classifying this

Best answers
im curious, do the makes of ESF consider it a First Person Shooter or a Fighitng game? what do you all think?

given its overly simple melee format, that involves charging at super speeds and knocks the opponent away, this seems to consentrate on range attacks where you then proceed to fire your ki attack, which, despite the names most play out very similarly, till the target is dead. Now i hate to be blunt but dbz is not ment to be a first person shooter. its ment to be a fighitng game with blocks, counters, and diffrent attacks that have varrying effects, hell, even making it so some attacks explode some attacks just burn through, and varrying sprites when two beams hit would be a welcome addition, though being able to move while charging some and control is an a good start. but other than that every thing is over simplistic, making this feel like half life with a flying ability.

but, im curious as to what you all think, is this a fighitng game similar to mortal combat and street fighter, or is this a first person shooter, like, well, half life.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I consider it a third person action game myself.

Anyways, I have a feeling this would do better in ESF Chat then Newbie Central

Best answers
It's not a fighting game nor a first person shooter to me. It's a mix of both, you fight with your fists and feet (ok and a sword) and you fire beams, wich of course you need to aim.

Also this aint the final version of ESF, so the melee (1.2) and some other stuff (beams, animations, sprites) will be added/updated so I wouldnt worry too much, just wait and see. So far I still like it :)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a dbz mod the way we've always wanted one. It can be either a first or third person shooter depending on whether or not you press f4.

Best answers
its an action/shoot um up/fighting game, where it is all about simple deathmatch. its not some hight tech strategic game. just alot of action and fun killing eachother

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom