PLZ HELP

Best answers
All my friends cant get to my server it was working fine before and i havent done anything to it..It is a listenserver and ip is 192.168.1.100:27015 they used gametiger too and it didnt work i dunno whats wrong because im there but noone is coming there i used mr.satan's listenserver cfg and it was all working fine yesterday but now it isnt all of a sudden.......Plz Help..Any ideas?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's kind of hard to help when there aren't many details.
Are your friends who are trying to connect getting some sort of error message when they try?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are using a router, you may be behind a hardware firewall like I am. It's the reason no one can find my servers, the situation may be the same for you.

Best answers
majin_you i think your right i just installed the router and thats when it started. What should i do, my friends say it doesnt show on the list they dun see it at all

Edit: What should i do to get past hardware firewall?Its a linksys wireless 2.4 ghz 802.11b wireless broadband router im linking my computer and another to share cable internet but i dun wanna get rid of router to play esf online without bots.

look at this on the linksys webpage i found for my product..

Q: How do I get Half-Life: Team Fortress to Work with the Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router?
A: The default client port for Half-Life is 27005. The computers on your LAN need to have "+clientport 2700x" to the HL shortcut command line; the x would be 6, 7, 8, and on up. This lets multiple computers connect to the same server. One problem: version 1.0.1.6 won't let multiple computers with the same CD key connect at the same time, even if on the same LAN (not a problem with 1.0.1.3). As far as hosting games, the HL server does not need to be in the DMZ. Just forward port 27015 or 27016 to the local IP of the server computer. There remains, however, a problem with people being booted after a few minutes with an "illegible server message."

would this same thing work with esf if i change the port to 27015 in the instructions i dunno about that illegible server message tho :\ or is that only with same cd key which isnt true gah i better reread it haha

I also found this if this is any help to majin_you helpin me figure this out

Q: With which type of firewall is the Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router equipped?
A: The Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router uses NAT and TCP/IP port inspections.

If i forgot any information its all at http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=68

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That ip you gave is an internal ip which will only work for computers hooked up to your router. Go to a site like www.whatismyip.com to see your external and give it to your friends. If they still can't get in (most likely) then you need to forward the ports in your router. Do as the help says and forward 27015 and 27016 and everything should work fine.

Best answers
i added +clientport 27015 to my shortcut but how do i forward my ip (68.168.11.97) to the ports 27015 and 27016 in my router?

this is how shortcut looks if it matters C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/esf_bot.dll +clientport 27015 oh and i put +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/esf_bot.dll cause i got amx mod too and wanted to run esf bots and amx mod at same time :)

Best answers
i did all of that and still not on gametiger i dont use hlds on the other computer i usualy just use create game on this one do i use static routing to my ip address or something :\ because i did everything in the faq and am 200% positive i did it all right..and still not appear om game tiger

Edit: Should i configure the static routing to forward to my ip so it can be as if router wasnt there?Will that even work?

Best answers
thanks :) but is it for just create game or hlds cause i dunno how to use hlds with esf lol k i did all that because of mars link but still not on gametiger i think urs might have more tho im stillr eadin it

Edit 2 nope mars link has more stuff and i did all that still doesnt work the problem is they dun see it they cant even see it they dont get any error messages cause they cant even connect and the server uses my routers ip instead of mine i configed it like u and mars both said and it still dun work on game tiger when i check and stuff um they cannot see it in their list or in game tiger you know the list with all the servers my server dragongodz is never there i am in it but they dun see it they dont get any errors cause they dont even see it.. i think i repeated like a few times but o well lol...

Best answers
It's used for both HLDS (Half Life Dedicated Server) and create game (normally called a listen server). If you want to use HLDS with ESF, just go to the create game menu and check- Dedicated Server (faster, but you can't join the server from this machine).

Edit- Try getting rid of the +clientport 27015 in the ESF shortcut maybe that'll work.

Best answers
whats ur aim name?Aim me at Godcantfindname

Oh and where do i tell the ip address to forward to besides my routers ip address shouldnt i tell it to forward to my ip or will it automatically detect it or it dun matter as long as config for port 27015?

Best answers
Does that router have a DMZ port?

If it does then try plugging your computer into that and see if it works.

Best answers
im not sure really it has dmz options when i type its ip address in internet explorer so it must? and when i type the ports to forward to (27015) then it just has a ip already there and i can only fill out the last 3 digits..so how am i supposed to forward to my comps ip i put the ip in the tutorial http://192.168.1.1/Forward.htm is where i went then i type hlds and 27015 to 27015 check udp then 192.168.1.100 should i put my routers ip cause it is 192.168.1.1 it doesnt give me the choice to edit the full ip to my computers external ip..it just lets me edit last 3 digits. i got aimed by ssj2kamehameha and then did what he said and it messed up my modem and couldnt access internet till i changed it back :\ hmm?All i need to know is how do i forward the people on my server to my ip i already made blocking wan request disabled and also i made sure to click apply after changing all the settings i mentioned above.. what do i do to make it appear in list because disableing block wan list still doesnt let it appear in list also when i start a server instead of my external ip it says my router ip 192.168.1.1 ok?

Note:my server ip changed to 192.168.1.131 does that mean anything?and if anyone sees a server called dragongodz tell me please :) thanks..

i noticed that it doesnt even work for other servers i cant play esf without bots that is just sad :(

********EDIT**************

i fixed it i think..for anyone wondering how i didnt need my external ip i just went to the router ip http://192.168.1.1 goto advanced goto forwarding put the ports 27015 27015 in check udp check enable then i goto start>run>type in cmds>type in ipconfig /all>type in last 3 digits of ip into ip config box (my ip changed since router) but i dun think its router ip because router ip is http://192.168.1.1 in status so it must be the ip that is inside the router that forwards to my computer i see now its like ur on a huge network of alot of computers and each comp is 192.168.1.??? so u configure it for each one (if u had a big network) when i thought before u just type in the router ip in that box with the last digit being one..
***Just a guess***
ill get back to u all if it worked.....

Best answers
it worked i think cause i got a message at the top of my screen i dunno how to post a img here without a link but this is what it says when i start a create game(listenserver) in esf

Usage: localinfo [ <key> <value> ]
Net ports: Client: 27005 server: 27015
server ip address 192.168.1.102:27015

som1 check if they can join my server plz? im gonna go check gametiger

***EDIT**********************************************
I probably needa change +clientport in shortcut to 27015 mars would u know about this? its currently 27005 and i dun see in gametiger but now that i got the right ip of my comp it should work with 27015 ..

Am i Right??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom