Especially when you PS'ed.... I don't think the trails overlapped and stuff the way they do now. It kinda followed the ball like it does in the show.

But seriously... those explosions rocked what the hell were you guys thinking :laff:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a lot of servers used to crash because of the beam intensity during a power struggle. it was cool but the game was very unstable.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
*sits in rocking chair while talkin to his grandkids*
Aaaahhhhh......the good ol' days.

I remember when you were able to teleport through beams and if you were to block it it just blows up without taking any damage....Yes it was fun. And ofcourse the explosions were beautiful. My fav. map was Pepper City. Thats all i can remember right now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom