ESF beta 1.2 question

Best answers
hey does anyone know if in the next release if you can add on models, rather then keep replacing? I searched and found 0 results (obviously lol) any way a simple answer would be good ^^

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, as far as I know, the team has no intention to allow the addition of new characters to the game. You can only replace existing ones with different model/sound/sprite files.

Best answers
As far as I know they are only focusing on Melee and Bugs...Nothing concerning adding characters..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's possible in the HL engine to add players/ attacks without coding the dlls/ using anything like meta mod ... but I'm not sure

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt that will ever happen to be honest. Basicly what you are saying is making a mod for esf.. that's the only possiblillity I see for your idea.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's possible, I think even I could code it... Do I want to? No :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think it would be annoying even if it was coded in, like in JK you could get new chars, but you would need to find a server that also had those chars in order to use them.

Best answers
Yes, that would be quite annoying. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If only Steam Hadn't screwed itself up when I had to Rinstall my OS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
It's possible, I think even I could code it... Do I want to? No :)
even you could code it ??? then it has to be really easy :devgrin:

no ... I thought in BFP ... you just downloaded a model pack and you could choose much more players with own attacks (which haven't been in basic bfp ... not evensimilar), transformations and blah ... and I don't think you can do something like this in HL ... the only thing you could to it, changing some things like color, speed, power, chargingtime, deattached, controllability (???) ... and not add completely new attacks ... (but I'm not sure)

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Nretep said:

no ... I thought in BFP ... you just downloaded a model pack and you could choose much more players with own attacks (which haven't been in basic bfp ... not evensimilar), transformations and blah ... and I don't think you can do something like this in HL ... the only thing you could to it, changing some things like color, speed, power, chargingtime, deattached, controllability (???) ... and not add completely new attacks ... (but I'm not sure)
yea in bfp you could make costum models just by editing the attacks file..it was pretty cool i still have a model of me, with lightning around him and own attacks.. it was really cool.. and easy... joe please make it for the next release (after 1.2)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only new char in beta 1.2 will be adult gohan!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh Plus "New" Attacks In Bfp Are Just Different Looking Attacks

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
bfp is weak they dont even look like dbz chars...the old version of bfp looks better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JoeJustJoe said:
Oh Plus "New" Attacks In Bfp Are Just Different Looking Attacks
exactly they arnt new at all just the sprites are changed

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep said:

Don't start with me Nretep, save yourself the humiliation ^_^

All of BFPs custom characters / attacks were all VISUAL changes. It was just a different model with different FX on the same attacks. You're still playing as goku/vegeta/piccolo/whatever, just with a different model and some new FX.

And you can do it in HL, but this wholes thing sounds like something hars would do.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Don't start with me Nretep, save yourself the humiliation ^_^

All of BFPs custom characters / attacks were all VISUAL changes. It was just a different model with different FX on the same attacks. You're still playing as goku/vegeta/piccolo/whatever, just with a different model and some new FX.

And you can do it in HL, but this wholes thing sounds like something hars would do.
you could CHOOSE ur weapons.. RiO01 did that for me once in bfp..he asked me wich weapons i wanted and he putted em in my model...
joe if you have bfp i could send my model :O

Best answers
Chester I see you are a coder right....well i dont think it would be that hard to make a program like that in which you can just combine some sounds, models & sprites to each other and then put them in one of the maps of these members!!! Replacing then might not be possible but creating a 'new' char would be!

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Chester is right u know.

U can change the attacks in BFP.

Like the speed, homing or not, damage, splash damage, the size.

So in BFP is it possible, but as PcJoe stated he`s to lazy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom