fighting MONSTERS?

Best answers
Is it possible to fight monsters?? By switching the Mp_allowmonsters to 1 and goin to a level like xen or black mesa (xen is c4a2) can u fight monsters? its probally not possible but we went to c2a4 and the minute me and a player walked in we heard a monster spawn and tried to find it..... he died by something unknown a little later and thats it but mp_allowmonsters was set to 0!!!!! strange! but something was there! I THINK! If this is possible i wanna go to the biggest level and get a whole bunch of peops and make the Earths special forces save the uh umm... BLACK MESA from BLOWING UP!!!! =D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well i remember reading sumtin about this somehwere else and every time the monster killed them or they killed the monster the game would freeze up and crash

Best answers
well it killed my friend we think and it didnt freeze but i could see why i mean would it take a few million shots or 1 because the codin is different or somethin? I just remember hearing it spawn i never saw it though

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u wana nuke a garg with a big bang? lol

Orz

Best answers
I did a little checking into it. You can hear monster spawn sounds, as the automatically spawing sprite appears and plays noises when it's triggered - but the monster doesn't appear. That accounts for the spawn noise you heard.

I have to agree, though, it would immensely entertaining to play through regular Half-Life as one of the ESF characters. Mp_allowmonsters doesn't seem to enable the monsters in ESF, however. You'll notice that scripted event monsters also make noises and play sounds, even though they aren't actually there.

<center>
</center>
<center><i>Nobody around to say "Morning, Dr. Buu! You're needed down in the test chamber!</i></center>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, that's great.
I know there are some mods that allow spawning of monsters on maps with certain commands, not sure which mod though, I've seen it in a few servers.

Best answers
Well it is possible to fight the HL monster in ESF. It's a script completly server sided. Too bad you can't melee them :rolleyes:

Best answers
yea, on a mod called Svenco-Op, (www.svencoop.com) on some servers you can spawn some monsters like this:

/console
sv_cheats 1
create monster_< monster name >

and that monster will apear infront of you, but you can only put in the monster if its already in the map, otherwise it will crash because it cant copy the entitie

reply to blacksheep:

no, i dont think it would work for cs, unless you try it on a sp cs with retail.

reply to necro:

i dont think it is possible to, because the codings are different

ZuL

Best answers
I have no idea why no one has named this already...

There is a plugin, dunno what it is called, but let's call it monster mod for now. It is for adminmod, so you just have to search around for it. Then you are able to spawn and precache monsters on any mod, but there may be errors prevent it from working on ESF. So just visit the adminmod website, find the plugins and search around for "monster", and you may find it.

Best answers
Nobody around to say "Morning, Dr. Buu! You're needed down in the test chamber!
ROFL :laff:

i pretty sure wizard wars let you play co-op in the half life singleplayer, might be worth going to their forum and searching around.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correct zul, the plug in is floating around in the server chat section right now. From the sounds it isn't that hard to set up if you know a little about what your doing.

Best answers
i tried sumthin like this on firearms. spawn a load of marines in da middle of the map, then came and shot them up. u find this monster plugin on botman's site (u know the hpb bot guy dontcha). well it was there last time i checked a long while ago.

Best answers
sounds cool i gotta try it well thx guys! dr.trunks we gots snarks at test chamber two need some help here!

Best answers
Well if you download botmans Monster mod thingy it can spawn monsters but i dont know if it will work "correctly" it can crash often though. Go to http://www.planethalflife.com/botman/monster.shtml ****************************************************** Well it doesnt crash much but This is Great For all you server admins also monster mod can really lag the server in esf or crash it but mostly it wont lag as long as your port is 27015 And also if u got 2 comps that u using its good for using ur 2nd comp as a server most people do that

Best answers
ok I'll think I'll try it on my server and take a screen shot I'll tell you if it lags or crashes or not

Best answers
so i need metamod or something like that why cant he make it easy to instal. I have to do all this sh.it to install it why cant he make it easy to instal iam fu.cking lazy

Best answers
Well Metamod for me is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Easy to install ok ok step 1! go to www.metamod.org and read the help stuff thingy wut ever step 2! if that doesnt help then i'll pm whoever or i'll just post the help but it be hard to explain

Best answers
sorry iam just lazy as hell. I dont want to ready any shiit ill juts ask my bro to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom