CS ESF Help

Best answers
Please help me, I have the Counter-Strike ONLY not the HL stuff, i got 1.0.0.5 and its messed up still... do i need a new dll? It says my dll isnt the same as the other servers... Please help...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure that your Retail Counter-Strike is updated to the latest version, and, failing that, try reinstalling ESF.

And if you would like to personally contact grOOvy, send him a Private Message ;)

Best answers
I got the latest version of cs, and ive tried reinstalling it like 50 times, but oh well ill try again!

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try uninstalling it from your remove programs menu, then delete whatever is left of it manually. empty your recycle bin and get a drink. then, from another mirror, completely install esf 1.1 again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.0.0.5 is not the latest version you should update.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... 1.0.0.5 is the latest version of cs retail...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You might have had a problem when you downloaded ESF.

Try redownloading it. And you mentioned a DLL, are you getting an error message stating something about a dll?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could be the tracker thing but i get that all the time and it doesnt seem to effect my gameplay

Best answers
Latest CS Retail = 1.5
There is no 1.0.0.0 crap. He probably downloaded the HL Update for 1.0.0.5...
Download CS1.5... And I thought ESF was a MOD for Half-life? :]

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually 1.0.0.5 is 1.5. It's wierd but true. And if he has CS retail, which has mod support, then it should work for CS.

Best answers
Give me £20 and you can have my HL:Generation box set with working HL + CD Key.
Plus I'll give you the 1.1.0.0 FULL!!
:]

Best answers
Umm,this also makes me trouble on my laptop.HL+ESF works great on him...CS+ESF works bad.........I have no problemo for CS+ESF on my Desk computer....

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O Thread title changed from "Gr00vy HELP MEE!!!!" to "CS ESF Help".

ZeRoFRoZZeL said:
Please help me, I have the Counter-Strike ONLY not the HL stuff, i got 1.0.0.5 and its messed up still... do i need a new dll? It says my dll isnt the same as the other servers... Please help...
ZeRoFRoZZeL said:
I got the latest version of cs, and ive tried reinstalling it like 50 times, but oh well ill try again!
Going by your posts in this thread, you never actually mentioned what exactly your problem is, incorrect .dll file or ESF crashing or not working?

In either of the cases, a simple uninstall of your CS and ESF and then reinstallation of { 1.) CS retail version 2.) CS Update v1.5 [ link ] 3.) ESF Beta 1.1 [ link ] } should do it.

Post back in here if you have problems even after doing this and please specify what exactly the problem is.

Best answers
the tracker.dll thing r for cs 1.6 they gonna use it >_< so its nothing to do with teh pr0blem

:eek: teh grOOvy r bak :eek:

Best answers
I think I can clear this up...

I was playing today and I joined a server that said ESFCS, and I joined and it said in the message this is a CS Based ESF server, and then I continued to be kicked by a wrong client.dll file.

Joined "CounterStrike" and I was told in the message this server has esf installed on CS and then I was continued to be booted by a client.dll error.
I'm thinking that he is joining HL Based installations of ESF, and that he is being kicked because the CS version of client.dll is different from the HL version.

Best bet mate - Get HL!

Best answers
Well even though the latest retail version is 1.0.0.5, I've been able to upgrade to 1.0.0.9 through the help of some places, like FilePlanet. You should check there. And if that doesn't help you should try searching on google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom