Half Life Update Problems

Best answers
Whenever i try to update halfilfe to be able to play esf it keeps telling me "verifying internet connection...." and it can never verify it, i can play singleplayer halflife but esf is all multiplayer. I'm using Verizon DSL and i have a Linksys router. I'm also using windows XP and im not sure the auto update works on it. can anyone help me?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SilentStrike90 said:
Whenever i try to update halfilfe to be able to play esf it keeps telling me "verifying internet connection...." and it can never verify it, i can play singleplayer halflife but esf is all multiplayer. I'm using Verizon DSL and i have a Linksys router. I'm also using windows XP and im not sure the auto update works on it. can anyone help me?
Welcome to the forums. =]

The simplest way to update Half-Life when the auto-update doesn't work is... voila, Manual Update! [ link ]

You need to update your Half-Life to version 1.1.1.0, download the appropriate update patch and install it.

Happy ESF'ing.

Best answers
grOOvy said:
Welcome to the forums. =]

The simplest way to update Half-Life when the auto-update doesn't work is... voila, Manual Update! [ link ]

You need to update your Half-Life to version 1.1.1.0, download the appropriate update patch and install it.

Happy ESF'ing.

Thanks grOOvy, i did what you said and it worked, i was able to update halfilfe, but i still cant play esf online, do you think the router has anything to do with it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What exactly is stopping you from playing esf online now? are you able to find servers and not join them? give us details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom