help me please......................................

Best answers
i double click on the icon and it says " Windows is searching for cstrike.exe" wat does that mean. :confused:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
next time you triple post you get a warning.

give people time to answer.

I don't quite understand your problem, but I can assume...

The shortcut is probably pointing to where cstrike.exe used to be, but it moved or was uninstalled. so check to see if you do have it installed... then you'll have to change the shortcut to point to it.

Best answers
omg lol dont triple post i did that once but no more! just to the right of ur post click edit....

Best answers
Yeah, as Miroku kind of said.

The executable for your Counter Strike Retail version has moved from where it was originally installed.

Did you deleted you Half-life/Counter Strike?
Did you move it to another location?

You need to change the shortcut so that it points ot the correction location.

Best answers
do u have half-life or counter-strike?
cause by the sound of his post doesnt look like it :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
)v(ajin Gogeta you also spam a lot... like u did there again.....

Miroku and Bihal are correct, but your first question is still pretty vague, did u click on the shortcut? or the icon in the game directory itself. did u use the search function on the comp to search for it? there are many variables that may not have been said. judging from your triple post i assume your very eager to have this fixed..... so post again if u have trouble. and what in gods name does CS have to do with ESF. post on the counterstrike forums next time.

Best answers
I understand, what has happened to you is first you made a desktop icon when you first installed. Then after that you moved your original directory do another place on your harddrive. You can do either of two things, make a new shortcut, or bring your directory back the original place.

Best answers
majin_slave said:
i double click on the icon and it says " Windows is searching for cstrike.exe" wat does that mean. :confused:
all you do is click browse then click your hl.exe or Cstrike.exe file then ok, then its all better :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To make a shortcut, copy and paste a CS shortcut. This is assuming you loaded Half Life or Counter-Strike in the C: drive, if not change C: to D: etc. Then:

1. Right click on the new shortcut and hit Properties.
2 Then in the address box, if you have Half-Life make it C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -game esf -console, if you have counter-strike change C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\ To your Counter-Strike folder.

3. Then if you want an icon go to change icon and there is one in your ESF directory select that and hit okay and you are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom