ENABLING Admin Mod, NOT Installing

Best answers
I installed admin mod successfully, and I know it isn't compatible with the bot mod, so I activated the bot mod, but now I can't figure out how to re-activate my admin mod. I de-activated my bot mod, but how do I access admin mod? Someone reply to this soon plz. Thx.

-Dante

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
adminmod does work with beta 1.1. In fact metamod updated and now handles the new 1.1 features just fine. Be sure the file in hlds (liblist or server.cfg or something) is pointing towards the metamod.dll. Then metamod should be pointing towards adminmod. Can't remember exactly where because its been a while. Just read the readme and its easy though.

Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
adminmod does work with beta 1.1. In fact metamod updated and now handles the new 1.1 features just fine. Be sure the file in hlds (liblist or server.cfg or something) is pointing towards the metamod.dll. Then metamod should be pointing towards adminmod. Can't remember exactly where because its been a while. Just read the readme and its easy though.
In liblist.gam one of the lines says ~gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"~ without the ~, and in AdminMod backup of liblist.gam it says ~gamedll "dlls\esf_bot.dll"~.
I'm pretty sure I should change the AdminMod backup, but what do I change it to?

-Dante

Best answers
make your gamedll setting in liblist.gam to point to your metamod dll

Best answers
ZacK248 said:
make your gamedll setting in liblist.gam to point to your metamod dll
Which metamod.dll? The one in the addons folder, or the one in the AdminMod folder?

-Dante

Best answers
the one in addons folder, but you should have only one metamod.dll (i guess the other one is adminmod.dll)

Best answers
ZacK248 said:
the one in addons folder, but you should have only one metamod.dll (i guess the other one is adminmod.dll)
K, I'll try it. Thanks. I'll update saying if it works or not..Cya.

-Dante

EDIT:

I replaced the bot.dll with metamod.dll but it didn't seem to do anything. It didn't add the Metamod copyright text, it didn't say my name was reserved, and when I typed admin_password, it said unknown command. What am I doing wrong?:(

Best answers
try typing "meta list" in console, if u don't get anything then metamod isn't loaded correctly, if you get a list check if adminmod is loaded

Best answers
ZacK248 said:
try typing "meta list" in console, if u don't get anything then metamod isn't loaded correctly, if you get a list check if adminmod is loaded
Unknown Command: "Meta List"...:cry:..what's wrong with my comp?:(

Wouldn't happen to have any other suggestions...would ya?

-Dante

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Download metamod put it in addons/metamod. Make sure metamod.dll is then in addons/metamod/dlls/ and that liblist is pointing to metamod.dll. Once you have that point metamod to adminmod and you should be set.

Best answers
Scorcher2k said:
Download metamod put it in addons/metamod. Make sure metamod.dll is then in addons/metamod/dlls/ and that liblist is pointing to metamod.dll. Once you have that point metamod to adminmod and you should be set.
How do I point metamod to admin mod? (Please excuse my stupidity)..

Best answers
Just start adminmod from scratch following the install instructions that come with it.

There is a setup script that will do all of this for you in the admin mod install folder.

Best answers
lets say your hosting a game when you have admin mod on whenever i host there be the esf background but it freze so id uninstalled it wht do i do about that

Best answers
Ok, thanks for the help guys, I fixed my admin mod and it's working great. Few more things though, when I try to use admin_slap on someone, it says something about unable to find a sound file, and it doesn't slap anyone..and another thing, when I type admin_slay whoever, nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this? Or is my admin mod ****ed up?

Best answers
Something is screwed up.

I would just rename ESF to ESFOLD
and Reinstall ESF then AdminMod then the latest MetaMod

Best answers
|PT|Mars said:
Something is screwed up.

I would just rename ESF to ESFOLD
and Reinstall ESF then AdminMod then the latest MetaMod

:cry:Nooo....Reinstall esf, adminmod and metamod?!?!?!:cry:
:cry:Nooo....:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread